Mordhau

New throwable: Javelin

90 78
  • 15 May
 SushiFish

javelin2.png

Before I go in-depth about this new throwable. I want to address that I am aware that a similar result to what I will be suggesting can be achieved through making a character build with 6x Short Spear and Huntsman. But I never believed or felt that the Short Spear filled the shoes for a proper throwable spear.

While the Javelin will be a powerhouse of a throwable. Its main purpose will be as an effective archer counter from short to medium range, with its ability to one shot archers to the chest if equipped with Huntsman (Short Spear doesn't fulfill this role as much as you'd believe)
Just like in Age of Empires 2, when you would run Skirmishers that served as a anti-archer unit with their Javelins and shields. Also a similar concept of a Javelineer being a soft-counter to archers can be found in both Age of Chivalry and Chivalry: Medieval Warfare since they also excel at close to medium ranged battle, with their ability to one-shot the archer whilst protecting themselves from incoming projectiles with their own shield.

Whether the Javelin should be strictly limited as a throwable only is something that would be worth discussing, but if there's going to be a melee part included, then I have already added that to a spreadsheet, and its damage is slightly weaker and shorter than the Short Spear, thus making it less effective in close combat, while making it stronger at ranged.

The Javelin will cost 5 points, and come with two Javelins per inventory slot. You could run 6x with a point investment of 15 if you are crazy enough.

The Javelin will also be able to restock ammo from ammo boxes spread around the map, where as the Short Spear cannot.

Please let me know what you think about this idea, and if any of the numbers presented in the picture shown seems too strong or weak. I think this'll be a nice addition to the game.

TL;DR
Weaker version of Short Spear that can be refilled by ammo boxes and deals more damage when thrown, especially versus archers when equipped with Huntsman Perk.

301 875
  • 15 May
 Naleaus

Not gonna read, javelin is already planned though.

90 78
  • 15 May
 SushiFish

That's nice to hear. Are there any information about it?