Mordhau

I play with bows and sometimes with shields I paid for the game too

777 1022

@Botas said:
kicking now is an "i win button" vs any shield user.

Vs any shield user who is unskilled with slow reaction times. Literally the only thing people will think when they read your shit is "wow that guy has no idea what he's talking about and must be very bad at the game."

So have fun ranting like a crazy person, but you're doing more harm to your cause than anything.

41 29

@Botas said:

@Fr_067Alph said:
I really don't care about the shields nerf. It wasn't rocket science to counter them (hugging, kicking, outspacing etc.) but now it seems the nerf was targeting the ones who would turtle. It only helps new player / players who have more trouble with the game. Shield still are a really good aid against archers and to avoid completely the concentration needed to read someone with their feints and morph. It's bascically a support item for people having trouble with 2 handers or wtv that feints a lot (though extreme feinters are easily punishable with their lack of stamina management and people need to learn that)

In short, if you can't counter a shield (whom 90% of users are brain dead) You really, unironically need to get good at the game.

The irony is the people that tell the shield users to git gud now are the ones that could not get good even though beating shield users wasn't even that difficult as some good players already pointed out, they were so bad that the developers had to come and nerf the shit out of shield so they can now think "they are good" because kicking now is an "i win button" vs any shield user.

you still are missing the point, you as a shield player can still counter kicks and is, surprisingly maybe, not a "I win button". Again it is not about the good players it is about the beginners that need to have a fair matchup against shields. shields can still hold block to cancel any melee or ranged attack if they can aim and kicks are countered by stabbing and counter kicking.

41 29

@smellycathawk said:

@Botas said:
kicking now is an "i win button" vs any shield user.

Vs any shield user who is unskilled with slow reaction times. Literally the only thing people will think when they read your shit is "wow that guy has no idea what he's talking about and must be very bad at the game."

So have fun ranting like a crazy person, but you're doing more harm to your cause than anything.

he is isn't he? funny to watch someone burn any credibility they might have had. He might even get himself banned.

44 55
  • 16 May
 Zherot

@RoninTheRonin said:

@Botas said:

@Fr_067Alph said:
I really don't care about the shields nerf. It wasn't rocket science to counter them (hugging, kicking, outspacing etc.) but now it seems the nerf was targeting the ones who would turtle. It only helps new player / players who have more trouble with the game. Shield still are a really good aid against archers and to avoid completely the concentration needed to read someone with their feints and morph. It's bascically a support item for people having trouble with 2 handers or wtv that feints a lot (though extreme feinters are easily punishable with their lack of stamina management and people need to learn that)

In short, if you can't counter a shield (whom 90% of users are brain dead) You really, unironically need to get good at the game.

The irony is the people that tell the shield users to git gud now are the ones that could not get good even though beating shield users wasn't even that difficult as some good players already pointed out, they were so bad that the developers had to come and nerf the shit out of shield so they can now think "they are good" because kicking now is an "i win button" vs any shield user.

you still are missing the point, you as a shield player can still counter kicks and is, surprisingly maybe, not a "I win button". Again it is not about the good players it is about the beginners that need to have a fair matchup against shields. shields can still hold block to cancel any melee or ranged attack if they can aim and kicks are countered by stabbing and counter kicking.

Stop making lame ass Excuses, the game is imbalanced, go away with your bs somewhere else.

340 303
  • 16 May
 Peacerer

Just gonna quote myself.

@Peacerer said:
Since archery came to alpha i have been complaining how badly developers implemented it. Gained many hatred by 2h elitist hypocrites who basically didn't give a sh** about the game as long as they can pwn. Developers were and still are totally biased in favour of 2h weapons.
At any time during alpha 2h elitists wanted to nerf (or remove) anything that could even remotely endanger their "leet and skilled" two meters swings. Being that archery or shields (you can see developers nerfed shields again with today's update) nothing should stay in the way of 2h weapons.
For almost two year in alpha i have beein playing mostly 1h+s and waiting for archery to came in game. When devs finally have released archery - oh boy, what a disappointment.

Basically developers created fake features, kinda empthy filler. The worst thing is developers made archery bad on purpose. Be no mistaken it wasn't a coincidence nor mistake, but implemented like garbage on purpose. Developers were afraid of uproar of alpha players who were mostly chivalry veteran 2h elitist youngsters.

Mordhau is totally made for 2h weapons and revolve around 2h. In alpha game had a strong, although small, community of 2h elitists, mainly coming from game Chivalry. Based on that developers are scared to do any drastic step out of 2h weaponry and make Mordhau a great game with lots of variety and feature rich.
2h elitists will cry about any single thing they don't like. Basically EVERYTHING what they don't like/use/play will be unbalanced, unneeded, wrong, OP etc and will cry hard to developers to either remove it or nerf it hard which basically leads to the same result - noone useing it. Similar happened with shields, bows in alpha... and it's already happening in released game as well.
You have to understand. In Mordhau realism only applies to a particual part of melee, and everything else is nerfed to hell so that it doesn't inconvenience the people who are great at melee by allowing anyone else to play. I have been saying this for almost 2 years in alpha, gained many hatred by 2h elitists youngsters. However it is absolutely true. Developers are totally biased towards 2h melee not to cause 2h elitists (mostly Chivalry veterans) cry, so they intentionally implement other features badly (kinda fake features), just an empthy filler which you can't really utilize succesful no matter how good you play the game.
The developers were huge fans of doing minor tweaks of numbers here or there but never anything that really wowed me and if anything, made certain things worse. If you didn't fall in line with the whole, "Must use a Two-handed weapon to compensate for the size of my member", then there's a good chance the developers would purposefully nerf your playstyle.

Basically developers pooped on the rest of players (by the rest i mean those who are not into 2h only but want to use shields, bows etc).

Also to the die hard fan bois, you deserve nothing but a middle finger up, you bring and talk about realism when it suits you other time saying its just a game. Make up your mind hypocrites!

41 29

@Zherot said:

@RoninTheRonin said:

@Botas said:

@Fr_067Alph said:

Stop making lame ass Excuses, the game is imbalanced, go away with your bs somewhere else.

I am enjoying the game and trying to make arguments to get you guys to enjoy it aswell. it clearly isn't working so shouldn't you guys move away? If going into a discussion doesn't help and you are just annoying litteraly everybody else with bad arguments based on salty feelings because a certain thing got balanced out in comparison to the rest of the game. honestly I am fine with every change they may make. I just want people to enjoy the game which, you best sir, clearly are not.

111 51
  • 16 May
 yvesgomes

One of the few heated dudes saying the community is the most toxic.

strong-in-this-one-the-irony-is.jpg

41 29

@yvesgomes said:
One of the few heated dudes saying the community is the most toxic.

strong-in-this-one-the-irony-is.jpg

lol, that is so true! good to see you can see the humour in this situation.

41 29

@Peacerer said:
Just gonna quote myself.

@Peacerer said:
Since archery came to alpha i have been complaining how badly developers implemented it. Gained many hatred by 2h elitist hypocrites who basically didn't give a sh** about the game as long as they can pwn. Developers were and still are totally biased in favour of 2h weapons.
At any time during alpha 2h elitists wanted to nerf (or remove) anything that could even remotely endanger their "leet and skilled" two meters swings. Being that archery or shields (you can see developers nerfed shields again with today's update) nothing should stay in the way of 2h weapons.
For almost two year in alpha i have beein playing mostly 1h+s and waiting for archery to came in game. When devs finally have released archery - oh boy, what a disappointment.

Basically developers created fake features, kinda empthy filler. The worst thing is developers made archery bad on purpose. Be no mistaken it wasn't a coincidence nor mistake, but implemented like garbage on purpose. Developers were afraid of uproar of alpha players who were mostly chivalry veteran 2h elitist youngsters.

Mordhau is totally made for 2h weapons and revolve around 2h. In alpha game had a strong, although small, community of 2h elitists, mainly coming from game Chivalry. Based on that developers are scared to do any drastic step out of 2h weaponry and make Mordhau a great game with lots of variety and feature rich.
2h elitists will cry about any single thing they don't like. Basically EVERYTHING what they don't like/use/play will be unbalanced, unneeded, wrong, OP etc and will cry hard to developers to either remove it or nerf it hard which basically leads to the same result - noone useing it. Similar happened with shields, bows in alpha... and it's already happening in released game as well.
You have to understand. In Mordhau realism only applies to a particual part of melee, and everything else is nerfed to hell so that it doesn't inconvenience the people who are great at melee by allowing anyone else to play. I have been saying this for almost 2 years in alpha, gained many hatred by 2h elitists youngsters. However it is absolutely true. Developers are totally biased towards 2h melee not to cause 2h elitists (mostly Chivalry veterans) cry, so they intentionally implement other features badly (kinda fake features), just an empthy filler which you can't really utilize succesful no matter how good you play the game.
The developers were huge fans of doing minor tweaks of numbers here or there but never anything that really wowed me and if anything, made certain things worse. If you didn't fall in line with the whole, "Must use a Two-handed weapon to compensate for the size of my member", then there's a good chance the developers would purposefully nerf your playstyle.

Basically developers pooped on the rest of players (by the rest i mean those who are not into 2h only but want to use shields, bows etc).

Also to the die hard fan bois, you deserve nothing but a middle finger up, you bring and talk about realism when it suits you other time saying its just a game. Make up your mind hypocrites!

you aren't going to change the game on your own. It could be to your own benefit to stop beating the dead horse. I just joined this game and I have learned every aspect of this game and try to implement it. it is fun and I want to share the fun. While you just seem to enjoy to keep hammering on about a certain aspect of the game which you dislike but which is the focus point around which the game is build. just lay down the pitchfork for once and stop trying to insult people or else you might get yourself kicked of the forums. And yes realism must suffer when it comes to making the game balanced: not being able to block arrows would be even more annoying but it also shouldn't be easy. swords, of which there are around 8 of, shouldn't feel weak against armor if this is a selling point of the game. In the end it still is just a game. something artificial that has no value in real life, yet you so vigorously fight for your opinion while screaming to others to take a middle finger and to go away like the hypocrites they are. that isn't really a well constructed argument to begin with. anyway I hope you can still find some enjoyment in the game as I do.

68 94
  • 16 May
 narwic

Clearly we should make a game called Shieldhau for Botas. Maybe we can all pitch in and give him his thirty dollars back so he can get his precious refund and stop spamming threads.

Baron 45 79
  • 16 May
 Tatornator

kick.into.kicks.you.potatos.

955 972

Botas and Christian is still a better love story than twilight.

162 103

@RoninTheRonin said:
And yes realism must suffer when it comes to making the game balanced: not being able to block arrows would be even more annoying but it also shouldn't be easy. swords, of which there are around 8 of, shouldn't feel weak against armor if this is a selling point of the game. In the end it still is just a game.

I don't care about realism in video games at all.All i want is that the classes i like to play do not get sabotaged by the people hating those class through giving the devs negatively biased feedback, like it clearly happened with archery in the alpha.

You may think archery in this game is fine, the most people playing this class and the scoreboard at the end of each round say otherwise. Sure you don't care about that, because you don't have to play that class, you only have to play against it and have therefore a completely different interest, then the people playing as archer, which have to make the class work for themselves.

I think blocking arrows is fine and fair gameplaywise, but arrows traveling at slow motion and enemies attacks getting not interrupted on arrow hit is not justified.

44 55
  • 16 May
 Zherot

@BudSpencer_vs_TheHound said:

@RoninTheRonin said:
And yes realism must suffer when it comes to making the game balanced: not being able to block arrows would be even more annoying but it also shouldn't be easy. swords, of which there are around 8 of, shouldn't feel weak against armor if this is a selling point of the game. In the end it still is just a game.

I don't care about realism in video games at all.All i want is that the classes i like to play do not get sabotaged by the people hating those class through giving the devs negatively biased feedback, like it clearly happened with archery in the alpha.

You may think archery in this game is fine, the most people playing this class and the scoreboard at the end of each round say otherwise. Sure you don't care about that, because you don't have to play that class, you only have to play against it and have therefore a completely different interest, then the people playing as archer, which have to make the class work for themselves.

I think blocking arrows is fine and fair gameplaywise, but arrows traveling at slow motion and enemies attacks getting not interrupted on arrow hit is not justified.

They are just selfish.

43 36

Just blame canada eh i mean ... the devs for their FEAR of archers due to chivalry PTSD. heh

24 18
  • 17 May
 nf_straydog

botas, did you know that you can kick against people using two handers too? it's actually pretty good, I do it all the time. 2h users can't parry kicks either.

43 36

Did you know you cant kick with a bow in your hands because for some reason your legs are glued to the floor and the bows are heavier than horses? (Sarcasm is implied)

44 55
  • 17 May
 Zherot

@nf_straydog said:
botas, did you know that you can kick against people using two handers too? it's actually pretty good, I do it all the time. 2h users can't parry kicks either.

Another falacy, kick was buffed to nerf shields, the range is still terrible vs a 2 handed loadout, the buff is only something a 2 handed build can consistently do to a shield user not the other way around.

44 55
  • 17 May
 Zherot

@blankc35fd07d35d64832 said:
Did you know you cant kick with a bow in your hands because for some reason your legs are glued to the floor and the bows are heavier than horses? (Sarcasm is implied)

Is this for real? wow, the developers truly hate Archers.

24 18
  • 17 May
 nf_straydog

@Zherot said:

@nf_straydog said:

Another falacy, kick was buffed to nerf shields, the range is still terrible vs a 2 handed loadout, the buff is only something a 2 handed build can consistently do to a shield user not the other way around.

the range is terrible but the speed is good. it's very strong against people who run at you feinting, and even though the followup isn't guaranteed, I find that I get followup stabs about 90% of the time just due to the sheer surprise