Mordhau

Smoke disables chase mechanic now?!

451 233

I thought this was a pretty random thing to see in the patch.... was there some abuse going on with smoke nades? XD I just think this was a stupid thing to see in the patch notes. Also how does it work exactly? When the person you are chasing is in the smoke? When you are in the smoke?!

67 39
  • 15 May
 yvesgomes

To me it actually sounds like a buff to smoke.

451 233

@yvesgomes said:

Depends on how you use it. I smoke people, and then rush them with halberd swings XD For me it is a nerf :(

10 1

@yvesgomes said:

That's exactly what it is. You can now throw a smoke bomb down and anyone running after you in the cloud won't get the chase buff.

451 233

Doesn't change too much for me I guess, when I smoke people they run away anyway =/

88 133
  • 16 May
 Speak

A Redditor suggested it and a dev replied to the thread saying he liked the idea.

This addition made me try smokes out, and smokes are pretty fun if you use them creatively, although the chaos it adds to the battlefield can definitely hurt your own team. On some level I'm tempted to run 3 smoke grenades and just turn point-battles into confusing fog-fests.

This addition itself hopefully makes it so you can play in a more rogueish sneaky flanker way and have a decent bailout card up your sleeve to get back to your lines alive. Chop up some archers and then smoke and run.