Mordhau

Objective based competitive gamemode suggestions

1 5
  • 11 May
 nethy

I'd like a skirmish-like mode which functions on a smaller scale (Aka no respawns, last man standing wins)
But with a secondary objective, think Counter strike with hostage or bombsite. It could be like capture the flag etc.
I mention this because I fear, as fun as the combat is, competitive Mordhau would just turn into a series of 1v1 duels, and that might get old really quickly.
Ontop of that the only objective baed gamemode we have is frontline, so competitive or not, I'd love to see a bigger pool of objective based modes.

Suggestions could be:

• Capture the flag, flag in the middle of the map teams fight over to get back to their base
  • King of the hill
  • Control, Think frontline but with all points active at once, this would obviously need a map specically made for it.
  • VIP (Could call it protect the king or smt), Each team spawns with an VIP, everyone on the team can respawn but the VIP, first team to kill the enemy VIP wins.

I'd love to hear what ideas everyone else has.

Mercenary 21 50
  • 12 May
 Beedrill

Actually a rly nice idea, skirmish is a super fun comp mode but getting a LMS objective mode allows for multiple ways/tactics to victory outside of just combat and adds more skill to it overall.

Knight 46 141
  • 12 May
 Wowzers

I'm really hoping they add an attack and defend game type similar to Team Objective from Chivalry. TO is what held my interest in Chivalry for so long and I think it would be a great addition to the game. Frontline is a lot of fun but having another large-scale game mode would keep it fresh when you get tired of playing one or the other.

7 2
  • 12 May
 daggial

@Wowzers said:
I'm really hoping they add an attack and defend game type similar to Team Objective from Chivalry. TO is what held my interest in Chivalry for so long and I think it would be a great addition to the game. Frontline is a lot of fun but having another large-scale game mode would keep it fresh when you get tired of playing one or the other.

I'm not a chivalry veteran but i have some hours in that game and i remember enjoying a lot objective-based maps there, and I really wish we'll see in the future more similar maps, a siege / assault gamemode with dedicated attackers and defenders only teams.

A great example would be on Grad: i imagine being red and having to push through all the map against the defending blue team, everytime a different and more challenging objective, everytime getting extra time / lives (tickets) for taking an objective: free villagers and conquer the farm, then get control of the stables, then break the gates and get the blacksmith, and at last push in the castle and kill the king

Knight 934 941
  • 12 May
 afiNity

https://mordhau.com/forum/topic/223/last-team-standing-objective/

There used to be a Chivalry mod that added a gamemode called LTSO to the game.
The principle is similar to counterstrike. It's last team standing but at the same time you need to complete an objective.
Something like this would be easy to implement and it's fun.

777 1029

they should try their hand at making some linear objective maps like chiv had. I thought crush made belmez, which had some really fun points, like getting the flags on top of the wall, and the 2 kings VIP mode at the end...
I want stuff like that.

1757 1412
  • 12 May
 Rergato

they should just copy counter strike and make defuse, but with an explosive keg instead of c4.

the defuse animation could just be a frantic, goofy looking blowing of air onto the fuse lol

Knight 27 33

Remake of Csgo comp could be rly good and also a remake of their competitive matchmaking system.

7 2
  • 13 May
 daggial

i dont think i would like a defuse gamemode on chivalry, tbh

it's the same old story, and doesn't fit the medieval environment very well

162 124

I would also like hostage rescue comp, like a peasant being rescued

162 124

@PinkiePowPowMSK said:
Remake of Csgo comp could be rly good and also a remake of their competitive matchmaking system.

Csgo 2

172 85
  • 13 May
 Mackintoke

THE VIP KILL THE KING MODE, I fucken loved that from Chivalry.

1757 1412
  • 13 May
 Rergato

My other idea is a game mode called “Raid”.

•No Respawns, obviously.
•There’s a Defense Team and an Offense Team.
•The objective for the Offense team is to torch one of Defense Team’s assets (could be supplies, a building, etc)
•Maps will typically have two assets. A and B. Only one has to be turned to ashes for Offense to win.

•One offense player will spawn with the torch.
•Torch can be thrown on an asset to light it on fire.
•Asset has 45 seconds before the flames become too powerful, giving offense team a win.
•Defense players need to put out the fire— doing so will grant them a win, even if offensive players are alive.
•To put out the fire, it’ll be a 10 second action.
•A new item; the water bucket, 4 points or so. Can be used to bring the action time down to 5 seconds, or used to put out firepots.

Basically defuse reskinned to fit the medieval theme, boom

Mercenary 21 50
  • 13 May
 Beedrill

@Rergato said:
My other idea is a game mode called “Raid”.

•No Respawns, obviously.
•There’s a Defense Team and an Offense Team.
•The objective for the Offense team is to torch one of Defense Team’s assets (could be supplies, a building, etc)
•Maps will typically have two assets. A and B. Only one has to be turned to ashes for Offense to win.

•One offense player will spawn with the torch.
•Torch can be thrown on an asset to light it on fire.
•Asset has 45 seconds before the flames become too powerful, giving offense team a win.
•Defense players need to put out the fire— doing so will grant them a win, even if offensive players are alive.
•To put out the fire, it’ll be a 10 second action.
•A new item; the water bucket, 4 points or so. Can be used to bring the action time down to 5 seconds, or used to put out firepots.

Basically defuse reskinned to fit the medieval theme, boom

That reskin works super well holy shit

90 78
  • 13 May
 SushiFish

I was joking the other day to one of my friends about how epic it would be to see maps from chivalry such was darkforest and stoneshill being played in Mordhau. But even if both games use the same engine, a hard-copy like that wouldn't be possible without some major modifying, or should I call it..."Mordifying", to make it work with the exciting scripts and lines from one game to the other, and then there's the matter of copyright.

Bottomline is, it would really be nice if we would get a proper objective based map, that of which TO did back in the Chivalry days, unless LTS and duels is the only viable competitive mode, since FL right now does not seem to work for a 8v8, 10v10 or 14v14. But I could always be wrong.

Has there been many any official comments from the developers whether this is going to happen or not?