Mordhau

I play with bows and sometimes with shields I paid for the game too

777 1029

The game is finally playable

1405 1477

@Roag said:
You guys are tripping if you think shield is un-viable.

Played in 2 scrims (5v5) yesterday vs comp clans, they both used a shield and it was still a monumental pain in the ass to deal with and won them both a few rounds by simply making switching difficult. Our guys won 1v2's several times, but not once when it was vs th shield + one other.

We want proof! (Actually I just want to watch for entertainment purposes.)

182 200
  • 16 May
 Roag

I do stream sometimes on twitch (not for anything other than to let friends watch). Welcome to add me on steam if you want to watch our scrim tonight, roag15 on twitch too :)

43 36

Bows don't need much change ... arrows should cause flinching/stun however you want to call it and arrow speed.

I prefer the higher skill tier needed to be good at it than that of melee because ... let's face it if you played any decent amount of hours on any multiplayer sword game you can do ok with an hour of melee play on here ... it isn't rocket science and teamates are more dangerous than enemies half the time.

Baron 47 89

@blankc35fd07d35d64832 said:
Bows don't need much change ... arrows should cause flinching/stun however you want to call it and arrow speed.

I prefer the higher skill tier needed to be good at it than that of melee because ... let's face it if you played any decent amount of hours on any multiplayer sword game you can do ok with an hour of melee play on here ... it isn't rocket science and teamates are more dangerous than enemies half the time.

Coming from someone who has no idea what level of skills are practiced at the highest competitive play; which still being new, is drastically lower than what it will be in the future. In the end you're just pointing and shooting at a moving target, there is no intense, mental tug-of-war war with another skilled opponent. Those who argue that the skill cap of ranged is higher than melee is just as funny as it gets.

150 58
  • 16 May
 Botas

This community is cancer.

Devs can do whatever they want with their game but they owe to put that on the steam page so people KNOW what are they paying for, i certainly didn´t pay for this unbalanced towards 1 loadout game balance i have always hated biases and this game is a bias simulator i can not stand it anymore i just want my money back and the developers can do whatever they want with their game.

182 200
  • 16 May
 Roag

@Botas said:
This community is cancer.

Devs can do whatever they want with their game but they owe to put that on the steam page so people KNOW what are they paying for, i certainly didn´t pay for this unbalanced towards 1 loadout game balance i have always hated biases and this game is a bias simulator i can not stand it anymore i just want my money back and the developers can do whatever they want with their game.

This is like saying "PUBG devs mislead me into buying the game because I thought the pan could compete with the guns"

The game is a melee focussed video game in a medieval setting, it isn't a medieval combat simulator nor does it pretend to be one. 2hand weapons are the most viable as the devs have based the combat around skill based sword play, shields and archers were implemented to serve a different purpose and to add variety to the base gameplay.

A game that offers various classes will always have a meta and will always offer bias in favour of certain playstyles, regardless of developer intent. Just because you can't top frag as an archer doesn't mean it's a "meme class".

43 36

@Tatornator said:

Coming from someone who has no idea what level of skills are practiced at the highest competitive play; which still being new, is drastically lower than what it will be in the future. In the end you're just pointing and shooting at a moving target, there is no intense, mental tug-of-war war with another skilled opponent. Those who argue that the skill cap of ranged is higher than melee is just as funny as it gets.

Really? slow projectile speed, 1 hit deaths from thrown weapons ... projectiles that can be blocked with a handheld weapon ... low damage being dealt ... projectiles that can be "parried" during melee combat despite them not being anywhere close of where their projectile is at.
Yes you are correct you have no idea what is needed as a skill to be proficient as an archer in this game and you can laugh if you wish due to your lack of knowledge I can't hold it against you.
The way the archer is made currently is a flimsy potshot then change to melee class with a heavy burden because of how much the bows cost. Which goes against everything an archer should be but then again ... this is due to FEAR from the devs into making archers proficient enough that people will start getting chivalry flashbacks and need to be hospitalized for PTSD.

150 58
  • 16 May
 Botas

@Tatornator said:

Really? slow projectile speed, 1 hit deaths from thrown weapons ... projectiles that can be blocked with a handheld weapon ... low damage being dealt ... projectiles that can be "parried" during melee combat despite them not being anywhere close of where their projectile is at.
Yes you are correct you have no idea what is needed as a skill to be proficient as an archer in this game and you can laugh if you wish due to your lack of knowledge I can't hold it against you.
The way the archer is made currently is a flimsy potshot then change to melee class with a heavy burden because of how much the bows cost. Which goes against everything an archer should be but then again ... this is due to FEAR from the devs into making archers proficient enough that people will start getting chivalry flashbacks and need to be hospitalized for PTSD.

This community is the worst community in a videogame i have seen in my life, that is really something, you reeeeaallly have to be bad to top Overwatch community.

Knight 108 140

You got it, Zherot.

Archery and shields are playstyles that are unlikely to ever be compatible to 2-handers. Majority of the playerbase are interested of 2-hander playstyles. If archery or shield builds are made even close to being compatible with them, the yelling starts, and the majority is always the loudest. It looks like this game will be about 2-handed weapons. Anything else will be in a secondary place.

Archers are gimped to the point where they are forced to hunt ohter archers for deadly hits (Huntsman perk; no equal perk for targeting heavy armor). Shields will be eventually nerfed to the point where nobody uses them, except for a turtle shell to cover their backs when they are running, like in Chivalry.

And yeah, I backed up the game in Kickstarter in hopes to see viable archery and shield builds as well.

529 278

Actually thinking back on it fighting against a shielder wasnt that bad.... they can't parry/repost =/

The real question is howcome every time I use shield I still get shot with arrows, and throwing axes >_< I'm crouching, and holding my shield up.

They just need to make it so you can throw your shield for 35 damage against heavy armor, bam, viable.

Knight 334 777
Mercenary 2187 3902
Conscript 150 273
  • 16 May
 Kaiowa

@Zherot said:
You nerfed shields today even when good players told you that the only thing that needed a buff was the kick,...

Isn't that exactly what they did though? Buffed kicks' range against shields and fixed shield's hitboxes being bigger than the actual size of the shield. They're still a decent choice, just more balanced.

As for archery I believe the longbow damage is absolutely fine (recurve is another story), only problem with it is the stupid Call of Duty HP regeneration that allows players to hide for a few seconds and completely recover from a shot. Totally agree on slow projectile speed, no stun on hit and parrying arrows being bad decisions though, but I wouldn't expect that to change. They might increase the stupid speed but nothing beyond that. Weapons cost is well balanced too, if they decrease longbow cost by a single point that would enable archers to equip a tier 3 chest armor with Huntsman and meele weapon, no longer dying in one shot (unless headshot) but still killing you in one unless you use exactly the same build. That'd be boring.

11 14
  • 16 May
 Fr_067Alph

I really don't care about the shields nerf. It wasn't rocket science to counter them (hugging, kicking, outspacing etc.) but now it seems the nerf was targeting the ones who would turtle. It only helps new player / players who have more trouble with the game. Shield still are a really good aid against archers and to avoid completely the concentration needed to read someone with their feints and morph. It's bascically a support item for people having trouble with 2 handers or wtv that feints a lot (though extreme feinters are easily punishable with their lack of stamina management and people need to learn that)

In short, if you can't counter a shield (whom 90% of users are brain dead) You really, unironically need to get good at the game.

150 58
  • 16 May
 Botas

@ǀǁǂÐƦ₳ƓƟƝƁƟƦƝǂǁǀ said:
You got it, Zherot.

Archery and shields are playstyles that are unlikely to ever be compatible to 2-handers. Majority of the playerbase are interested of 2-hander playstyles. If archery or shield builds are made even close to being compatible with them, the yelling starts, and the majority is always the loudest. It looks like this game will be about 2-handed weapons. Anything else will be in a secondary place.

Archers are gimped to the point where they are forced to hunt ohter archers for deadly hits (Huntsman perk; no equal perk for targeting heavy armor). Shields will be eventually nerfed to the point where nobody uses them, except for a turtle shell to cover their backs when they are running, like in Chivalry.

And yeah, I backed up the game in Kickstarter in hopes to see viable archery and shield builds as well.

It is actually nice to see another person to agree and see what problems this game has and not any person but a backer, it is an amazing game but really imbalanced and if i knew things were like this i wouldn't have bought it.

This game like i said is good, it is fun but the way it is being "balanced" right now is terrible and will kill the game eventually, more and more people will notice how biased this game is towards one playstyle and if they don't play that particular playstyle they will just leave the game, it is sad to be honest.

777 1029

Man too unbalanced to understand what balance is.

150 58
  • 16 May
 Botas

@Christian2222 said:
Actually thinking back on it fighting against a shielder wasnt that bad.... they can't parry/repost =/

The real question is howcome every time I use shield I still get shot with arrows, and throwing axes >_< I'm crouching, and holding my shield up.

They just need to make it so you can throw your shield for 35 damage against heavy armor, bam, viable.

I like you, even though you are clearly 2 handed user and depise archers etc you are really mature in every response you make (or most of them), you are a reasonable person and also a funny one, i wish this community had more people like you, you are really a good example of what good sportmanship and fairness should be, you also seem to have the ability to reconsider your opinions and if you were wrong you accept it, like right now when you after seeing the nerf of shields acknowledges that they were really not that bad... (or that is what i understood) and this ability to be able to reconsider your points of view is so rare in this day an age, so rare you don't even have any idea how grateful for me is to see a person being able to do it.

Like i said, i hope this community had more people like you.

150 58
  • 16 May
 Botas

@Kaiowa said:

@Zherot said:
You nerfed shields today even when good players told you that the only thing that needed a buff was the kick,...

Isn't that exactly what they did though? Buffed kicks' range against shields and fixed shield's hitboxes being bigger than the actual size of the shield. They're still a decent choice, just more balanced.

As for archery I believe the longbow damage is absolutely fine (recurve is another story), only problem with it is the stupid Call of Duty HP regeneration that allows players to hide for a few seconds and completely recover from a shot. Totally agree on slow projectile speed, no stun on hit and parrying arrows being bad decisions though, but I wouldn't expect that to change. They might increase the stupid speed but nothing beyond that. Weapons cost is well balanced too, if they decrease longbow cost by a single point that would enable archers to equip a tier 3 chest armor with Huntsman and meele weapon, no longer dying in one shot (unless headshot) but still killing you in one unless you use exactly the same build. That'd be boring.

They did but ONLY AFFECTS SHIELD USERS? not only that but now made shields pointless, you have to play with them like you were using a 2 handed weapon so what is the point of using a shield now?

150 58
  • 16 May
 Botas

@Fr_067Alph said:
I really don't care about the shields nerf. It wasn't rocket science to counter them (hugging, kicking, outspacing etc.) but now it seems the nerf was targeting the ones who would turtle. It only helps new player / players who have more trouble with the game. Shield still are a really good aid against archers and to avoid completely the concentration needed to read someone with their feints and morph. It's bascically a support item for people having trouble with 2 handers or wtv that feints a lot (though extreme feinters are easily punishable with their lack of stamina management and people need to learn that)

In short, if you can't counter a shield (whom 90% of users are brain dead) You really, unironically need to get good at the game.

The irony is the people that tell the shield users to git gud now are the ones that could not get good even though beating shield users wasn't even that difficult as some good players already pointed out, they were so bad that the developers had to come and nerf the shit out of shield so they can now think "they are good" because kicking now is an "i win button" vs any shield user.