Mordhau

Funny how this changes to kick only affect shields BUT NOT 2 HANDED WEAPONS!

Knight 337 777
  • 16 May '19
 AngelEyes

Yeah this dude might actually top Christian2222

957 311
  • 16 May '19
 Antoniokontos

@Zeratul said:

@Punzybobo said:
fucking 2h elitists are runing this game!!!

Jealous cuz we cut through shield peasants, like piss through snow?

I prefer to be called Armored Bastard

549 618
  • 16 May '19
 Deadmode

You're saying that the game is bias towards 2h weapons now.

Maybe it was bias toward shields but now it has been BALANCED better. Sure, the favor has moved towards 2h weapons, but I say the bias is actually more neutral now.

Face facts, shields were an issue for many and ruined the flow of combat. Now shields require a little more skill to wield effectively and has allowed combat to feel more fluid as a result. It's not a massive nerf either!

Good change imo.

150 58
  • 16 May '19
 Botas

@Bixol said:

@Botas said:

It is almost like they want to keep 2 handed as the only viable loadout in the game, it is litterally untoucheable,

Ah, yeah that happens when people is retarded and don't know reading comprehension, it is untoucheable by the devs and their "balances" you idiots.

I rest my case here, you are even incapable of understanding basic sentences.

150 58
  • 16 May '19
 Botas

@Pred said:
Imagine how hopelessly bad you must've been if such a microscopic, irrelevant change gives you a big problem.

Yeah... it is irrelevant that now shields behave like a 2 handed parry, it is "irrelevant" that they are now made entirely pointless just by 1 change, you people are complete retard or you are just pretending you dont understand´because yo main 2 handed weapons, i don't even know if your stupidity is honest or not.

150 58
  • 16 May '19
 Botas

@Deadmode said:

Maybe it was bias toward shields but now it has been BALANCED better. Sure, the favor has moved towards 2h weapons, but I say the bias is actually more neutral now.

Face facts, shields were an issue for many and ruined the flow of combat. Now shields require a little more skill to wield effectively and has allowed combat to feel more fluid as a result. It's not a massive nerf either!

Good change imo.

Retard.

957 311
  • 16 May '19
 Antoniokontos

@Botas said:

@Pred said:
Imagine how hopelessly bad you must've been if such a microscopic, irrelevant change gives you a big problem.

Yeah... it is irrelevant that now shields behave like a 2 handed parry, it is "irrelevant" that they are now made entirely pointless just by 1 change, you people are complete retard or you are just pretending you dont understand´because yo main 2 handed weapons, i don't even know if your stupidity is honest or not.

look dude as a shield user myself I haven't seen much of a change other than a new challenge to counter that's the fun of this game to learn new ways to win

150 58
  • 16 May '19
 Botas

@Antoniokontos said:

@Botas said:

@Pred said:

look dude as a shield user myself I haven't seen much of a change other than a new challenge to counter that's the fun of this game to learn new ways to win

Stop lying, you are NOT a shield user cunt, you said you 2 hand a weapon, you don't play a shield character.

Knight 934 2556
  • 16 May '19
 Pred

@Botas said:

@Pred said:

Go away Peacerer.

150 58
  • 16 May '19
 Botas

@Pred said:

@Botas said:

@Pred said:

Go away Peacerer.

Lame.

549 618
  • 17 May '19
 Deadmode

@Botas said:

@Deadmode said:

Good change imo.

Retard.

Good counter argument.

@Botas’ lack of social skills is severely hampering the chances of any meaningful discussion here.

114 197

@Botas said:

@Antoniokontos said:

@Botas said:

@Pred said:

Stop lying, you are NOT a shield user cunt, you said you 2 hand a weapon, you don't play a shield character.

It's almost like you can have multiple characters at once

150 58
  • 17 May '19
 Botas

@Lord Petyr Baelish said:

@Botas said:

@Antoniokontos said:

@Botas said:

@Pred said:

It is almost like he said himself that he uses a shield to cover his back and uses a 2 handed weapon.

957 311
  • 17 May '19
 Antoniokontos

@Botas said:

@Botas said:

@Antoniokontos said:

@Botas said:

@Pred said:

It is almost like he said himself that he uses a shield to cover his back and uses a 2 handed weapon.

I just recently stopped using a shield in favor of a bastard sword and throwing axe

41 30
  • 17 May '19
 RoninTheRonin

@Botas said:

@Botas said:

@Antoniokontos said:

@Botas said:

@Pred said:

Botas, what are you trying to accomplish?

8 3
  • 17 May '19
 dueldragon

@Botas said:
You know also what is redundant? SHIELDS, now you have to use them like you are PARRYING WITH A 2 HANDED WEAPON, Why would you even bother to bring a shield that you have to use the exact same way as a 2 handed weapon but with less damage?

NO POINT OF USING SHIELDS NOW.

Shields still cover a bit more space than weapons, and you can keep them up in case you get feinted. 2h playstyile is not OP, like, at all I have no idea where you got that from.

And that point you had about kicks requiring no skill - debatable. There's a time to kick, and you can easily get hit if you kick at the wrong time. I'm not sure if the update addressed it, but before the kick update, if you held your shield up and backed away slowly you would've have avoided the kick.

Count 352 358

@Botas said:

Yeah it's almost like anyone with a braincell could understand that this was a change that was intended to affect shields only. It's almost like shields are a completely unfun mechanic for both the attacker and the defender and make 85% of Mordhau's flowing combat system redundant.

It is almost like they want to keep 2 handed as the only viable loadout in the game, it is litterally untoucheable, no nerfs to that playstyle whatsoever, everything revolves around it, the steam page never said this, if i knew this was gonna be the case i wouldn't have bought this game.

It’s completely false and you don’t even need a shield to get kills with a 1h weapon. If you need to have your shield it’s just because you’re not good enough. Shields have their uses but they don’t need to be cheesy af and give you complete immunity even when you are bad. This is a skilled-based game.

I use LS and arming sword as secondary because against 1h/shield users it’s extremely useful and even against 2h users because of the speed. You just need to know what you’re doing to make the most with what you have. The persons sayin 2h elitist are sincerely clueless.

1923 2014
  • 18 May '19
 SWSeriousMike

@dueldragon said:
2h playstyile is not OP, like, at all I have no idea where you got that from.

You can debate whether it is true or not. But it's easy to see where the idea comes from. It's easier to 1v4 with a zweihander than with an arming sword. The high point-cost weapons are weapons of mass destruction on frontline. That's what they are designed for and the reason they are that expensive.

62 155

If the shield changes weren't in the patch notes or on the forums, I expect OP probably wouldn't have noticed.

7 3
  • 18 May '19
 JanZamoysky

@SWSeriousMike said:

@Botas said:
It is almost like they want to keep 2 handed as the only viable loadout in the game, it is litterally untoucheable

Want to bet? I'm quite sure that even I could beat you with a 1h weapon even when you have a 2h weapon and are therefore literally untouchable. And I'm mediocre.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but most competitive players use two handers, don't they? This clearly shows that 2 handers have an advantage.