Mordhau

I play with fists only and no armor, I paid for this game too.

Knight 1383 3152

I can't even parry with fists. This is bullshit and unfair.

Even in a fantasy context, you don't parry by absorbing the energy of the weapon, you parry by redirecting the weapon, which you can then quickly counter attack off of, known as a riposte.

Also I can't even grab enemy weapons to prevent their use. Why are you guys such fucking weapon elitists.

Also many weapons 1 hit unarmored players? How is this even fair?

You say this is a skill based game, yet you punish players for using the most skill based build the game has to offer.

Looks like Mordhau really wash just a cashgrab after all.

68 94
  • 16 May
 narwic

Top tier bait.

109 165
  • 16 May
 Speak

[audible wink]

Knight 1383 3152

@narwic said:
Top tier bait.

I don't know what you mean by bait.

This is completely genuine

Armor and weapons are unbalanced and unfair crutches used by the less skilled players.

pugilist.png

162 104

Fists and no armor do not cost 11 points, but the longbow does.

150 58
  • 16 May
 Botas

@BudSpencer_vs_TheHound said:

I can not stand this community of selfish bastards, i wish i haven't bought this game seriously, i never thought this game would be so heavily imbalanced towards 1 type of users and the other people would be fucked in the ass completely.

162 104

@Botas said:

I can not stand this community of selfish bastards, i wish i haven't bought this game seriously, i never thought this game would be so heavily imbalanced towards 1 type of users and the other people would be fucked in the ass completely.

Its still a very good game, if you enjoy melee combat.But non melee builds are not really worth playing,which kind of bothers me, because having a lot of different builds to chose from,which all are viable and play vastly different from each other, is what keeps a game interesting for a longer time.

Sure you have a lot of different melee builds,which all have their own framedata, but they feel not as different from each other as a fun to use bow would feel to a melee build.

Knight 1383 3152

crutch

Knight 2597 6887
  • 16 May
 Rattsknecht

fists literally have held block

what noob weapon lmao

777 1029

Add slide tackle

1405 1475

Do you consider fists 2h weapons? I mean you can still use them when you only have one arm left with Flesh Wound.

Knight 2597 6887
  • 16 May
 Rattsknecht

no, its just a hidden form of dual-vielding

literal unhistorical cancer

43 36

@Botas said:

Because of FEAR ... the devs and a lot of people fear good bowmen with balanced gameplay.
They ALL fear a return to chivalry where they get dominated by bowmen ... despite it being harder on this game due to low damage, retarded arrow speed, arrow drop off that feels like someone is playing darts in the local bar instead of shooting a bow and perks that literally return your health as long as you kill a low level player along the way.

"IF" the devs give flynch and arrow speed to bowmen ... I wonder how long it would take until the forum is FLOODED with archers being OP threads. People don't like getting good they want an easy win, in their case it is just pure fear of the not melee class dominating the game.
They could always limit the amount of archers per game as a measure to prevent abuse and stop the people who want to get triggered ... but then again ... we fall back on the fear of good archers.

150 58
  • 16 May
 Botas

@Botas said:

Its still a very good game, if you enjoy melee combat.But non melee builds are not really worth playing,which kind of bothers me, because having a lot of different builds to chose from,which all are viable and play vastly different from each other, is what keeps a game interesting for a longer time.

Sure you have a lot of different melee builds,which all have their own framedata, but they feel not as different from each other as a fun to use bow would feel to a melee build.

Let me correct that statement, is only a "good game" if you play 2 handed loadouts, everything else is garbage.

150 58
  • 16 May
 Botas

@blankc35fd07d35d64832 said:

@Botas said:

Because of FEAR ... the devs and a lot of people fear good bowmen with balanced gameplay.
They ALL fear a return to chivalry where they get dominated by bowmen ... despite it being harder on this game due to low damage, retarded arrow speed, arrow drop off that feels like someone is playing darts in the local bar instead of shooting a bow and perks that literally return your health as long as you kill a low level player along the way.

"IF" the devs give flynch and arrow speed to bowmen ... I wonder how long it would take until the forum is FLOODED with archers being OP threads. People don't like getting good they want an easy win, in their case it is just pure fear of the not melee class dominating the game.
They could always limit the amount of archers per game as a measure to prevent abuse and stop the people who want to get triggered ... but then again ... we fall back on the fear of good archers.

I know, i noticed that anything in this game that compromises 2 handed loadouts is nerfed in one way or the other, is so cynical it isn't even funny anymore.

Knight 108 140

Add Monk perk for parrying weapons with fists and flying kicks.

162 104

@Botas said:

Let me correct that statement, is only a "good game" if you play 2 handed loadouts, everything else is garbage.

There are a lot of fun single handed weapons to use in this game like the falchion, the messer, or the meat cleaver.And dont underestimate the frying pan, its a force to be reckoned with!

The only single hander im heavily missing is a flail weapontype:

https://www.medievalcollectibles.com/p-31435-13th-century-medieval-flail.aspx

But otherwise im really pleased with the melee combat in this game.

150 58
  • 16 May
 Botas

@Botas said:

There are a lot of fun single handed weapons to use in this game like the falchion, the messer, or the meat cleaver.And dont underestimate the frying pan, its a force to be reckoned with!

Yeah except if you are using a shield, and why would yo bother with 1 haded weapons if you are not gonna use a shield and not only that you will deal less damage?, every playstyle that is not 2 handed is just not optimal, it will never be.

162 104

@Botas said:

Yeah except if you are using a shield, and why would yo bother with 1 haded weapons if you are not gonna use a shield and not only that you will deal less damage?, every playstyle that is not 2 handed is just not optimal, it will never be.

I like to use the buckler shield a lot together with one handed weapons, because its fun and challenging to play.But i would like it even more if the shield would drain more and more stamina from the user the longer he statically holds it in front of him.Especially while using the larger shields.

1405 1475

@Botas said:
every playstyle that is not 2 handed is just not optimal, it will never be.

Optimal for what? The only 2h weapon that can be thrown is the maul and the range and speed of that is pitiful.
If you want to intentionally miss to make your opponent miss a parry that's cheaper with 1h weapons (lower miss cost).
If you only have 2 points remaining in your loadout the only option for a 2h weapon is a quarterstaff, which is far from optimal and ususally worse than an arming sword.
If you are fighting in confined spaces 2h weapons are unreliable.
If you just want to flinch your opponent in a team fight 1h weapons are usually faster.
If you just want to kill a helpless archer you can kill him faster with a falchion than with a zweihander.
If you get shot by archers while trying to cap a point in frontline a 2h weapon won't protect you very good. A shield will.