Mordhau

I play with bows and sometimes with shields I paid for the game too

Knight 399 868
  • 17 May
 Alphonse

@blankc35fd07d35d64832 said:
Did you know you cant kick with a bow in your hands because for some reason your legs are glued to the floor and the bows are heavier than horses? (Sarcasm is implied)

The reason you can't kick with a bow is probably due to a gameplay decision. Funny thing is, it actually benefits mostly shield users. An archer can't kick and stun you, then shoot a loaded crossbow at your head 2 feet away from you if you decided to charge at him with your block held up, which should be the semi standard procedure when approaching a ranged fighter.

I miss most of my arrow parries and when 2 or 3 guys are shooting at me I hardly know what will happen.

Make them too OP and it's the equivalent of putting 5 ballistas. There is currently no way to prevent a team from stacking 20 archers which would make the fights pretty fucking boring for all parties involved.

4 11
  • 17 May

palms sweaty arms spaghetti
gettin mad at these changes already
dudes a fuckin scrub
cuz hes a fuckin nub
git gud

41 29

@4 said:
dudes a fuckin scrub
cuz hes a fuckin nub
git gud

162 104

@RoninTheRonin said:

@4 said:
dudes a fuckin scrub
cuz hes a fuckin nub
git gud

Almost all the people playing archer in this game on a regular base say that the class is to weak at the moment.Before i belive your rap lines more then every archer player in this game i want to have extra proof of you both uploading videos of you two guys playing as archer and owning everyone.

Knight 108 140

@Zherot said:

Did you know you cant kick with a bow in your hands because for some reason your legs are glued to the floor and the bows are heavier than horses? (Sarcasm is implied)

Is this for real? wow, the developers truly hate Archers.

You can't kick when holding just a shield either. If you want to kick, you have to find a weapon or drop the shield. Hence, if you are cornered between wall and a kicking opponent with just a shield, you're as good as dead. Can't punch with your free hand, can't kick.

Yup, they love both archers and shields very much.

1405 1477

How often did that happen to you?

367 340
  • 17 May
 Peacerer

Another bullcrap i have already mentioned in alpha and 2h elitists just remained silent.

It's like Marko used some parts of the code directly from Chivalry.

1090 1722

Imagine being forced to face hug a shield user when you spent points on a long rage halberd and light armor. Imagine spending those points just so you have to kick when a shield comes along... and kicking is rather gambly and dangerous in light armor. Imagine having a slow weapon and trying to kick a shield and often getting gambled despite initiative. Not like kick is viable in 1vX anyways.

If kicking a shield is formulaic then preventing a kick is also pretty formulaic. Is it really gambling to spam stab if you know you'll hit first every time if they go for a kick.

Half the people in this game play by range and the other half play by facehug.

After 10 hours any shield user will read side stabs at least most of the time, though it gets harder for them at face hug.

What I'm getting at is beating shield is mostly about face hugging to kick and land some side stabs. Leg/face shots allows hitting around the shield from range to be somewhat more viable.

Shield balance is incomplete until there are leg hits and alternatively, face stabs. If shield stays up on hit, this will not be cancer in team play AND leg hits aren't viable at face hug anyways due to the nature of swing animations (leg hits at face hug actually hit chest since it starts inside chest.) And over head foot drags are easily blocked by simply moving into them. More reading from shield users and more options for 2h.

523 566
  • 17 May
 Deadmode

In the thread: @Botas crying again because he doesn’t understand how to play the game.

523 566
  • 17 May
 Deadmode

Also, in the thread: Archers who think their class should top leaderboards when it’s a class build for support and helping melee characters.

138 218
  • 17 May
 DylanS_98

I still see people use shields and do good. The changes were clearly directed at people who just HELD a prolonged block to soak up damage because that totally encourages skillful gameplay. Not to mention the hitbox was reduced more to the actual shield which hey... Makes sense to me. Don't see why the shield should have to have an invisible barrier.

I'm glad they did the change, it makes fighting bad players less tedious; and rewards good players with more defense. This is clearly just a learn to play issue. Or as someone said..

Git Gud.

• 17 May
 Botas
This comment was deleted.
Knight 108 140

@DylanS_98 said:
I still see people use shields and do good. The changes were clearly directed at people who just HELD a prolonged block to soak up damage because that totally encourages skillful gameplay. Not to mention the hitbox was reduced more to the actual shield which hey... Makes sense to me. Don't see why the shield should have to have an invisible barrier.

I'm glad they did the change, it makes fighting bad players less tedious; and rewards good players with more defense. This is clearly just a learn to play issue. Or as someone said..

Git Gud.

Every shield nerf is explainable by "git gud". But when shields are momentarily good, oh the crying.

Look at any FL or duel server. You will see 2-hander weapons dominating the scores. The best shield players are among average scores. If it was a "git gud" issue, a shield player would top the scores now and then, and there would often be one among the top 3. Now this is not the case.

Baron 47 89

@ǀǁǂÐƦ₳ƓƟƝƁƟƦƝǂǁǀ said:

@DylanS_98 said:

Git Gud.

Every shield nerf is explainable by "git gud". But when shields are momentarily good, oh the crying.

Look at any FL or duel server. You will see 2-hander weapons dominating the scores. The best shield players are among average scores. If it was a "git gud" issue, a shield player would top the scores now and then, and there would often be one among the top 3. Now this is not the case.

GiT gUd
Nub.

367 340
  • 17 May
 Peacerer

@recurf said:
I dont play frontline at all, but I can say in 1v1 duels and small skirmishes 3v3, 5v5. Shields are literally useless.

Shields are even more useless in FL (dmg wise i could go with them, but weapons' reach is just inferior). Infact shields are such a crap (archery even bigger crap) that since release most of the time i play with freaking 2h weapon. Any other option, but to use 2h, is just to hindered by developers.
I dont recall your name from alpha, but if you're in EU we can make a couple of friendly duels. Im quite confident i can give you some hard time.

@ǀǁǂÐƦ₳ƓƟƝƁƟƦƝǂǁǀ said:

@DylanS_98 said:

Git Gud.

I agree with you Dragonborn.

Just feel to say whenever i play with a shield which i rarely do thise days im usually top 3, by heart i would say majority of the time you see me on the battlefield always on the top. I play FL only. However, the amount of effort i have to put into s+1h to be top scored can't be even remotely compared with the effort i dedicate to 2h weapon to be #1.

41 29

@Botas said:

@4 said:
dudes a fuckin scrub
cuz hes a fuckin nub
git gud

Why don't you go and kill more of your people so we can be free of your precense in the world entirely? since you people love to kill each other that much do at least something good.

you are so messed up dude.

43 36

@Deadmode said:
Also, in the thread: Archers who think their class should top leaderboards when it’s a class build for support and helping melee characters.

And yet you fail to realize how slow arrow speed and heavy limitations on archers cripples this purpose ...

Being GOOD at a character should be reflected if there is balance ... when there isn't balance ... well you get this game outside the melee egocentricity.

43 36

@Alphonse said:

The reason you can't kick with a bow is probably due to a gameplay decision. Funny thing is, it actually benefits mostly shield users. An archer can't kick and stun you, then shoot a loaded crossbow at your head 2 feet away from you if you decided to charge at him with your block held up, which should be the semi standard procedure when approaching a ranged fighter.

I miss most of my arrow parries and when 2 or 3 guys are shooting at me I hardly know what will happen.

Make them too OP and it's the equivalent of putting 5 ballistas. There is currently no way to prevent a team from stacking 20 archers which would make the fights pretty fucking boring for all parties involved.

Okay lets go with your assumption ... then why the mechanic exists on bowmen?
We can't load and shoot an arrow before the enemy recovers from a kick ... hell we can't even change to fists and throw a punch before the recovery.
And I will ignore your 20 archers thing because the 20 archers will die to infantry if they are just mildly good infantry men and know how to time blocks.

Nobody asks for OP archers ... give a good archer a decent balance and he will be in the top and making sure top players don't murder mob level players. Instead keep their focus on them right now no matter how good you are ... you will eventually drop to top 5 at best. Only time you will be top as archer is when you have the rest of the entirety of your team at mob level.

523 566
  • 17 May
 Deadmode

This is what I don’t get. Why are archers so worried about their position on the scoreboard!?

As long as you are utilising your class properly then you will be helping your team. Sure, you probably won’t be top of the board compared to melee players, but they are faced with more opponents during a game anyway (so more scoring chances).

If topping a points list is important, why can’t you be satisfied with being the highest scoring archer in the match, and just accept that the archers will be lower down the list as a whole?

In real warfare, archers only fired volleys anyway. They didn’t go around solo trying to single out enemies. If archers in this game banded together more and volleyed paths to objectives to stop enemy progress, you lot probably would see more notoriety on the scoreboard and actually be of use to a team and gain support from melee players for being a useful asset.

As it stands, archers are largely just a pest for melee players and ruin the enjoyment of the combat instead of being a tactical challenge to negate. If the class is buffed in the current play style meta then it would totally ruin the melee, which is this game’s primary focus whether you like it or not.

162 104

@Deadmode said:
This is what I don’t get. Why are archers so worried about their position on the scoreboard!?

Killing other player is fun.Getting more assists then kills not so much. People use the scoreboard as measuring tool to check how many kills they get compared to other classes.

And stop bringing up that you guys got once 5th place as archer while winning against a noob team. A more reasonable evaluation would be you playing 100 games as archer and then 100 games with your favorite melee class and then compare those two sets.