Mordhau

I play with fists only and no armor, I paid for this game too.

150 58
  • 16 May
 Botas

@BudSpencer_vs_TheHound said:

@Botas said:

@BudSpencer_vs_TheHound said:
There are a lot of fun single handed weapons to use in this game like the falchion, the messer, or the meat cleaver.And dont underestimate the frying pan, its a force to be reckoned with!

The only single hander im heavily missing is a flail weapontype:

https://www.medievalcollectibles.com/p-31435-13th-century-medieval-flail.aspx

But otherwise im really pleased with the melee combat in this game.

Yeah except if you are using a shield, and why would yo bother with 1 haded weapons if you are not gonna use a shield and not only that you will deal less damage?, every playstyle that is not 2 handed is just not optimal, it will never be.

I like to use the buckler shield a lot together with one handed weapons, because its fun and challenging to play.But i would like it even more if the shield would drain more and more stamina from the user the longer he statically holds it in front of him.Especially while using the larger shields.

Oh... you would like more nerfs to the shield, i think we are done with this conversation.

150 58
  • 16 May
 Botas

@SWSeriousMike said:

@Botas said:
every playstyle that is not 2 handed is just not optimal, it will never be.

Optimal for what? The only 2h weapon that can be thrown is the maul and the range and speed of that is pitiful.
If you want to intentionally miss to make your opponent miss a parry that's cheaper with 1h weapons (lower miss cost).
If you only have 2 points remaining in your loadout the only option for a 2h weapon is a quarterstaff, which is far from optimal and ususally worse than an arming sword.
If you are fighting in confined spaces 2h weapons are unreliable.
If you just want to flinch your opponent in a team fight 1h weapons are usually faster.
If you just want to kill a helpless archer you can kill him faster with a falchion than with a zweihander.
If you get shot by archers while trying to cap a point in frontline a 2h weapon won't protect you very good. A shield will.

Optima for cost benefit, why bring anything than a 2 handed weapon for a system that is designed around 2 handed weapons?, its stupid.

1333 1382

Because 2h weapons can't repair walls and siege weapons.
Really, I can go on with more examples. But you just choose to ignore them and my time is too precious for that.

150 58
  • 16 May
 Botas

@SWSeriousMike said:
Because 2h weapons can't repair walls and siege weapons.
Really, I can go on with more examples. But you just choose to ignore them and my time is too precious for that.

You are really trying too hard.

529 278

Plot Twist, going unarmed and brawler is the best build, plus you can grab weapons, and you spent your points on perks,and armor. But this is stupid to mock the other guys thread who want's bows and shields.

I also agree with what you said about parry.... was that really supposed to be sarcastic? Because it was dead on. I hate the way parry works in this game, that is NOT a parry. Sword clashing is more how a parry works, where you deflect it.

You should try to be sarcastic more often. Those were both spot on.

529 278

Delete blank post.

10 4

make fists 11 points, otherwise mandatory dagger. !1!!

33 25
  • 16 May
 Demfr

Troll of the year lol... Insert meme "Help im being attacked"

Count 1452 3388

Was waiting for this post, Tim. :P

I'm also waiting for the two-handed fist mode to be added:

DFST.jpg

529 278

@Smokingbobs said:
Was waiting for this post, Tim. :P

I'm also waiting for the two-handed fist mode to be added:

DFST.jpg

LOL yeah, and the Star trek next gen chest shove that knocked people down + KO.