Mordhau

I fight in steel for real. Here's my take on where the game is at.

Knight 614 1111
  • 13 May
 Uncy

@WaterFowl said:
I completely agree with OP's take on armor. Bladed weapons should not be able to 2 or even 3 hit a guy in full heavy armor. That shit needs to completely nullify slashes. Perhaps it should cost a lot more supply points.

imo the armor system is currently awful.

When will you learn that mordhau was never meant to be a realistic HEMA-like game? it's all for balance sake

777 1029

Why wasn't there a male character in perfect dark? I mean what if i was a man and wanted to play a male character? Who cares if that's retarded? Inclusion for inclusion's sake is

777 1029

@smellycathawk said:
Why wasn't there a male character in perfect dark? I mean what if i was a man and wanted to play a male character? Who cares if that's retarded? Inclusion for inclusion's sake is

Inclusive :)

Who cares if it's retarded?

1337 1390

@smellycathawk said:

@smellycathawk said:

Inclusive :)

Who cares if it's retarded?

Stop arguing with yourself. If you get to know yourself better, you wouldn't argue anymore. You have so much in common.

Knight 5096 6834

@Soulcatcher said:
this thread makes me angry

Wow like ¿this angry?
Uglygoose.jpg

Knight 7573 13872
  • 13 May
 ToLazy4Name

A goose attacked one of my coworkers the other day and he almost drew his weapon on it lmao

1058 1696

Being totally serious here, I would love to see midgets in the game.

62 153

@Lionheart Chevalier said:

Finally, a perk worth taking.

120 120

@Beautiful Brexit Boy said:

@Lionheart Chevalier said:

Finally, a perk worth taking.

Y E S !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12 23
  • 13 May
 Balerion

@Thorun said:
Hey all - Actually? I'd like to apologize. I still stand by the majority of the statements, but the tone WAS wrong. Unfortunately, I had soaked up what the community was putting down - I came here looking for information on whether women were going to be included in the game, and was basically greeted with a tirade a toxic hatred. Relatively unpunished, at that.

Thing is, I didn't want to replicate it, it just got under my skin. Kind of hard to feel good about the community after that, you know? And with that said, I'm also not going to pretend like this is just me. I've seen some of these posters in other threads, and the hypocrisy of being indignant over my approach is palpable.

Either way, I've realized neither me nor any of you are going to be able to enjoy talking to each other right now. And those of you that are fine don't really need to see me be frustrated with the broader community, or have that frustration vented on you, instead of me simply stating preferences. To that subsection, no addendum, just sorry.

Likewise, I also realized I don't care to argue with folks who haven't actually experienced steel combat, who insist that if a game played the same way, it wouldn't be fun. That it would have to be radically different. There's a level of arrogance there that precludes having a constructive conversation.

Do whatever with this thread - I fucked it up from the get-go.

I was totally and completely prepared for you to go on a defensive tirade to some rather honest if albeit brutal responses. The thing is we can all coexist here without ego, but respect comes a long way, and sadly there are those that don’t give two shits about it. First and foremost, I commend you for being humble enough to realize you’re approach was wrong and having the dignity to respond in earnest with an apology.

Now to your points, I don’t disagree that what you’re asking for could not be fun in Mordhau. I like realism. I do play ArmA. And I think as long as realism is there to immerse you in the setting and doesn’t negate the fun, then there is nothing wrong with it. But it is very niche. I think Mordhau aims to be the next spiritual successor to Sword Slashers, an evolution of all the great ideas brought forth from all the games before it, for the online combat arena. I see it as a Battlefield type game over an ArmA type game and I don’t think the devs will ever stray from that vision.

I will say that I would love to see some sort of bash or grapple mechanic... it’d be nice to see a shield bash or a way to use your shield as a weapon as much as a defense mechanism because... well they were. Which I think kind of coincides a bit with what you would like out of the spear.

Either way. Stick around. Don’t succumb to asshattery and try not to let other asshats get to you either. There is a great community here behind the occasional outcry of asswipes.

120 120

@Balerion said:

@Thorun said:
Hey all - Actually? I'd like to apologize. I still stand by the majority of the statements, but the tone WAS wrong. Unfortunately, I had soaked up what the community was putting down - I came here looking for information on whether women were going to be included in the game, and was basically greeted with a tirade a toxic hatred. Relatively unpunished, at that.

Thing is, I didn't want to replicate it, it just got under my skin. Kind of hard to feel good about the community after that, you know? And with that said, I'm also not going to pretend like this is just me. I've seen some of these posters in other threads, and the hypocrisy of being indignant over my approach is palpable.

Either way, I've realized neither me nor any of you are going to be able to enjoy talking to each other right now. And those of you that are fine don't really need to see me be frustrated with the broader community, or have that frustration vented on you, instead of me simply stating preferences. To that subsection, no addendum, just sorry.

Likewise, I also realized I don't care to argue with folks who haven't actually experienced steel combat, who insist that if a game played the same way, it wouldn't be fun. That it would have to be radically different. There's a level of arrogance there that precludes having a constructive conversation.

Do whatever with this thread - I fucked it up from the get-go.

I was totally and completely prepared for you to go on a defensive tirade to some rather honest if albeit brutal responses. The thing is we can all coexist here without ego, but respect comes a long way, and sadly there are those that don’t give two shits about it. First and foremost, I commend you for being humble enough to realize you’re approach was wrong and having the dignity to respond in earnest with an apology.

Now to your points, I don’t disagree that what you’re asking for could not be fun in Mordhau. I like realism. I do play ArmA. And I think as long as realism is there to immerse you in the setting and doesn’t negate the fun, then there is nothing wrong with it. But it is very niche. I think Mordhau aims to be the next spiritual successor to Sword Slashers, an evolution of all the great ideas brought forth from all the games before it, for the online combat arena. I see it as a Battlefield type game over an ArmA type game and I don’t think the devs will ever stray from that vision.

I will say that I would love to see some sort of bash or grapple mechanic... it’d be nice to see a shield bash or a way to use your shield as a weapon as much as a defense mechanism because... well they were. Which I think kind of coincides a bit with what you would like out of the spear.

Either way. Stick around. Don’t succumb to asshattery and try not to let other asshats get to you either. There is a great community here behind the occasional outcry of asswipes.

You can never please all people, especially online.

I found the original post very interesting when it comes to the details of it.

As a fan of simulations rather than arcade entertainment, which is unfortunately rare in games because of this false idea of it always being "too niche", I too would love to see a much more realistic Medieval combat game.

Like the reply above I encourage you to stay and wait for a while for modders to get a hold of the dev tools.

I am almost certain someone will start modding everything towards more realism as their main vision and you'd might indeed have a say in there among with others who this rare kind of experience and knowledge.

It is generally true that gamers overall are attention deficit, trigger happy bunch and prefer their games more simple, fun etc. and are very fast to get triggered and go full troll upon rather slight provocation. Don't let this deter you and have patience. From realizing the errors in your approach "you have my respect" /knightvoice

172 85

Dayum, the title of this thread is fucken cringy now t hat I think about. I fight in steel for real? You fight in steel? Its WITH steel yah fucken twat. xD xD

But back to being serious, her armor suggestions were pretty good IMO. That would be epic cool, there's no way some little punk who's not even wearing shoes armed with a dagger could take on my super heavy armored knight.

6 2
  • 14 May
 Faith

"I do this for real, and I'm better than you."

Was going to comment on your post but that last line... "Bad tingz"....

I will say speed up the sword fighting 100% ... this is what make the game feel clunky and horrible.

91 104
  • 14 May
 takemura

@Mackintoke said:
Dayum, the title of this thread is fucken cringy now t hat I think about. I fight in steel for real? You fight in steel? Its WITH steel yah fucken twat. xD xD

HAHAHAHA

9 1

Where can I buy a full suit of armor that's complacent for IRL tournaments & weaponary and where do I sign up?

91 104
  • 14 May
 takemura

@Konglejonni5 said:
Where can I buy a full suit of armor that's complacent for IRL tournaments & weaponary and where do I sign up?

Nowhere, maybe in the same mental institution where TC is interned.

9 1

@takemura said:

@Konglejonni5 said:

Nowhere, maybe in the same mental institution where TC is interned.

LOL, I almost bought one at one point but the fucker had sold like two of the parts and it was a 6 month waiting period to restock those parts + would have to source it from multiple websites. Fuck that. >_<*

14 2
  • 14 May
 RUN-020-01

Hi i am an HMB Fighter in Slovakia so i know how armor works because i fight in it for real... But think again you want this "realistic type of gameplay" in mordhau? Mate there will never be a game Like that i assure you because it would not be fun anymore. You want realism so do you think that every soldier could afford a plate armor or what? Do you want to get 1 shoted by an archer because of a shot in a leg? Do you want to play against maces that will cripple you and absolutely destroy you? I learned that in games you cant search for too. Much realism then it would not be a freakin videogame. Just think about it and also Like someone said lower your ego a little bit thanks.

9 1

@RUN-020-01 said:
Hi i am an HMB Fighter in Slovakia so i know how armor works because i fight in it for real... But think again you want this "realistic type of gameplay" in mordhau? Mate there will never be a game Like that i assure you because it would not be fun anymore. You want realism so do you think that every soldier could afford a plate armor or what? Do you want to get 1 shoted by an archer because of a shot in a leg? Do you want to play against maces that will cripple you and absolutely destroy you? I learned that in games you cant search for too. Much realism then it would not be a freakin videogame. Just think about it and also Like someone said lower your ego a little bit thanks.

I wanna fight IRL, where can I get the gear and join? Based in Serbia.

1058 1696

Yeah let's keep blasting the girl for sharing her opinions and thinking she can kick our asses in real life melee haha

Please sense the sarcasm, this thread should be closed or people should start challenging/supporting her points with new points or fuck off.