Mordhau

Automatic spawning please (re?) enable it

56 33

Hi,

I even noticed a quickspawn = 0 setting in the ini, hoping it would be the 1000+ click saving option that I had assumed would just be normal in the game. Sadly, setting it to 1 did nothing, so here I am asking about it:

Please give me an option that lets me automatically respawn at the closest-to-the-frontline spawn in frontline mode. Given that there are only 5(?) usually, I don't think this will take elaborate coding to do. Apparently something like this halfway exists already if I did not guess that ini setting wrong.

It is insanely infuriating to have every death lead to a pointless "click to respawn / now click WHERE to respawn" x2 click, when I will bet all of my life's savings that the majority of people playing frontline just want to respawn again as quickly as possible once they die.

How this is not a normal, default game behavior is utterly baffling to me. So, please, enable / re-enable automatic spawning.

Thank you.

156 110
  • 15 May
 Deadmode

This is no different to games like Battlefield where you have an overview of the battlefield and choose a spawn point each time. It makes sense to have control over where you spawn in a free-flowing combat area.

@HalldeiMaul said:
It is insanely infuriating...

Is your time really that precious? Take a step back and realise that this is not worth busting blood vessels over.

@HalldeiMaul said:
I don't think this will take elaborate coding to do.

And you are basing this assumption on what, exactly? Do you have any coding or game development experience?

Seriously, this is not an important issue and certainly not worthy of the fuss you're making. Also, I would only put up a post asking to change it back because I like it how it is...

5 11

i agree with spawn choosing system often being redundant, i think the most intuitive addition to it would be to enable players access to it while they wait to respawn. that way you can also get a better tactical overview while you wait, or you can just select your preferred spawn and spawn as soon as the counter hits 0.

56 33
  • 15 May
 HalldeiMaul

@Deadmode said:
Is your time really that precious? Take a step back and realise that this is not worth busting blood vessels over.

Dude. I have never seen anyone being such a spiteful person just for the sake of being spiteful.
I regularly suffer from RSI - literally: repetitive strain injury.
It comes from what? Having to click the mouse too often. I liked Chiv & Mordhau for being able to almost exclusively get around this by playing just wheel.
Then this 2 click madness.

I am asking for a feature that removes regular 2 extra clicks by making them optional. Yes optional. And since it would be optional and not impact anyone or take anything away from people who want to waste clicks, there's now no more reason to spitespam against this, alright?
Okay, cool.

156 110
  • 15 May
 Deadmode

@HalldeiMaul said:

@Deadmode said:

Dude. I have never seen anyone being such a spiteful person just for the sake of being spiteful.
I regularly suffer from RSI - literally: repetitive strain injury.
It comes from what? Having to click the mouse too often. I liked Chiv & Mordhau for being able to almost exclusively get around this by playing just wheel.
Then this 2 click madness.

I am asking for a feature that removes regular 2 extra clicks by making them optional. Yes optional. And since it would be optional and not impact anyone or take anything away from people who want to waste clicks, there's now no more reason to spitespam against this, alright?
Okay, cool.

Ok. I was a dick. My apologies. I misread the tone of your post completely.

451 233

What, no? what If I want to change my merc or something.

37 24
  • 16 May
 Kuro1n

You spawn if you press enter as well, not sure if it helps but figured I'd put it out there nevertheless.

56 33

@Christian2222 said:
What, no? what If I want to change my merc or something.

You press the class change shortcut at any point in time and it puts you on that screen, regardless of whether you are spawning or ingame.
How else are you doing it now???

This would not be affected either way, but again I point out: I want an option to automatically respawn, not a forced must do it this way.
And it seems to already be halfway in.
The game is a joy to play (despite all the discussions we're having), so I really just wish to minimize both the wait time between deaths as well as my click count. Really the latter matters more to me, the less clickstrain the better.

56 33
  • 20 May
 HalldeiMaul

@Kuro1n said:
You spawn if you press enter as well, not sure if it helps but figured I'd put it out there nevertheless.

Tried this today, turns out you still need to press LMB the first time, then at spawn select you can use enter.
Would still much prefer to have the option of both times being automated and geting me back into the next possible spawn without my intervention.