Mordhau

Stab button on the controller is unresponsive at times

12 2

The stab button on the controller (using default controls) outright doesn't respond often after the Attack key was pressed most of the time.

When first having this issue in training I had thought perhaps it had something to do with me exiting the menu, as it was often unresponsive then, but now i'm finding just whenever the strike key is pressed, about 40% of the time stab doesn't respond. I most readily noticed this when playing the lute, I could mash stab and it works, but Stab, Attack, Stab (R1, RT, R1) and often the second r1 doesn't do anything.

Once i noticed this I checked again with the frying pan and sure enough, stab randomly doesn't work after a swing.
Update:
So I figured out what's happening. Stab doesn't work after strike until you move the camera. I dunno if this was intentional or not. It feels ike "No" because you can move the camera the tiniest bit and it will work again, even if there's no change in angle.

3 0
  • 14 May
 wakimani

I'm having the same issue but I'm sure it was fine yesterday. Checked and double checked with other games and everything works fine

12 2

@wakimani said:
I'm having the same issue but I'm sure it was fine yesterday. Checked and double checked with other games and everything works fine

I actually noticed the issue in full with the lute yesterday. Prior to yesterday I had thought it had something to do with me using the mouse in the menu and it just not responding after mouse use, but playing with the lute more made me realize that wasn't the case.

3 0
  • 15 May
 wakimani

Any update on the matter? I'm still having this issue after #6 Patch of 15 May. Guess I'll go back to m&k for now. I hope somebody will find at least a reason for this.

210 196
  • 15 May
 recurf

Patch 6 did make stabs slower

12 2

Updating first post now.

12 2

And done. I now know what is happening.
It's that the stab isn't working after strike unless you move the camera.
This is after Patch #6 (and was before)