Mordhau

I play with bows and sometimes with shields I paid for the game too

39 150

You can still hold it right? so it's different. This isn't the civil rights issue you seem to think it is.

Imbecile and idiot in the same post. Yet here you are crying, literally crying about a change in a video game, insulting people who disagree. You're hilarious. I'm at work right now and needed the laugh.

Oh, working is a thing that grown ups do to make money, just for your info. In a few years you'll know what it's like.

Knight 399 866
  • 16 May
 Alphonse

Oh yes, logic. It is highly logical that the forward kick of a 1,80 meter tall male has less reach than a 10 year old boy.

You can't combo kick into an attack and they didn't increase the stun duration, so you can bring your block up before some 2 handers connect.

150 58
  • 16 May
 Botas

@unabridgedpenis said:
You can still hold it right? so it's different. This isn't the civil rights issue you seem to think it is.

Imbecile and idiot in the same post. Yet here you are crying, literally crying about a change in a video game, insulting people who disagree. You're hilarious. I'm at work right now and needed the laugh.

Oh, working is a thing that grown ups do to make money, just for your info. In a few years you'll know what it's like.

Nice way to avoid how your argument got destroyed, now shield is entirely pointless.

150 58
  • 16 May
 Botas

@Alphonse said:
Oh yes, logic. It is highly logical that the forward kick of a 1,80 meter tall male has less reach than a 10 year old boy.

You can't combo kick into an attack and they didn't increase the stun duration, so you can bring your block up before some 2 handers connect.

You can't.

109 162
  • 16 May
 Speak

Botas your constant barrage of insults is unlikely to bring people to your side.

Also I'm pretty sure you can hold your shield up and use footwork to mess with the enemy's attempts to kick, still.

@unabridgedpenis said:
This isn't the civil rights issue you seem to think it is.

made me lol

32 14
  • 16 May
 As5Hat

@unabridgedpenis said:
I'm sure a tantrum is the way to win people to your cause. In any case, you're complaining because you can't hold your parry without paying attention to the attacks made against you. OH NO!!!!!!! WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO!!!!!!!!!??????? WHY AM I TRYING TO OUT SALT THE OCEAN!!!?????

It all comes down to 2 words. Git Gud.

yup. nerfing the shield made my day. now i can hunt them all down.

109 162
  • 16 May
 Speak

@As5Hat said:

A remark like that is just going to further convince Boat-ass that the devs have a vendetta against shields. The nerf to shield is meant to make it balanced, not garbage. Although I get that what you mean is that you can hunt down low-skill people who use shield as a crutch.

150 58
  • 16 May
 Botas

@Speak said:

@As5Hat said:

A remark like that is just going to further convince Boat-ass that the devs have a vendetta against shields. The nerf to shield is meant to make it balanced, not garbage. Although I get that what you mean is that you can hunt down low-skill people who use shield as a crutch.

They have agains ANYTHING that counters 2 handed weapons, the changes to kick only affect SHIELDS what other fucking evidence you want?

39 150

you wait til the devs realise the best defense against a 2 hander....is ANOTHER 2 HANDER!!!!!!!!! We'd go into some sort of nerf-paradox, boat-ass' head would explode.

1244 1281

Shields still provide defense against projectiles. They are not completely useless. If the nerfs went too far, it still is no problem, because it is unlikely that this was the last balance patch.
At least wait a bit and look how it turned out before you go berzerk in the forums.

38 66
  • 16 May
 Zeratul

OP doesnt seem to understand the difference between superior and inferior. Shields are easy at first, mastering two hand weapons is hard at first, but in the long run ultimately better. The game is designed this way. Get over it.

109 162
  • 16 May
 Speak

@Botas said:
They have agains ANYTHING that counters 2 handed weapons, the changes to kick only affect SHIELDS what other fucking evidence you want?

[Evil voice]
"Fathom this, you imbecile, "

It's theoretically possible that balance could be achieved by having Kick behave differently vs shield. If that solves the balance issues. There's no reason why that would necessarily result in an unbalance against shields. One mechanic does not define the entire balance.

You're kinda dumb!

Count 170 246

I’ve read most of your posts Botas, you sound like a big crybaby.

Just get better at the game, whinning about how unfair X or Y is won’t get you anywhere.

Duke 536 881
  • 16 May
 Goatie

In chiv people dedicated to shield got around kicks by not raising it and learning to read kicks lol. Here you have an option to counter kick which Is even better.

55 136
  • 16 May
 k0dlak

It's hilarious how ignorant some people are. Shields aren't useless, you're literally just trash at the game. It's a learn-to-play issue, now quit crying like an absolute degenerate and at least attempt to put some effort into improving from being the shit-tier player you currently are.

150 58
  • 16 May
 Botas

@Zeratul said:
OP doesnt seem to understand the difference between superior and inferior. Shields are easy at first, mastering two hand weapons is hard at first, but in the long run ultimately better. The game is designed this way. Get over it.

The game is falsely advertised then, no where in the steam page it said:

"This game is and will be balanced in favor of 2 handed weapons always, everything else is just a meme loadout and it is not the way to play this game"

I wouldn't have bought it.

101 169
  • 16 May
 Sektor

You nerfed shields today even when good players told you that the only thing that needed a buff was the kick,...

You also nerfed stab even when good players told you that it was easy enough to counter it with chambers....

There is archery too, which is terribly implemented on purpose, you can parry arrows, slow proyectile speed, no stun on hit, chase mechanic that shits on Archers and again benefits 2 handed users... Damage reduced through armor, high cost in bows being unable to equip anything, archery is just a shit show...

All of the above can be traced back to 2 handed users... All of it is for the sake of 2 handed to be the best loadout.

Look, your game is good, is amazing and it is fun but to be honest i highly dislike this situation and in no way i was informed that you were meant to be playing 2 handed only and that other loadouts were just for the memes or just secondary non optimal loadouts, i thought the game was about OPTIONS and variety.

If things gonna keep like this i would like yo ask for a refund, i respect that you can make the game as imbalanced towards 1 loadout as you want, but this is not what i paid for.

Baron 45 84
  • 16 May
 Tatornator

They're still viable, you whiny bitches are the reason today's games suck. Its no longer about skill, adaptation. Shields and archers are still viable. Someone is running at you while you're shooting? Don't be a shitter and beat him in melee combat too. Your poor shield can be kicked? Kick into the kick. Sorry you have poor reflexes and rely on crutches. We won't miss you if you leave. Hand fed babies

1244 1281

1h weapons are still faster than 2h weapons. They also cost less points and are far superior in confined spaces.
2h weapons are better in skirmishes and duels because there is no need for additional equipment. In my opinion throwing axes + messer are still more versatile than a greatsword. It's just worse in duels.
IMHO what hurts 1h weapons the most is the limit of weapon slots. A fourth slot wouldn't hurt.

That's just my opinion, but considering that probably almost nobody in this thread commonly dies because of being out of stamina, I don't think your lamenting is warranted.

178 188
  • 16 May
 Roag

You guys are tripping if you think shield is un-viable.

Played in 2 scrims (5v5) yesterday vs comp clans, they both used a shield and it was still a monumental pain in the ass to deal with and won them both a few rounds by simply making switching difficult. Our guys won 1v2's several times, but not once when it was vs th shield + one other.

The shield now is hopefully how it should be, a strong team support weapon rather than an impenetrable barrier that lingers around fights like a bad smell.

If you don't want to get stunned by kick then drop your shield when someone kicks? It's not rocket science.

Balance changes are, by their very nature, subject to change. Only time will tell if something is working as intended, and if not it can be changed next time around.

RE: Archers

Devs are rightly wary of making archer too powerul, if anyone here played much TO on Chiv you'd know why. Archer is in the game as a fun class that allows people to do something other than melee and help the team with assists, without being able to ez mode everyone from 100m away.