Mordhau

Shield is garbage now

150 58
  • 1
  • 16 May
 Botas

You only need to kick a shield user now to stun him and get a free hit no matter what, the shield user can't do NOTHING about it, there is no counters, why have a shield if you are basically giving the enemy free hits whenever you raise it, this game is clearly imbalanced towards 2 handed users.

I want a refund, I don't want to own a game with this imabalced mentality and bias towards certain users only.

1028 1659

You...

You don't know what you're talking about.

109 164
  • 16 May
 Speak

Option 1: Evade the kick. They're stationary while kicking, and it has some windup to it, so landing a kick on a retreating, evasive target is still rather awkward.

Option 2: Drop your shield before the kick hits you so you don't get stunned so hard. Bonus points if you counterkick to actually block the kick.

1028 1659

Gamble, it works alot.

5 19
  • 16 May
 Shields

Kick back or avoid the kick and counter.

Empress 347 847
  • 16 May
 Soulcatcher

lol

i played shield and rapier today to show one of my friends the kick range

hes a lot better than me, and i kill him every so often, but i just gambled like fuck with rapier and got him a lot

just spamming stab while hes winding up his kick and swing animations

gamble like fuck you will be ok pal

shields are a crutch anyway

5 19
  • 16 May
 Shields

If people stopped using shields just to turtle up constantly and instead only used them to block they won't get kick spammed to death. All these turtling wussies are just mad they can't do it anymore.

64 91
  • 16 May
 SoRoofless

Fuck shields.

1255 1284

Next level strats: Hold the shield up and backpedal like an absolute beginner. As soon as they are in spam-the-shield mode turn on the heat.

109 164
  • 1
  • 16 May
 Speak

@Shields said:
instead only used them to block

I guess by this you mean only holding block when you NEED to (to counter a feint/morph or multiple attacks in quick succession from the front). Although it's worth noting that a feint or morph can be cancelled into a kick, so the exact moment when you might actually need to use shield's Hold mechanic is also a moment where a kick is a major threat to you.

I'm really really curious if shields can get to (or perhaps have already gotten to) a spot where they're a legitimate balanced and interesting alternative playstyle with its own pros and cons (as a legitimate lower-attack higher-defense counterpart to 2-hander).

38 66
  • 16 May
 Zeratul

OP is a salty shield peasant, crying because he has to learn the game properly now.

1028 1659

@SWSeriousMike said:
Next level strats: Hold the shield up and backpedal like an absolute beginner. As soon as they are in spam-the-shield mode turn on the heat.

My go to against slow weapons.

Knight 61 42
  • 16 May
 Optimates

You can still backpedal with a shield and be literally impossible to kick.

1255 1284

And another one who doesn't know the meaning "literally" and "impossible".

67 40
  • 16 May
 Kuro1n

OP Do you think that by creating more topic regarding the same shit you will get anything changed?

850 246

I carry a shield for counter of Archers when I see a 2 hander (who isent using a spear) ill go 2 handed Bastard Sword

523 566
  • 1
  • 16 May
 Deadmode

"Wah, this game hasn't got the easy mode crutch I relied on anymore. Wah"

Seriously, good shield players still rock. All that's happened is shit shield players have to learn the game now.

150 58
  • 16 May
 Botas

@Deadmode said:
"Wah, this game hasn't got the easy mode crutch I relied on anymore. Wah"

Seriously, good shield players still rock. All that's happened is shit shield players have to learn the game now.

No, all what happened is now shield is an entirely pointless feature that has no place in the game.

150 58
  • 16 May
 Botas

@Antoniokontos said:
I carry a shield for counter of Archers when I see a 2 hander (who isent using a spear) ill go 2 handed Bastard Sword

Yeah stop lying, you can parry arrows just fine with a 2 handed weapon and it is not like archery is completely nerfed in favor of melee in this game, please just stop.

850 246

@Botas said:

@Antoniokontos said:
I carry a shield for counter of Archers when I see a 2 hander (who isent using a spear) ill go 2 handed Bastard Sword

Yeah stop lying, you can parry arrows just fine with a 2 handed weapon and it is not like archery is completely nerfed in favor of melee in this game, please just stop.

its true despite what you think atleast I don't use a rapier and a shield