Mordhau

I fight in steel for real. Here's my take on where the game is at.

1 6
  • 2
  • 12 May
 Mermur

This game isn't Medieval ARMA and for good reason. Also foaming at the mouth for "realism" changes and asking for female characters in the same post is a good bit. If we're really being realistic here, how about we make female characters forced to take the "Peasant" trait, lower their damage, and you can only play as one on the defensive team in Grad, where you're a chamber maid and you're forced to defend your lord's castle.

319 417
  • 12 May
 ChuckJones

13 hours ago you decided to wake up, eat your breakfast, come by to the Mordhau forums to express your overall impressions of the game.
To each their own, everyone has their own opinion of the game the game and that is okay.

However. You discuss your opinion and then say if you disagree, we leave and then you end off with the one line says that you're better than everyone of us?

This is where most of us will say that you're just a child who cannot comprehend the game, you get beat so hard you decide to rage out here and then falsely proclaim as a better person and player than the rest of us here. You ain't fooling anyone with that outbreak of an opinion kiddo.

Knight 5096 6834

Damn
¿why most of the people who come to these forums to be public about doing reenactment, HMB or HEMA are major jerks? This guy reminds me of that other viktor von can't remember, who would come here and just brag about his activities in reenactment and tell everybody how much of a pussy everyone was for not doing what he did and spewing shit about realism and stuff. Story just repeats itself.
Look buddy, with that attitude not only nobody will listen, they will take a piss on you all day. Chill out, you can have an opinion of the game but that doesn't entitle you to be an authority in what's the better for the game. Your sole first few suggestions make it clear that you have no clue about game balance and the game as it is in general.

1056 1695

I would like to see blades do less damage to armor and blunts do more. Nothing crazy but it bothers me that I get to swing long sword like a mad man in FL and 3htk literally anything. LS is basically Messer from Chivalry, just spam away if you've got armor.

No nothing crazy but wouldn't it be nice if LS was 4htk to T3 torso instead? Or if carrying a war hammer secondary was a good idea over Arming sword since your Billhook may fall short against T3 torso? This also high lights the importance of where you aim on your opponents body... since they may wear different armor pieces on different parts. Currently it feels best to aim at the head no matter what, unless they're naked every where else. I see naked light legs and decide I'm better off hitting torso or head anyways.

And I totally 100% agree on the matter of rapier, it adds nothing to the game. No, I'm not the angry throat beard saying something I despise adds nothing to the game... but rapier really doesn't add anything. It's too bad for high level duels but low level players can do literally nothing about it. I pick it up and start dominating the duel yard against week 1 players, where otherwise I was simply doing well. It looks wrong when I see half the players using it over LS or what not. A reasonably well balanced rapier would actually be BS, and there are many who think BS is cancer too.

9 9
  • 12 May
 Thorun

Hey all - Actually? I'd like to apologize. I still stand by the majority of the statements, but the tone WAS wrong. Unfortunately, I had soaked up what the community was putting down - I came here looking for information on whether women were going to be included in the game, and was basically greeted with a tirade a toxic hatred. Relatively unpunished, at that.

Thing is, I didn't want to replicate it, it just got under my skin. Kind of hard to feel good about the community after that, you know? And with that said, I'm also not going to pretend like this is just me. I've seen some of these posters in other threads, and the hypocrisy of being indignant over my approach is palpable.

Either way, I've realized neither me nor any of you are going to be able to enjoy talking to each other right now. And those of you that are fine don't really need to see me be frustrated with the broader community, or have that frustration vented on you, instead of me simply stating preferences. To that subsection, no addendum, just sorry.

Likewise, I also realized I don't care to argue with folks who haven't actually experienced steel combat, who insist that if a game played the same way, it wouldn't be fun. That it would have to be radically different. There's a level of arrogance there that precludes having a constructive conversation.

Do whatever with this thread - I fucked it up from the get-go.

Knight 917 2520
  • 1
  • 12 May
 Pred

@Lionheart Chevalier said:
I would like to see blades do less damage to armor and blunts do more. Nothing crazy but it bothers me that I get to swing long sword like a mad man in FL and 3htk literally anything. LS is basically Messer from Chivalry, just spam away if you've got armor.

LS is literally shit lmao, for FL it's the worst two hander except Quarterstaff and maybe Billhook.

It's a niche weapon that is OK for duels, that's it pretty much it.

1056 1695

@Pred said:

@Lionheart Chevalier said:
I would like to see blades do less damage to armor and blunts do more. Nothing crazy but it bothers me that I get to swing long sword like a mad man in FL and 3htk literally anything. LS is basically Messer from Chivalry, just spam away if you've got armor.

LS is literally shit lmao, for FL it's the worst two hander except Quarterstaff and maybe Billhook.

It's a niche weapon that is OK for duels, that's it pretty much it.

I disagree, my friend and I absolutely tear shit up with LS and there's many who've argued LS is too good during alpha. It feels like I'm messer spamming like it was Chivalry. Just keep throwing horizontals with some drag or accel and I'll win even if I'm getting traded.

319 417
  • 12 May
 ChuckJones

@Thorun said:
Hey all - Actually? I'd like to apologize. I still stand by the majority of the statements, but the tone WAS wrong. Unfortunately, I had soaked up what the community was putting down - I came here looking for information on whether women were going to be included in the game, and was basically greeted with a tirade a toxic hatred. Relatively unpunished, at that.

Thing is, I didn't want to replicate it, it just got under my skin. Kind of hard to feel good about the community after that, you know? And with that said, I'm also not going to pretend like this is just me. I've seen some of these posters in other threads, and the hypocrisy of being indignant over my approach is palpable.

Either way, I've realized neither me nor any of you are going to be able to enjoy talking to each other right now. And those of you that are fine don't really need to see me be frustrated with the broader community, or have that frustration vented on you, instead of me simply stating preferences. To that subsection, no addendum, just sorry.

Likewise, I also realized I don't care to argue with folks who haven't actually experienced steel combat, who insist that if a game played the same way, it wouldn't be fun. That it would have to be radically different. There's a level of arrogance there that precludes having a constructive conversation.

Do whatever with this thread - I fucked it up from the get-go.

Holy hell. Just stop embarrassing yourself you damn nerd. Everyone here has their own likings and dislikes to the game. But what you're pretty much doing now is backtracking on what you said earlier. You stand by for what you said earlier is fine because it's your opinion. But the tone of what you said it at is not going to change now. Just suck it up. Play the goddamn game for fun and stop complaining how the game doesn't suit to your needs. Either play it or dont. No one cares.

Because Mordhau has been designed and made specifically for fun no matter what naysayers say about it. And if you want to change the game up wait for Mod support. Till then have a nice day

Knight 917 2520
  • 12 May
 Pred

@Lionheart Chevalier said:

@Pred said:

@Lionheart Chevalier said:
I would like to see blades do less damage to armor and blunts do more. Nothing crazy but it bothers me that I get to swing long sword like a mad man in FL and 3htk literally anything. LS is basically Messer from Chivalry, just spam away if you've got armor.

LS is literally shit lmao, for FL it's the worst two hander except Quarterstaff and maybe Billhook.

It's a niche weapon that is OK for duels, that's it pretty much it.

I disagree, my friend and I absolutely tear shit up with LS and there's many who've argued LS is too good during alpha. It feels like I'm messer spamming like it was Chivalry. Just keep throwing horizontals with some drag or accel and I'll win even if I'm getting traded.

Yeah, but you can do the same, only easier and get more kills, with literally any other 2 elitist weapon.

1083 6138
  • 12 May
 crushed — Art

200w

101 170
  • 12 May
 Sektor

So the OP wants to make this game a boring medieval simulator, ok.

29 50
  • 12 May
 coo_snake

This post is remarkable by its arrogance and condescension. You're trying to make this game your own?

Maybe when modding support comes, someone (or you) will make a mod that plays as you think it should.

Knight 108 140

@Thorun said:
I am a woman who fights MEN. So I'm going to put something to rest, here and now - it matters in a grapple, a feature this game doesn't have. If you want to bitch and whine and moan "But mah medieval experience!", that's the truth of it.

Let's get the facts straight. You practice a martial art with men, in a safe, cozy environment. It probably gets your addrenaline pumping nicely, has the feel of daunting danger, and there could even be injuries. But if you were injured, you'd be rushed to the emergency room with a party of worried co-practicioners. Tell that you "fight men" after you've fought one in a life-and-death situation. I take the liberty of assuming that you have not, one time, and even less on regular basis. You practice with men, you perhaps spar with men, or you might compete with men if things are going really wild. Let's leave fighting to the fantasy, unless you actually do it.

62 153

Bit of a trainwreck, this.

Knight 7572 13864
  • 12 May
 ToLazy4Name

realism

lol

29 50
  • 12 May
 coo_snake

Who cares that she's a woman or fights men or donkeys. It's such a humble brag. It's irrelevant to anything. Maybe she's even really good at it. Still irrelevant to anything.

Why make a big deal out of what she said and try to bring her down with equally stupid allegations. I'm sure she knows she made a fool of herself at this point. And you just did too.

Females will come to Mordhau.
This community is also pretty shit and in general not moderated.
This post was also pretty shit and doomed from the start.

This comment was deleted.
523 566
  • 12 May
 Deadmode

This thread is just more evidence that humans fucking suck...especially on the internet.

114 191

Okay, I can't figure this out so I have two answers for the two scenarios, from most to least likely:

1) - This is a copypasta. In this case, lmao, good one.

2) - This is actually serious. In this, however unlikely case, let me ask you something about your realistic martial memes:

When you "do this for real, and you're better than me" you clearly mean you walk onto a medieval battlefield and get accidentally shot in the neck by a longbow volley while trudging through mud with your few thousand or so brothers-in-arms, causing you to instantly die, yes? And people actively try to cave your skull in with maces, stab you with spears and shoot you with crossbows, granted you miraculously survived the heavy cavalry charge?

Because if not, you better upgrade your game. It's just not realistic enough.

P.S. I just learned OP is a woman so now I can finally be branded a sexist:If this game was realistic, the women's gameplay would consist of ploughing the fields at home and raising 6 kids while her husband gets conscripted into some shitty levy force and killed in his first battle.

62 153

This thread is the best satire and OP is an unrecognised genius.