Mordhau

Archers need an arrow speed buff

43 54
  • 14 May
 Zherot

Archers need a buff on proyectile speed, right now you need to be able to see
6 seconds ahead in the future to predict the position of a target in order to be able to land your arrows, it is really ridículous that even targets that are near feel like they are kilometers away because how slow the arrows travel, this is not realistic not does it is good gameplay.

Archers cant even oneshot armored people so this should not be a problem at all, on the other hand melee people can easily get to an Archer and one shot him.

If not then halve the cost of all ranged weapons so we can actually equip decent melee gear to alternante.

This is more ridiculous if we add that armored people can catch to light armored guys no problem with that OP chase mechanic.

Be honest devs... Archers are really nerfed right now, you don't need to over buff them but they need some help and that chase mechanic needs to be revised.

This is why you should not listen only to the "top" players they will make the game imbalanced towards their selfish interests.

1643 1266
  • 14 May
 Rergato

Quit being so entitled. You already have a crosshair. Hmph. Jackarch.

I’d like to play as my no helmet class without worrying about jackarches.

43 54
  • 14 May
 Zherot

@Rergato said:

You are the one acting entitled right now.

Knight 5911 10247
  • 14 May
 ToLazy4Name

faint roulette spam arrow speed too slow DOUBLE KO NOW

451 233

No, archers need to grow a set, is what they need XD.

I'm jk bro. I don't really hate archers as much anymore.... Good way to counter these passive fucks that just look at you and wait for an attack so they can parry/chamber everything, and never swing their sword first.

126 40

my freind plays a archer and hes mastered hitting people with arrows despite the speed being slow its called a skill for a reason

1643 1266
  • 14 May
 Rergato

@Zherot said:

@Rergato said:

You are the one acting entitled right now.

Shut your mouth, jackarch

5 9

I can rely on your comment. Also if a guy is facing you in a 1v1 and he is approaching, the arrow is so slow that he can just block it on reaction. also the dmg being sometimes dealt is pretty sad. i dont play the longbow because i am a hybrid. but playing the twice curved bow is very unsatisfying because as you said, you have to predict the players movement for like 2 seconds in the future. i adapted to that and it quite works now, but if you know you are getting shot at, its so easy to just unpredictably move around so you dont get hit.
All the people hating archers are literally from a backward mind. especially the archers give the game a feeling of a real battle where arrows are striking right next to your feet or into your shield and thats a very cool atmosphere.

1643 1266
  • 14 May
 Rergato

@DeusMartialis said:
I can rely on your comment. Also if a guy is facing you in a 1v1 and he is approaching, the arrow is so slow that he can just block it on reaction. also the dmg being sometimes dealt is pretty sad. i dont play the longbow because i am a hybrid. but playing the twice curved bow is very unsatisfying because as you said, you have to predict the players movement for like 2 seconds in the future. i adapted to that and it quite works now, but if you know you are getting shot at, its so easy to just unpredictably move around so you dont get hit.
All the people hating archers are literally from a backward mind. especially the archers give the game a feeling of a real battle where arrows are striking right next to your feet or into your shield and thats a very cool atmosphere.

There is nothing cool about the atmosphere when you have a crossbow monkey shooting bolts at you. Archers are fine.

The limitations make their style of play realistic because archers didn’t just single out a person to shoot, they launched arrows into groups of enemies. Volley firing.

Shooting at a single target isn’t suppose to be ideal, it’d be unfair.

5 9

i was not talking about crossbows.
And yes i understand your argument. but if that should be the case (archers just shooting in a group of people), then there should be a gamemode like siege where people have to get lumpy so you can just aim into that group and hit anyone. but thats not the case. also there are no real safe spots for archers as long as you want to be able to hit the enemies. they can approach literally from all directions and the team usually doesnt give a shit about their teammates or helping.

47 51
  • 14 May
 takemura

@Antoniokontos said:
my freind plays a archer and hes mastered hitting people with arrows despite the speed being slow its called a skill for a reason

No dude, he is skilled at a bad implemented mechanic, that is not a valid argument.

47 51
  • 14 May
 takemura

Archery is unfairly nerfed in this game no matter who tries to defend this they are just being selfish because they are AFRAID of having to actually beat good archers with good aim, they right now put so many hinders on an archer like that chase mechanic is just stupidly unfair.

1 11
  • 14 May
 Den

Assuming the "Projectile Speed" in each weapon's Advanced Stats is using the Unreal Engine's default scale of 1 Unit = 1 Centimeter, then it would mean that the listed projectile speeds for the Recurve Bow and the Longbow are relatively accurate to real world speeds under ideal conditions.
Recurve Bow's arrow is traveling at 7,450cm/second, or approximately 245~ feet per second.
Longbow traveling at 7,650 cm/sec, or just over 250 feet/sec.
Crossbow's 8,050 being about 265.

You say it is "not realistic" but you would be categorically, absolutely wrong. Recorded arrow speeds across modern and old bows of varying style and size as well as with different materials of arrows put most of them in the 150 to 250 feet/second range. Getting close to 300ft/sec is the physical upper limit for arrows and requires very specific conditions to do so.
The arrows are already traveling at their optimal speed - if you wanted realism, the Longbow with its heavier arrows should be be slower, closer to 200ft/sec, not 250.
Deal with the "reality" of how fast arrows actually move, because this is exactly how fast they would be traveling.

123 265

a successful archer is one who can use a sword when he needs to, and not run away to a safe distance

18 35
  • 14 May
 coo_snake

The bows in the game (as well as crossbow) feel very bad and weak. Arrow speed doesn't feel good for some reason (and the tracers are ugly) but I think it's mostly the sound and impact effets that feel very weak. Sounds like you're throwing darts with a toy bow.

40 16
  • 14 May
 Ethan

Nope. They dont

Knight 5911 10247
  • 14 May
 ToLazy4Name

Everyone complaining about archers being "underpowered" is either an arrow shooting rat themselves, or someone who doesn't realize the horrors we are being spared by archers being as "weak" as they currently are.

31 28
  • 14 May
 Saoirse

The longbow certainly needs it more than the recurve. If I use a bow, its generally with the recurve in close quarters just behind the frontline so speed doesn't seem to be an issue there.

But I can definitely see a problem for those sitting back a little further with longbows. Especially given how long the longbow takes to draw and steady, it seems it should have a much faster movement.

47 51
  • 14 May
 takemura

@Den said:
Assuming the "Projectile Speed" in each weapon's Advanced Stats is using the Unreal Engine's default scale of 1 Unit = 1 Centimeter, then it would mean that the listed projectile speeds for the Recurve Bow and the Longbow are relatively accurate to real world speeds under ideal conditions.
Recurve Bow's arrow is traveling at 7,450cm/second, or approximately 245~ feet per second.
Longbow traveling at 7,650 cm/sec, or just over 250 feet/sec.
Crossbow's 8,050 being about 265.

You say it is "not realistic" but you would be categorically, absolutely wrong. Recorded arrow speeds across modern and old bows of varying style and size as well as with different materials of arrows put most of them in the 150 to 250 feet/second range. Getting close to 300ft/sec is the physical upper limit for arrows and requires very specific conditions to do so.
The arrows are already traveling at their optimal speed - if you wanted realism, the Longbow with its heavier arrows should be be slower, closer to 200ft/sec, not 250.
Deal with the "reality" of how fast arrows actually move, because this is exactly how fast they would be traveling.

Arrow speed needs a buff period.

47 51
  • 14 May
 takemura

@SherbershLemel said:
a successful archer is one who can use a sword when he needs to, and not run away to a safe distance

Fuck off, really stop with this lame ass excuses, the long bow barely let's you use any weapons and besides a full melee build WILL have the advantages of close combat and they should but currently archers don't have an advantage on ranged.