Mordhau

Chivalry is a better game currently

35 107
  • 13 May
 KingOfSow

@Mackintoke said:

@Q said:

Combos are also still way better in Chiv.

Go ahead and elaborate on that one. So far, the only thing Chiv has that Mordhau doesn't have is the front and center overhead swing with hammer. Now the over head swings are slightly angled to left or right.

Chivalry had same side combos (left slash into left overhead for example) and opposite combos. In mordhau combos can only come from the opposite sides (ie. Left slash to right overhead) and no same side combos.

Note: i think Mordhau is miles better game than chivalry ever was.

Knight 840 850
  • 13 May
 afiNity

Archers need to output more damage but at the same time it should be harder to hit something

75 60
  • 13 May
 urm

I play a lot with all three ranged weapons, and I think archers are mostly fine the way they are currently.
Sure, you are likely not going to topscore (although I often do), and if you have enough experience to top score as an archer, it's likely you would do "better" in melee score-wise.

However both in frontline and small scale competitive archers have their uses.
Having ranged damage forces the opponents to come to you, which can break stalemates.
It also lets you contribute small amounts of damage to multiple fights faster than through melee, and in many cases even a 20 damage shot can change the outcome of a duel. Having an archer on your team makes your opponent wary of having a lot of high cost weapons, such as halberds and zweis, as those force them to wear lighter armor, at which point archers actually become pretty scary. Finally it lets you finish off fleeing/kiting enemies in a more reliable way than throwing weapons.
Also archers are one of the more reliable ways of countering horses and greedy catapult positioning.

11 points for the longbow is a bit extreme though, as if you want to compete with other archers in FL, you are kind of forced into taking Huntsman and 0/2/1 armor leaving you with no points to spare. I think dropping it to 10 would be fine.

Baron 1542 4831
  • 13 May
 Lincs

Lmao, what a depressing topic. Mordhau is head and shoulders above Chivalry in every aspect other than maps, but you know what's great about maps? They can be constantly updated and tweaked to alter the balance and advantages. Let me point you to one of the biggest eSports in the world, CS:GO - Valve constantly, and I mean CONSTANTLY makes changes to even the most popular maps to adjust balance, optimize, etc.

Triternion have no prior game development experience; they were borne from a couple of ex comp Chivalry players and while they had the right stuff for combat, most of them probably have never designed a balanced level before, excluding Vesanus. Fortunately, this is forgivable, as it is a learned skill. Or, if worst comes to pass and they can't fix the maps on their own, they now have plenty more cash to hire more level design devs.

Right now, I'm thinking about making a thread to discuss potential changes to Camp, to give the devs some ideas. I believe something like that would be a far better use of your time than making threads like this, Lord Snow.

Knight 5917 10249
  • 13 May
 ToLazy4Name

Haha you know nothing Jon Snow xD

Baron 1542 4831
  • 13 May
 Lincs

Gottem

75 60
  • 13 May
 urm

@ToLazy4Name said:
Haha you know nothing Jon Snow xD

Right, maybe he's actually a resonable guy, just too deep into that role play /s

Knight 159 219
  • 13 May
 Q

@Mackintoke said:

@Q said:

Combos are also still way better in Chiv.

Go ahead and elaborate on that one. So far, the only thing Chiv has that Mordhau doesn't have is the front and center overhead swing with hammer. Now the over head swings are slightly angled to left or right.

In a nutshell; Mordhau only has opposite-side combos, whereas Chiv (as a general rule) only has same-side combos. In Chivalry, the exceptions being same attack combos (i.e. Overhead > Alt-Overhead, or Slash > Alt-Slash). Stab is also partly exempt from this rule (as there is no Alt-Stab), allowing for both same & opposite-side combos.

You could put off some ace combos in Chiv. Mordhau's combos are meh at best.

Combos are like the glue that bind the rest of the combat together, & make the combat feel fluid. Having only opposite-side combos slows down the combat/gameplay, & only serves to lower the skill-ceiling. Especially with regard to team fights, & 1vX (which is where the skill-ceiling lies with this genre). As they are quite predictable, & not very creative (just figures of eights).

I personally think the worst offender is not being able to perform a right slash after a right slab or right overhead (or a left slash after a left stab or left overhead). Not to mention counter intuitive cuing up a left slash, for it to only perform a right slash (or vice versa). This issue exists in both games. However in Chiv it was the other way around, but with same-side combos.

A while back I compiled a list of all available combos in both games. Please note that it is for binds, not 240 system.

Combos [Final].png

117 113

@LordCommanderJonSnow said:
All lute players are to be killed on sight, they don't belong in the game

All people that stick up for lute players will be hunted (Do you really mean just players or even people IRL?)

(They are fucking with my Spotify playlist in game (no comma needed) and there is no way to turn their volume down)

Yeah I like to party. To good music. I don't need some idiot to make my (is it just your game) virtual combat game feel like visiting Guitar Center.

No parenthesis needed: It's kind of neat, but you create a culture of "It's OK to be AFK and roleplay in this game. It's OK to let your team down, nobody cares!"

They will? all die. Every. Single. One.

Free gold, points and XP!

You seem to have some internal struggles buddy.

I helped you with some grammar on your quote.
In case nobody ever told you or you never thought about it, good readability and grammar is a great thing to strive for in order to be taken more seriously online.

Why would you care?
People who write poorly are by default assumed to be of lower intelligence, of having lesser focusing skills, of younger age, of more general salt about life.

Writing better shows more basic respect overall for your fellow forum reader and also as a side note whenever someone spells I (self reference) consistently in lower-case, it is a sign of low self esteem, not always, but quite often.

It is great though that there are these kinds of games so that we can express our hate based issues in a rewarding, but safe setting. There's nothing wrong per se about expressing these feelings in games, that's partly what games like here are made for.

I understand how lutes interfere with your music and it is indeed a good idea if there was at least a console command to mute lutes. However overall, it really is not your game in the first place. Saying this reveals your likely overall still infantile attitude in life. The game belongs to the lute players as much as you and anyone else.

I'll be sure protect all our good loot players on the field from your humorless, young, uneducated and angry minds!

PS. Why cannot someone roleplay this game?
Roleplaying this game is so much fun! I think you should try it sometime.
Acting as a scared peasant for example and hanging out with your own team's lute player might do you some good.

837 1447

Great sword, not claymore

sure the maps have more polygons, they are going to look and feel better, but they aren't balanced

In terms of value, I've had 100 great hours in Mordhau. At 25$, that's .25 cents every hour, which is about 4x the value of a 90s arcade.

At 60 minutes in, I felt the same way as you do now. Why play Chivalry if Mordhau is out?

After about 100 hours, the PUB scene is boring. It's fun on 2 maps, not fun on the other 2.

I'm sure the masses don't mind because they just play whatever side they want, and don't really care about balance.

I can play red on Taiga and win every game and feel great about myself too.

Yes my argument is the maps are sub par. If we had more maps that were balanced, then my opinion would change. Currently we don't. For now, it's enough for me to go back to Chivalry for the time being. I love fun balanced pub matches that feel like a fight. I don't like to sit through 2 shitty maps for an hour just to get to the good maps. Seems like a waste of time when I could be playing something else that feels more like a game.

Were you on Play Station 4 too? EU?

42 17

FlyingTesticle ahahahahaha DOUCHE BAG

I'm glad I avoided college. I'm glad I'm not in debt. I'm glad I've worked real world jobs my whole life.

It is my game, I paid $30 for it, I own it, it's mine mine mine.

bro not many people care this much about grammar. Especially in the online gaming community. Only people that care this much are tart assholes that need something to prove. If you are someone that needs to be taken seriously online, then you REALLY have self esteem issues ahahahahah idiot.

I still make six figures as an information security expert. IT Certifications for the win. Nobody cares what you think.

lol internal struggles, what a tool bag. Hate based issues ahahahahah HOLY SHIT. I'm still fucking laughing.

I donate to charity and am generally a great, loving person in life. Ya I have an infantile attitude LOL.

Bro if anybody has hate based issues, it's you, trying to trash someone so hard an in online forum. Get a life brooooo.

Maybe someone fragged you too much as archer in this boring game. Hang out with your lute players loser, I will slaughter you every time I see you.

42 17

you only had to edit your shitty post 5 times smart guy

God you actually re-read that 5 times?

Get a life idiot, or a dog or puppy or something that makes you happy.

117 113

I'm glad I avoided college. I'm glad I'm not in debt. I'm glad I've worked real world jobs my whole life.

I still make six figures

Ditto and congratulations!

trying to trash someone so hard an in online forum. Get a life brooooo.

Go and reread your own post.

42 17

When someone shoves you, you shove back. Get shoved

Knight 5917 10249
  • 13 May
 ToLazy4Name

Epic gamer moment

117 113

When someone shoves you, you shove back. Get shoved

Do you feel like you won?

42 17

In the online hate machine, there are no winners.

117 113

In the online hate machine, there are no winners.

Completely agreed!

18 18

I donate to charity and am generally a great, loving person in life.

Then share the love my man, regardless of your position, you don’t need to be aggressive, the devs are working on this game and likely plan to further it. It’s bad manners to rep another game on a game’s forum, so please refrain from that in the future.

1047 5982
  • 13 May
 crushed — Art

This topic has been moved.