Mordhau

Maul Not Stopping

Mercenary 51 50
  • 12 May
 Uktuli

How are people getting double kills with a maul? Another player and I were facing a maul. He swung and killed us both with one shot. I thought the maul was supposed to stop on hit.

This is the second maul glitch I've run into in the last couple of days.

2 3

From the guide on Steam:

Blunt weapons usually deal the most damage to armored opponents, but can only hit one person at a time due to hitstop. (this does not apply if you kill the opponent, where your swing continues fully through release.)

Mercenary 51 50
  • 13 May
 Uktuli

@PompousClown said:
From the guide on Steam:

Blunt weapons usually deal the most damage to armored opponents, but can only hit one person at a time due to hitstop. (this does not apply if you kill the opponent, where your swing continues fully through release.)

Hmm, thanks. Seems kind of silly for hitstop not to apply to a weapon that can 1 shot anyone. No wonder so many people are using the maul in Frontline.

30 55
  • 13 May
 Mojique

@Uktuli said:

@PompousClown said:
From the guide on Steam:

Hmm, thanks. Seems kind of silly for hitstop not to apply to a weapon that can 1 shot anyone. No wonder so many people are using the maul in Frontline.

Hitstop does apply to the Maul, just not on lethal attacks. It takes a lot of practice to get a Maul headshot or a lot of special circumstance for a maul to cleave, but if you were using it you'd be begging for it to be as it is now. At least, Jax would be. In the future, be careful around those things. The trick is to not let them swing.

Mercenary 51 50
  • 13 May
 Uktuli

Hitstop does apply to the Maul, just not on lethal attacks. It takes a lot of practice to get a Maul headshot or a lot of special circumstance for a maul to cleave, but if you were using it you'd be begging for it to be as it is now. At least, Jax would be. In the future, be careful around those things. The trick is to not let them swing.

Yeah, I meant the exception being that it doesn't apply if you kill your opponent seems silly on a weapon that can 1 shot anyone. And yeah, mauls are generally not a problem 1v1, but they're ridiculous in the chaos of Frontline.

Count 791 3023

If you ram a door with your shoulder over and over is it silly to continue forward into the room when the door is broken open?

No. It isn't.

View hitstop kills in this context. A pseudo physics based "reward" to compensate for a lack of comboing.

172 85
  • 13 May
 Mackintoke

@Uktuli said:
a weapon that can 1 shot anyone.

Only if you land a perfect head shot does it one kill everyone. It two shots guys wearing heavy armor.