Mordhau

Feedback on minor UI and gameplay issues

Conscript 152 276
  • 12 May '19
 Kaiowa

Just felt like giving my feedback on some minor issues, the game is doing really good I'm only trying to make some constructive criticism, feel free to discuss or ignore:

1 - Getting disconnected or crashing during a match will not award any amount of gold and experience, even if you reconnect asap all your progress in that match will be erased. Happens quite frequently to those who don't own top-tier PCs or a stable ISP provider, and sometimes it's even the server's fault (my case here in South America). You should be awarded a cut of the total exp and gold in the end based on how long you were on the match, regardless of disconnecting.
2 - I've suggested loadout subgroups in the past (https://mordhau.com/forum/topic/10863/) to address the massive amount of characters most people have, and I still feel like we really need it, given the hundreds of customization possibilites. I currently have to waste a few seconds scrolling during a match to get to the character I want, would be much easier if we could just organize them in groups.
3 - Why can we spectate the enemy team while waiting for respawn? Spectating should be locked to our team only imo.
4 - Winning fast in Frontline = few exp and gold. Either losing or winning a long match is more rewarding than having the competence to win fast. This feels wrong and could lead to people intentionally stalling the match to grind more gold.
5 - Bear trap killing players who wear light armor in legs. That's a bit gamebreaking for archers, who will always die. The trap should be an annoyance, not a killer imo.
6 - Building system needs some tweaks. Even if you're using the Wrecker perk a single enemy can rebuild faster than you can destroy stuff; they can just block an entrance indefinitely if you're alone, or even if you're in a group that has weak weapons only. You can also exploit the building mechanics by placing barricades in front of stairs to prevent enemies from climbing, and unless the enemy has a one-handed weapon he cannot destroy it. And again, even if he does you can just rebuild it faster than him. It would be more interesting if repairing required resources (collected in chests).

527 573
  • 12 May '19
 Deadmode

Agree with all points except:

@Kaiowa said:
5 - Bear trap killing players who wear light armor in legs. That's a bit gamebreaking for archers, who will always die. The trap should be an annoyance, not a killer imo.

These things would sever legs or render them quite thoroughly mangled. Without decent armour, you would be dead meat. People should look where they are going. Don't forget that catching and killing people unawares is the point of them. If archers are dying to stationary bear traps, it's their own damn fault.

If people need to walk over them for pathing reasons, disarm them first, obviously.

Conscript 152 276
  • 13 May '19
 Kaiowa

@Deadmode said:
These things would sever legs or render them quite thoroughly mangled. Without decent armour, you would be dead meat. People should look where they are going. Don't forget that catching and killing people unawares is the point of them. If archers are dying to stationary bear traps, it's their own damn fault.

If people need to walk over them for pathing reasons, disarm them first, obviously.

Yeah maybe I just need to get used to it, it sure feels bad not being able to survive it as an archer though =/

One more thing I forgot to mention:
Server filters keep resetting for no reason. My matchmaking keeps going back to Worldwide and the filters in the server browser always revert to 100ms, Frontline game mode only and all boxes checked (not full, has players, no password) whenever I restart the game.

11 6
  • 13 May '19
 Elgcahlxukuth

6 - Building system needs some tweaks. Even if you're using the Wrecker perk a single enemy can rebuild faster than you can destroy stuff; they can just block an entrance indefinitely if you're alone, or even if you're in a group that has weak weapons only. You can also exploit the building mechanics by placing barricades in front of stairs to prevent enemies from climbing, and unless the enemy has a one-handed weapon he cannot destroy it. And again, even if he does you can just rebuild it faster than him.

I couldn't fix a barricade faster than a guy with from opposing team was destroing it, until I got a blacksmith perk plus an appropriate hammer, which is 4 points in total. The toolbox to make barricades is 8 points. There is not much points left, so if someone decides to play such a ladout - it must be worth it.

Blocking the key places on the map is the whole point of using barricades, so I would not describe it as "exploiting".

The maps are well designed: there are multiple routes between bases, and I haven't ever seen a situation when one team would not be able to access other team's base (one way or another) due to barricades. It gives fun to builders and makes the game more interesting without breaking it, imo.

To summarize: I'm against nerfing the abilities provided by building.

It would be more interesting if repairing required resources (collected in chests).

That's an interesting idea.