Mordhau

How to remove Fisheye using Panini Projection

Knight 3 21
  • 12 May
 Senescent

Maxing your FOV in Mordhau results in a fisheye effect that distorts the edges of your screen. This can be removed using Panini Projection.

Before
Before.jpg

After
After.jpg

As you can see, Panini Projection greatly removes the fisheye effect without sacrificing horizontal FOV.

To enable this you'll need to enter two in-game console commands. These are r.upscale.panini.d and r.upscale.panini.s and I encourage you to experiment with different values. The two values below are the best I've found so far.

r.upscale.panini.d 0.1
r.upscale.panini.s 0.025

Unfortunately, Mordhau reverts these changes each time you launch your game. Luckily your recent console commands are saved so you can open the console and use your arrow keys to quickly reenter them when needed. There may be an .ini file that we can modify to get these changes to stick but I haven't found it so far.

Let me know if you find better values!

Knight 7667 14070
  • 12 May
 ToLazy4Name

I can't even tell there's a fisheye effect because I played on a significantly higher FOV in Chivalry.

5 0
  • 13 May
 몽키

perfect!

Knight 1383 3152

no
literally never

the panini projection is a cool trick

but it has a HUGE flaw.

Look at the floor.

It swaps distortion at angles for distortion up close.

Something that would be a large detriment in mordhau where pretty much all of your combat happens up close.

9 3
  • 13 May
 Goatius

looks like a downgrade to me

Count 171 246
9 2
  • 20 May
 Pharmacist

yea its no good, tried it on my 21:9 panel and one of the commands literally just lowers fov, the other warps the floor near you.