Mordhau

Game reboots PC

9 0

I played for about 9 hours with no issues then all of a sudden it just suddenly reboots my PC, sometimes after a few minutes into a match, sometimes after 2,3 matches. I definitely meet the recommended requirements and I have checked PC temperatures and CPU/GPU usage and everything is fine, nice and cool. I've re-installed video drivers and also re-installed the game but no success. I currently play quite a few other games and I don't have this issue with any of them. I'm sure it's not on my side since I found a few others complaining about this.

Really hope this'll get fixed as I'd like to keep playing this awesome game.

1255 1284

This doesn't meet the bare minimum for a bug report.

I have no doubt the devs will be able to fix it since you have narrowed it down to any PC (maybe x86, maybe x64 architecture) with some OS and a GPU. Might be a dedicated or a on-board GPU for a desktop PC or laptop - probably a chip from AMD, nVidia or Intel. I also assume you have a power supply. It's also fair to say you have a monitor resolution. Piece of cake. I'd expect a hotfix tomorrow - maybe today if they work overtime.

53 96
  • 13 May
 Fusha

Sounds like your power supply is dying

9 0

I'm running an i5 6600k, GTX 1070, 16 GB Ram, Windows 10.

9 0

I really doubt it's my PSU since it's brand new and I'm playing other games as well for much longer periods of time and none of them cause it to reboot. It's only Mordhau and there seem to be a few other people with the same issue.

1255 1284

What other games? Are the other games computationally taxing as well?
If there seem to be a few other people, can you link those threads?
Help us to help you!

1255 1284

Similar issues were reported for other games as well. A complete system restart is more likely to be a hardware/driver problem than a software problem.
Can you try a hardware stress test?
It's a needle in a haystack unfortunately.

9 0

I used HeavyLoad and it's all good, my PC is fine. I played Rage 2 today for 3 hours straight and no issues. Loaded up Mordhau, played 5 minutes and rebooted my system again.
Anyway ... Maybe with future updates, this gets fixed somehow. If not then I guess I'm not playing Mordhau :)

6 0
  • 16 May
 NPBdeadmen

I’m having the same problem I can’t play longer then 10 min at most

Knight 399 866
  • 16 May
 Alphonse

Disable auto restart on BSOD, maybe it will give you more information or some error code:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03413399

9 1
  • 16 May
 Faris

I had the same problem with the same GPU. I underclock my GPU when I play Mordhau. It never crashed again:).MSI.PNG
(MSI afterburner)

6 0
  • 18 May
 NPBdeadmen

I was told it it could be GeForce

2 0
  • 19 May
 Fox.Nine

I have the same problem. Since 17th of may my computer reboots midgame after some minutes. The game worked more than 80 hours without any problems and other games are still working fine. I have a not overclocked RTX 2080ti. All temperatures are ok and the card drivers are reeinstalled. Even a driver downgrade was without any effect.

9 0

Update : I played the game yesterday and it only rebooted after about 2 hours while playing Frontline on Camp. I played over 3 hours today, went through a full map rotation and no reboot at all, all was fine. Then I wanted to do another quick match and 2 minutes in, boom, reboot. I don't know what's going on. In the meantime I have played a lot of the games I mentioned earlier like Insurgency Sandstorm, Rage 2, MK11, R6 Siege, Dirt Rally 2,0, no issues whatsoever.

9 1
  • 20 May
 Faris

Did you try my solution?

9 0

I tried the MSI Afterburner thing you suggested and it worked well for a while, for a couple of hours and performance was actually a bit better i think but then it still rebooted. :(

51 44

Wouldn't be surprised if people's computers are restarting due to high CPU temperature. I'm getting really high GPU/ CPU usage during gameplay even at lowest graphics, very high CPU temps as well. Although it never caused a restart, it did start to burn off the thermal paste on my CPU, and would've killed it if I had left it running much longer. I really wish the devs would say anything at all about this issue, I'm not going to play (and risk destroying my CPU) until this is fixed. Getting quite frustrated, patch # 6 introduced a slew of optimization issues and devs have been silent about any of it.

9 0

I personally have no issues with temperatures. I have monitored while playing and ran all kinds of tests on my PC, it's cool, it's chilly :). This is something else and it's frustrating 'cause I'm really enjoying the game when i can actually play it.