Mordhau

More Gore Needed - Characters Cut in Two From The Waist

120 120

Ever since I started out with the game and saw someone getting brutally swung into literal bits I have been mildly disappointed to have seen it always be a leg or an arm or even both and never the whole man.

Could we please get an animation where a heavy killing waistline swing could cut someone in two?

1287 3791

bring back arrows cutting people in half!

120 120

@TombstoneJack said:
bring back arrows cutting people in half!

That used to be a thing?

1287 3791

sure was would cut you in half at the waist

120 120

Damn.
That must have been fun...
Although now I would like it to be restricted on greater swords and axes :)

I remember Blade of Darkness, which was among first games ever where you could dismember people with swords and if I remember also cut them in halves. The gore element was one of the most rewarding aspects of the game.

Gore and hit sounds is one of the most intoxicating elements of Mordhau as well.

Hence with the existing gore, not being able to cut someone in half is indeed a bit disappointing.

529 278

I like it better when they go flying into a wall or something. I'm actually not all that into dismemberment (Yeah, I know, I don't deserve conan avatar.)

120 120

@Christian2222 said:
I like it better when they go flying into a wall or something. I'm actually not all that into dismemberment (Yeah, I know, I don't deserve conan avatar.)

You most certainly don't hahaha. But yes indeed I really love those funny ragdolls...

Just yesterday I just turned around around at Stables on Grad and had a random archer tumble down the roof while spinning on the way down smashing to the ground just in front of me - Needless to say I was laughing my ass off IRL

Throwing short spear to dismount a rider just before they reach you is also one of my favorites!

942 291

we need more things like

Slcing people in half (as said above)
Disemboweling
more head destruction options
more meaty wounds (with possible squirts)
bleed effects

Count 1452 3388
  • 14 May
 Smokingbobs

At the start of the tutorial you get to chop up some stick. These precise directional cuts would be great to have on the player model as well. It would add near infinite points of dismemberment and let you scalp your enemies with an axe, if you're so inclined.

It's probably not feasible, but it would be beyond amazing to see this in Mordhau.

Right now I would like to see stabs become more impactful. Right now it's not nearly as satisfying to stab someone than it is to slash.

942 291

I would love to see a Option to have infinite Corpses and unlimited time for them to stay added so I can enjoy the glory of the battlefield

120 120

@Antoniokontos said:
we need more things like

Slcing people in half (as said above)
Disemboweling
more head destruction options
more meaty wounds (with possible squirts)
bleed effects

proxy.duckduckgo.com.png

120 120

@Antoniokontos said:
I would love to see a Option to have infinite Corpses and unlimited time for them to stay added so I can enjoy the glory of the battlefield

Yes, along with that just an option of how much graphical detail the bodies would retain and maybe to help performance some max dead body count till they start despawning in order for players to find their own sweet spot of bodies vs. frames

120 120

@Smokingbobs said:
At the start of the tutorial you get to chop up some stick. These precise directional cuts would be great to have on the player model as well. It would add near infinite points of dismemberment and let you scalp your enemies with an axe, if you're so inclined.

It's probably not feasible, but it would be beyond amazing to see this in Mordhau.

Right now I would like to see stabs become more impactful. Right now it's not nearly as satisfying to stab someone than it is to slash.

Yes, yes... Hopefully these will be done via mods soon enough!

I can't imagine them being all that intensive other than a lot of work to create a system of having the right texture added as well as all those different textures... One programmer and an artist could pull this off.

942 291

@FlyingTesticle said:

@Antoniokontos said:

Yes, along with that just an option of how much graphical detail the bodies would retain and maybe to help performance some max dead body count till they start despawning in order for players to find their own sweet spot of bodies vs. frames

its client side so i mean if i want to slow myself down to enjoy the carnage itll affect me only lol

120 120

@Antoniokontos said:

@FlyingTesticle said:

@Antoniokontos said:

its client side so i mean if i want to slow myself down to enjoy the carnage itll affect me only lol

Yes, of course! I was merely pointing out it would be great to still be able to fine tune despawn if needed...
... I think best would let us choose the rate of despawn from what it is to infinity

942 291

@FlyingTesticle said:

@Antoniokontos said:

@FlyingTesticle said:

@Antoniokontos said:

Yes, of course! I was merely pointing out it would be great to still be able to fine tune despawn if needed...
... I think best would let us choose the rate of despawn from what it is to infinity

now that i agree with me id go for full piles personaly lol

120 120

@Antoniokontos said:

@FlyingTesticle said:

@Antoniokontos said:

@FlyingTesticle said:

@Antoniokontos said:

now that i agree with me id go for full piles personaly lol

I would go for that too obviously!

The real reason why I was saying there should be a despawn timer is that I once ran a local server an put 400 bots into it of which almost all of the extra ones just stood still.... The frames, though, dropped really much. This might be that there was still AI present even they did not move which would explain the drop, but that could as easily be just too many complex models (characters are most complex objects) - And given how many dead bodies one match generates it is very likely that in the end it would end up being very low frame porridge gameplay. Even as glorious as it would be, it probably would not sustain the initial novelty without ability to optimize them disappearing vs. staying on the field.

That's the thing, other than that I would absolutely love for all of it stay...
There should be even them piling up so you'd actually have to walk on them