Mordhau

I play with bows and sometimes with shields I paid for the game too

44 55
  • 16 May
 Zherot

I have been noticing that in this game there is a clear bias towards 2 handed weapons users, everything seems to revolve around 2 handed being at the top which is stupid because you made other options in the game like bows or 1 handed weapons and shields and for what?

You nerfed shields today even when good players told you that the only thing that needed a buff was the kick,...

You also nerfed stab even when good players told you that it was easy enough to counter it with chambers....

There is archery too, which is terribly implemented on purpose, you can parry arrows, slow proyectile speed, no stun on hit, chase mechanic that shits on Archers and again benefits 2 handed users... Damage reduced through armor, high cost in bows being unable to equip anything, archery is just a shit show...

All of the above can be traced back to 2 handed users... All of it is for the sake of 2 handed to be the best loadout.

Look, your game is good, is amazing and it is fun but to be honest i highly dislike this situation and in no way i was informed that you were meant to be playing 2 handed only and that other loadouts were just for the memes or just secondary non optimal loadouts, i thought the game was about OPTIONS and variety.

If things gonna keep like this i would like yo ask for a refund, i respect that you can make the game as imbalanced towards 1 loadout as you want, but this is not what i paid for.

Knight 326 759
  • 16 May
 AngelEyes

@Zherot said:
You nerfed shields today even when good players told you that the only thing that needed a buff was the kick,...

Names please.

301 875
  • 16 May
 Naleaus

Stabs have needed a nerf or change for a long time. Alpha players (including me) will tell you this too. You had to chamber stabs before, because attempting to read them was not possible. Just because they're easy to chamber doesn't mean you should be forced to chamber them, it's just hiding the root problem.

Knight 326 759
  • 16 May
 AngelEyes

He said good player s thanks for contributing though Nal

150 58
  • 16 May
 Botas

@AngelEyes said:

@Zherot said:

Names please.

Here is one example:

150 58
  • 16 May
 Botas

Also if you watch Streams, people go 80+ kills on frontline NOT with stabs but with 2 handed weapons.

Knight 326 759
  • 16 May
 AngelEyes

Can you direct me in that video where he said shields were fine and kick sucks but use it anyway?

Klean made that sound way less than a pain in the ass than it is (was). No disrespect to him.

Triternion should never have even touched kick they should have just done the shield tweak and they should probably do it again, undocumented probably would be a good idea. Not so they suck but they can be fun in Mordhau.

Conscript 226 306

@Zherot said:
I have been noticing that in this game there is a clear bias towards 2 handed weapons users, everything seems to revolve around 2 handed being at the top which is stupid because you made other options in the game like bows or 1 handed weapons and shields and for what?

You also nerfed stab even when good players told you that it was easy enough to counter it with chambers....

There is archery too, which is terribly implemented on purpose, you can parry arrows, slow proyectile speed, no stun on hit, chase mechanic that shits on Archers and again benefits 2 handed users... Damage reduced through armor, high cost in bows being unable to equip anything, archery is just a shit show...

All of the above can be traced back to 2 handed users... All of it is for the sale of 2 handed to be the best loadout.

Look, your game is good, is amazing and it is fun but to be honest i highly dislike this situation and in no way i was informed that you were meant to be playing 2 handed only and that other loadouts were just for the memes or just secondary non optimal loadouts, i thought the game was about OPTIONS and variety.

If things gonna keep like this i would like yo así for a refund, i respect that you can make the game as imbalanced towards 1 loadout as you want, but this is not what i paid for.

They've done what they have with archery and shields because in the games that inspired this one they made combat unfun. Bows could not be defended against unless you had a shield, had high damage and flew fast, and on top of that good luck catching them because they'll just kite you and fill you with arrows. Shields have been notorious for making the pace of combat turn into a crawl, and while they were fixed to fit within Mordhau's quick pace, the blocking area they previously had made the only viable way of countering them to either jump overhead or try to stam them out, which doesn't work if they're wielding something fast like the rapier. You can still play with these effectively, very effectively in fact, just don't expect either of these to carry you like in other games of the genre.
And on your point about bows being expensive, only the longbow is (with good reason), the other two let you take them, a billhook and have T2 head and chest. Even trade the billhook for a bastard sword and the T2 chest or head for a T3.

109 164
  • 16 May
 Speak

Ehhh, I think bows are in a pretty good place. They can finish off armored people well, or maim/kill low-armor people. They're high skill so the average bow-user is probably not helping their team much, but I think a proper bow god can probably still be a big asset for their team? But faster arrows would be nice, long range shots are too implausible unless the target is standing still or moving in a perfectly straight line.

I hope shields get to a place where people don't hate them, because I like the concept of shields (being able to be a nice front-line tank at the cost of damage output, while not being horribly tedious to duel). I like having a nice range of alternative playstyles. I've been trying shield+spear after this update since shields and stabs both got nerfed and I like the concept of the build.

150 58
  • 16 May
 Botas

@KIWI said:

@Zherot said:

All of the above can be traced back to 2 handed users... All of it is for the sale of 2 handed to be the best loadout.

If things gonna keep like this i would like yo así for a refund, i respect that you can make the game as imbalanced towards 1 loadout as you want, but this is not what i paid for.

They've done what they have with archery and shields because in the games that inspired this one they made combat unfun. Bows could not be defended against unless you had a shield, had high damage and flew fast, and on top of that good luck catching them because they'll just kite you and fill you with arrows. Shields have been notorious for making the pace of combat turn into a crawl, and while they were fixed to fit within Mordhau's quick pace, the blocking area they previously had made the only viable way of countering them to either jump overhead or try to stam them out, which doesn't work if they're wielding something fast like the rapier. You can still play with these effectively, very effectively in fact, just don't expect either of these to carry you like in other games of the genre.
And on your point about bows being expensive, only the longbow is (with good reason), the other two let you take them, a billhook and have T2 head and chest. Even trade the billhook for a bastard sword and the T2 chest or head for a T3.

Then don't implement them in the game and don't make people believe that they can actually be succesful with them or that is a main feature of the game and just make the game around 2 handed weapons, problem solved, rithg now people like me feel really disappointed and like we were victims of false advertising.

150 58
  • 16 May
 Botas

@Speak said:
Ehhh, I think bows are in a pretty good place.

They are not

I hope shields get to a place where people don't hate them, because I like the concept of shields (being able to be a nice front-line tank at the cost of damage output, while not being horribly tedious to duel). I like having a nice range of alternative playstyles. I've been trying shield+spear after this update since shields and stabs both got nerfed and I like the concept of the build.

You want shields to be there but not to be unable to stop your 2 handed builds... it is just stupid, this is the attitud of this whole community, it is just pure hypocricy.

Knight 326 759
  • 16 May
 AngelEyes

@Botas said:

like we were victims of false advertising.

Here we go

150 58
  • 16 May
 Botas

@AngelEyes said:

@Botas said:

Here we go

Here we go what moron?, the game is advertised as a game were you can play a variety of playstyles no problem and it is NOT the case, the game is balanced in favor of 2 handed weapons and the other loadouts are just there for no reason, it is false advertising, i personally didn't paid to support a game in this state.

39 150

So what has the nerf to the shield done in your opinion that makes them unfair? Are they not viable now?

Knight 399 866
  • 16 May
 Alphonse

@Zherot said:
All of the above can be traced back to 2 handed users...

The way the nerf works is that it benefits 1 handed weapons as well.

Knight 326 759
  • 16 May
 AngelEyes

So you're complaining you have to move your hand 1/2 a cm to the left or right now

301 875
  • 16 May
 Naleaus

@Botas said:

@AngelEyes said:

@Botas said:

Here we go

Here we go what moron?, the game is advertised as a game were you can play a variety of playstyles no problem and it is NOT the case, the game is balanced in favor of 2 handed weapons and the other loadouts are just there for no reason, it is false advertising, i personally didn't paid to support a game in this state.

What is stopping you from topping the scoreboard with a sword and shield currently? Shield still works fine, you just can't be lazy and use it as a crutch anymore. Wait to hold your shield up till you need to, drop it if they kick, aim your blocks better instead of letting the forcefield do the work.

As for stab, do you understand what the stab change actually does? 25ms is not a big change and it's a global change, not specifically for 1handers. It's necessary due to the readability of stabs in general, and the over reliance of chambers to counter them.

150 58
  • 16 May
 Botas

@unabridgedpenis said:
So what has the nerf to the shield done in your opinion that makes them unfair? Are they not viable now?

There is no reason to have a shield now, it is completely useless, the moment you raise your shield you will be kicked and stunned and give the enemy a free hit WHAT IS THE FUCKING POINT NOW? IT MAKES YOU EMULATE A FUCKING PARRY WHY EVEN BRING A SHIELD IF YOU ARE GONNA BEHAVE LIKE YOU ARE PARRYING WITH A FUCKING 2 HANDER? WHY? ITS RETARDED BEYOND BELIEF.

39 150

I'm sure a tantrum is the way to win people to your cause. In any case, you're complaining because you can't hold your parry without paying attention to the attacks made against you. OH NO!!!!!!! WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO!!!!!!!!!??????? WHY AM I TRYING TO OUT SALT THE OCEAN!!!?????

It all comes down to 2 words. Git Gud.

150 58
  • 16 May
 Botas

@unabridgedpenis said:
I'm sure a tantrum is the way to win people to your cause. In any case, you're complaining because you can't hold your parry without paying attention to the attacks made against you. OH NO!!!!!!! WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO!!!!!!!!!??????? WHY AM I TRYING TO OUT SALT THE OCEAN!!!?????

It all comes down to 2 words. Git Gud.

No imbecile, its a bout LOGIC why people even bother to bring a shield now if i have to emulate the parry of a 2 handed weapon but with less damage.

Use your brain idiot.