Mordhau

Exploit allows instant blocking

172 85
  • 15 May
 Mackintoke

ok fair enough. Maybe I'm thinking 'cause the attack swings in chivalry to me feel slower than they do in Mordhau, hence why to me it seems that proper positioning was more apparent in Chivalry, where as in Mordhau things I think move faster.

What do you think Commander Gutz, is it easier to parry in Mordhau than in Chivalry?

Knight 7711 14207
  • 15 May
 ToLazy4Name

No, not by a long shot.

172 85
  • 15 May
 Mackintoke

Alright then case closed.

@Pharmacist: I no longer feel yah. Git gud

Knight 161 227
  • 15 May
 Q

Nah I agree, parry has become easier than Chiv, especially in team-fights & 1vX (I think the parry box gets bigger during multiple incoming hits, or something). It wasn't always the case though. Parry used to be easier in Chiv. However in Mordhau, parry was recently reworked, & considerably improved. Before that it was quite stingy on parry box size, but too generous with parry duration.

172 85
  • 15 May
 Mackintoke

ah HA! I knew something was up. This ToLazy4Name guy is hit or miss, sometimes he's cool other times he's a twat.

162 124

Would favor a reduce parry hitbox, would make the angles actually matter a lot.

Knight 7711 14207
  • 15 May
 ToLazy4Name

@Q said:
Nah I agree, parry has become easier than Chiv, especially in team-fights & 1vX (I think the parry box gets bigger during multiple incoming hits, or something). It wasn't always the case though.

citation fucking needed, and even if that's true it still isn't possibly bigger than Chiv's on top of being a shorter duration

Baron 47 89
  • 15 May
 Tatornator

lol gotta love 20hr suggestions

Knight 934 941
  • 15 May
 afiNity

pls remove blocks they op

Knight 161 227
  • 15 May
 Q

@ToLazy4Name said:

@Q said:
Nah I agree, parry has become easier than Chiv, especially in team-fights & 1vX (I think the parry box gets bigger during multiple incoming hits, or something). It wasn't always the case though.

citation fucking needed, and even if that's true it still isn't possibly bigger than Chiv's on top of being a shorter duration

I don't know all of the exact numbers for both games, but here is the changelog (#17) thread for the parry rework: https://mordhau.com/forum/topic/10158/changelog-thread/?page=3#c55 . Also check out some of the other changelogs for parry in that time period.

I also mentioned the issue in this thread (back in May 2018, before the rework): https://mordhau.com/forum/topic/13068/current-state-of-combat/

172 85

@Q Good 'ole ominpotent Q. Tell that citation fucking needer Gutz to chill out. Give him his arm and eye back, that'll do the trick.

Knight 99 263
  • 19 May
 GAYFISH

@Q said:

@ToLazy4Name said:

@Q said:

I don't know all of the exact numbers for both games, but here is the changelog (#17) thread for the parry rework: https://mordhau.com/forum/topic/10158/changelog-thread/?page=3#c55 . Also check out some of the other changelogs for parry in that time period.

I also mentioned the issue in this thread (back in May 2018, before the rework): https://mordhau.com/forum/topic/13068/current-state-of-combat/

These changes only affect double parries, something exclusively used in team fighting.
Not regular parries

Knight 161 227
  • 19 May
 Q

Yes, the middle two citations only affect double parries. I mentioned that in my OP, when I said 'I think the parry box gets bigger during multiple incoming hits, or something'. However the parry rework (first citation) changed the way parries were detected in general.

• Parry detection reworked - now uses a box instead of angles. Parry now has more forward range, making it easier to force parries. Parry now covers legs unless character looks up, making it easier to parry foot drags. Hitting around and above this parry box should be a lot more consistent than before. Chambers also use this new detection. ( https://mordhau.com/forum/topic/10158/changelog-thread/?page=3#c55 )
399 593
  • 19 May
 smug

@Pharmacist said:
I understand the feint to parry mechanic, but not the being able to block before the initial swing animation even completes. It looks like one of those "oops I made a blatant punishable error but I get a free block lul" It needs to be delayed until the first swing and grunt atleast completes. If you cant swing within the dodge range of an opponent that's your bad.

The game isn't primarily a duel game and without feint to parry 1vX would literally be impossible not to mention clunky as fuck to play.

It would also lead to some cancerous playstyles which you lack the foresight to acknowledge. I play fighting games and understand whiff punishing but it works differently in Mordhau where you can whiff punish an active stab by matrixing and other situations. If you can't whiff punish in the timeframe where they cant FtP you are playing incorrectly by the logic of Mordhau.

9 2
  • 29 May
 Pharmacist

Well, I've played 175 hours now, and I still dont like the "combo feint to parry" mechanic. I strictly do duels so, yea I don't know the implications in team fights and frontlines, but I can only assume - why would you combo in fl or a team fight when it is a circumstance where it is legitimately unsafe to do so. The sole reason it is used that I have seen is to be unpunishable for whiffs. To strictly attack wildly and blender around because you always have the instant block on call. It just feels cheap. And honestly, you don't even have to feint. You just parry near the end of the combo'd attack and u get to block well before the first attacks animation has completed. To me it looks blatantly obvious that the parry window needs to be extended a bit more so that the first attack can even finish, because as it stands, perma combo in duels, perma combo in team fights, and perma combo in front lines so that you can parry before your first attack animation completes to keep you safe from a recent bad decision. Duno, don't like it, dont see why it is a necessary feature. The only time I ever see it used is god mode against whiffs, I watch plenty of streams with frontlines and the recent tournaments and I don't see many combos being used in the team battles. Someone enlighten me as to why this is absolutely necessary and why its pro's outweigh the cons of its exploitation.