Mordhau

do you hate shield users? then this thread is for you!

8 5

do you hate shield users?

do you think the shield should be rebalanced or removed?

do you wish you had the money to open up your own mordhau, shield-free server?

then welcome to the thread on how to counter shields!

here we will discuss how to deal with one of the strongest weapons ever made by humanity: the shield.

1)da kick.

kicking a guy while he is holding a shield up will take a little HP from him and it will also give you a free hit on him if you're fast. on the downside, if the shield user is backpedaling, you wont be able to hit him on front. some people dont know this, but there is another kick, called the full roundhouse kick, wich can 1 hit anybody in the game weather he is using a shield or not. the main problem with the full roundhouse kick, is that only chuck norris knows how to use it in game(really? a chuck norris joke coyote? .... yes).

2) the go-arround

so, the shield protects the front of the enemy, right? then just hit its back! i know what you're thinking, "man, i cant just go arround and hti his back", yes, i know, YOU cant, but what about your weapon? ;) if you got a 2 handed weapon, make sure to get some free hits by using this simple trick! https://youtu.be/hx_tr8Gt-Zg?t=500

3) the falcata

if you dont know what a falcata is, its the most awesome weapon ever made and something i would love to see in the game. some people says it dealt a blow powerful enough to break shields and pierce helmets. the falcata, on principle, its like the go-arround, but a little harder to execute, its also explained in the same video i already presented. https://youtu.be/hx_tr8Gt-Zg?t=400

last words

thanks Proxolol for such a great video,its really cool to see shields as free hits most of the time in frontline! have a good one everybody!

Knight 7759 14266
  • 15 May
 ToLazy4Name

whoa thanks for this amazing information that we totally didn't already know and your jokes are really funny man I laughed so hard I peed myself a little!!!1 xDd

3 1

@GreyCoyote said:
do you hate shield users?

do you think the shield should be rebalanced or removed?

do you wish you had the money to open up your own mordhau, shield-free server?

then welcome to the thread on how to counter shields!

here we will discuss how to deal with one of the strongest weapons ever made by humanity: the shield.

1)da kick.

kicking a guy while he is holding a shield up will take a little HP from him and it will also give you a free hit on him if you're fast. on the downside, if the shield user is backpedaling, you wont be able to hit him on front. some people dont know this, but there is another kick, called the full roundhouse kick, wich can 1 hit anybody in the game weather he is using a shield or not. the main problem with the full roundhouse kick, is that only chuck norris knows how to use it in game(really? a chuck norris joke coyote? .... yes).

2) the go-arround

so, the shield protects the front of the enemy, right? then just hit its back! i know what you're thinking, "man, i cant just go arround and hti his back", yes, i know, YOU cant, but what about your weapon? ;) if you got a 2 handed weapon, make sure to get some free hits by using this simple trick! https://youtu.be/hx_tr8Gt-Zg?t=500

3) the falcata

if you dont know what a falcata is, its the most awesome weapon ever made and something i would love to see in the game. some people says it dealt a blow powerful enough to break shields and pierce helmets. the falcata, on principle, its like the go-arround, but a little harder to execute, its also explained in the same video i already presented. https://youtu.be/hx_tr8Gt-Zg?t=400

last words

thanks Proxolol for such a great video,its really cool to see shields as free hits most of the time in frontline! have a good one everybody!

Good stuff.

8 5
  • 15 May
 GreyCoyote

@ToLazy4Name said:
whoa thanks for this amazing information that we totally didn't already know and your jokes are really funny man I laughed so hard I peed myself a little!!!1 xDd

umh, no, that was me

109 167
  • 15 May
 Speak

@GreyCoyote said:
2) the go-arround

That moment at 8:36 in the video where he claims that he's hitting around a shield by stabbing from the front and dragging (which shouldn't work, and which I hope doesn't really work, because obviously the blade should hit the block if you're in front of the player) is false, because by the time his stab actually hits the guy, he's dropped his guard (which you can see clearly if you watch frame by frame).

162 124

@Speak said:

@GreyCoyote said:
2) the go-arround

That moment at 8:36 in the video where he claims that he's hitting around a shield by stabbing from the front and dragging (which shouldn't work, and which I hope doesn't really work, because obviously the blade should hit the block if you're in front of the player) is false, because by the time his stab actually hits the guy, he's dropped his guard (which you can see clearly if you watch frame by frame).

It would hit if the shield player does not follow the tip, footwork is then needed to actually curve the stab path to make it consistently hit the sides were the shield is not blocking
( this video is showing a side stab not a backstab)

• there's also another method which is z stabs, which is drawing a z pattern with the stab to trick opponents in blocking at the opposite side making side stabs easier