Mordhau

Change my mind: Eveningstar is not worth 8 points

523 566
  • 15 May
 Deadmode

@Radix said:

@ThunderDuck said:
Thread summary: OP got fucking dabbed on

This community is quickly becoming worse than rick and morty's, why is it that every time a bunch of people waste ridiculous amounts of time to master an irrelevant gaming skill some sort of elitist aura develops and anyone daring to question the mighty elite must succumb to ridicule.

You guys realise that this is a game and it wont get you a promotion at job?

Guys, back up! We've hurt @Radix's feelings!

If this game is not worth spending 'ridiculous amounts of time' with to learn and master, then why are you even getting so worked up about it?

Yes, it is just a game. It's a game that brings an old playerbase to a new title and allows them to continue playing their favourite combat into the next generation. This is the core community.

What's annoying to the 'mighty elite' is, like @Lord Petyr Baelish says, when new players believe that they are now the target demographic for the development now just because of the game's success and that they hold more weight in discussions because money.

If it wasn't for the developers being 'elite' themselves, and the support and input from the other 'elite' players who had a passion to see this game release, this project would not be the masterpiece it is.

For me, as a new player myself, am so glad that the game has been born out of pedigree and has such a strong core following.

2369 4810
  • 15 May
 Maci

@Marcus said:

@JasonBourne said:
lol eveningstar is the best weapon out there, insane damage and eats up stamina of your opponent. It was banned recently in the mordhua tournament.

https://mordhau.com/forum/topic/14267/closed-beta-tournament/

I hate having to ban anything intended for ingame use. And as such I used the polls to get player feed back what you want. So Halberd, Cleaver and Messer are back in. Just the Evening star will be the only weapon banned for this tournament. Next tournament we shall see it back in. I'm confident it will be a ready then.

So it's only good in duels? Good luck getting into a stam fight in frontline. Rare to have someone alone for the minute it takes to drain their stam.

It's also good in scrims, has some of the best drags and accels of any weapons.

529 278

All of the friggen duelers who have no idea what fighting in large groups or 1vx is like =/

Count 131 218
  • 17 May
 Pariah

@Christian2222 said:
All of the friggen duelers who have no idea what fighting in large groups or 1vx is like =/

Trust me, we do.
Private servers exist my dude, and if we're not on duels then we're scrimming, where the actual balance of a weapon is far more apparent.

44 31
  • 18 May
 'Lock

Evening star is one of the best weapons in this game for frontlines and duels, top 3 easily.

310 239
  • 27 May
 LoPan

I use 2/2/2 ES w second wind perk. Strictly because of the 50k skin.

I do fine. But I do fine w every weapon.

Count 57 64

Eveningstar is a great weapon, one of my favorites. If you know basic drags and excelerations it's a beast of a weapon, not to mention the one shot potential. It's like a slightly less damaging Maul but with better range and way better stabs, love it.

383 577
  • 27 May
 smug

How the fuck is evening star bad in frontline when its a maul with more range thats able to be comboed? Who the fuck cares about one shot kills? 1vX favors weapons with low TTK ability and that's exactly what the ES is.

Please don't tell me you guys are actually using the Maul over the ES.

Mercenary 1844 6967
  • 27 May
 ThunderDuck

@smug said:
How the fuck is evening star bad in frontline when its a maul with more range thats able to be comboed? Who the fuck cares about one shot kills? 1vX favors weapons with low TTK ability and that's exactly what the ES is.

We are because the Maul is the Maul

383 577
  • 27 May
 smug

@ThunderDuck said:

@smug said:

The maul doesn't have a cool 50k skin. All it has are bad reddit memes and Robert Baratheon larp potential.

Knight 7577 13875
  • 27 May
 ToLazy4Name

if you're smacking noobs who don't know how to parry or move their head, maul is better

otherwise eveningstar

Mercenary 1844 6967
  • 28 May
 ThunderDuck

@smug said:

@ThunderDuck said:

@smug said:

The maul doesn't have a cool 50k skin. All it has are bad reddit memes and Robert Baratheon larp potential.

Fuck I actually got owned

310 239
  • 28 May
 LoPan

@ThunderDuck said:

@smug said:

@ThunderDuck said:

@smug said:

Lol. I don’t believe it can be combo’d though. Stop on hit unless it’s the kill shot.

Knight 7577 13875
  • 28 May
 ToLazy4Name

@LoPan said:

@ThunderDuck said:

@smug said:

@ThunderDuck said:

@smug said:

Lol. I don’t believe it can be combo’d though. Stop on hit unless it’s the kill shot.

It can be combo'd. Swing in the air, and you can combo, or land a kill shot on someone and you can combo. The maul cannot combo under any circumstances.

Knight 99 263
  • 28 May
 GAYFISH

@ToLazy4Name said:

@LoPan said:

@ThunderDuck said:

@smug said:

@ThunderDuck said:

@smug said:

It can be combo'd. Swing in the air, and you can combo, or land a kill shot on someone and you can combo. The maul cannot combo under any circumstances.

Non combo weapons can combo off of clashes, I guess they need that or you'd always get hit on clashes.

Knight 7577 13875
  • 28 May
 ToLazy4Name

@GAYFISH said:

@ToLazy4Name said:

@LoPan said:

@ThunderDuck said:

@smug said:

@ThunderDuck said:

@smug said:

Non combo weapons can combo off of clashes, I guess they need that or you'd always get hit on clashes.

okay fish could you please let me fucking type things without hitting me with a fucking "actually" you fuck

Knight 99 263
  • 28 May
 GAYFISH

@ToLazy4Name said:

@GAYFISH said:

@ToLazy4Name said:

@LoPan said:

@ThunderDuck said:

@smug said:

@ThunderDuck said:

@smug said:

okay fish could you please let me fucking type things without hitting me with a fucking "actually" you fuck

Lol I guess I can't ackshually