Mordhau

Constant Crashing

7 0
  • 11 May '19
 SerRewitzer

Game worked pretty good up until now minus a few crashes midgame. However after the latest update I can't get through a whole match without the game freezing and closing to the desktop. i5 4460 16 GB RAM and GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB. Got the latest drivers and tried some of the suggestions online and I'm having no luck. Great game! I just want to get back to being able to play!

4 3
  • 12 May '19
 Superjuice

@SerRewitzer said:
Game worked pretty good up minus a few crashes midgame. However after the latest update I can't get through a whole match without the game freezing and closing to the desktop. i5 4460 16 GB RAM and GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB. Got the latest drivers and tried some of the suggestions online and I'm having no luck. Great game! I just want to get back to being able to play!

Same issue here, constant crashes to desktop after a few minutes of gameplay (prompts the mordhau crash reporter).

i5 3570k, 16gb, RX480 8gb

No issues first night of playing, but since then, non stop crashes. Updated drivers, turned down video settings, verified game files, etc.

5 2
  • 12 May '19
 BOHWulfhelm

Did you also see giant dropped weapons and/or distorted ragdolls anywhere? I also get these frustrating crashes, plus the aforementioned glitches, and it appears they are connected.

3 0
  • 12 May '19
 los

Same problem guys intel i7 6700k, gtx1060 6gb. it used to be once an hour or two a weak ago, but now it happens every 5 minutes. for what i paid my money??

4 3
  • 13 May '19
 Superjuice

This is only happening in multiplayer games, local games (with bots) do not cause the client to crash. Would love to actually play the damn game.

6 0
  • 17 May '19
 Ragouki

I'm dealing with crashes constantly as well. They seem to be getting worse over time. When I first started playing around release, I don't recall crashing ever. At least for the first 3 or 4 days of play. I may be wrong, but it seems I only crash when I'm using discord. It seems to happen on all maps as well. Sometimes I will go a couple matches without a crash, and other times I will crash twice in the same match. I've tried verifying the file integrity in steam, and messed around with compatibility mode. I'm running windows 10 with an i7 9700k + rtx 2080ti.

6 0
  • 17 May '19
 Ragouki

I just had a revelation actually. I realized I've had my dac set to a sampling rate higher than it is rated for. As soon as I changed this to the correct setting, my mordhau client crashed. I sometimes play with my monitor speakers instead of the dac/amp/headphone combo, and I don't use voice chat during those times of course. Perhaps this was a sound issue. I guess I'll just have to play for awhile to find out.

6 0
  • 17 May '19
 Ragouki

Guess not. I just crashed :'(

957 311
  • 17 May '19
 Antoniokontos

Validate integrity of local steam files worked for me go to

Properties of mordhau (via right click and on the bottom of the options)

Untitled.png

works ok for me now except lag but that's on me not the game

Dident work after 5 games it crashes after 10 mins of play

6 0
  • 17 May '19
 Ragouki

So I changed nvidia physx from gpu to CPU in the control panel because I recall seeing that suggested somewhere. I played 2 matches of frontline with no crash last night. I'll just have to see if this works long term.

20 4
  • 17 May '19
 Korvinatus

Do you got anytime crash report about debuging symbols?

6 0
  • 18 May '19
 Ragouki

After playing for a few hours, I managed to only have one crash. I would say that's an improvement at least.

957 311
  • 19 May '19
 Antoniokontos

I factory restored my computer now the game runs fine

13 4
  • 21 May '19
 Evan_

Another GTX 1060 6 GB user here, having crashes. I'm troubleshooting for a while, as one has to play a lot of Mordhau in the process.

I started (the second day of troubleshooting) with a clean W10 install, with only the bare minimum to run Mordhau. Updates, drivers, Steam, direct-x, the game, the only vcredists it needs. When I mention Nvidia drivers later, I always mean clean installs, after removal of the previous with DDU in safe mode. Only the driver, no GeForce Experience or other additions (except of course when troubleshooting the HD audio driver and PhysX).

So far I have ruled out:

• Performance issues Game runs fine on max, random crashes also happen on the most potato ingame settings too.

• Sound-related issues. Game runs fine with all audio-devices disabled (and all drivers meticulously removed, ingame sounds muted), random crashes still happen.

• PhysX related issues. Game runs fine without PhysX installed (and PhysX + CUDA calculations sent to the cpu by nvidia control panel). Turning off ragdolling, cloth animations, and every slightly relevant settings didn't help, random crashes still happen.

• Nvidia driver issues I tried various older drivers, starting from the days gtx1060 6gb was released, and from every quarter-year after that. No improvement (or visible performance decrease) with 'em.

• The GPU doing something visibly fishy I used TechPowerUp GPU-Z to monitor and log many readouts while playing. All values look normal, well within the expectable range. No spike or drop happens the second before the crash and the drop following it is also normal.

I'm running out of ideas where to look. My prime suspect is still the GPU, but which tiny little aspect of it? My next idea is digging into the the depths of 3D Mark, trying to reproduce the issue in the most sterile and monitored environment I can think of.

I'll post if I find something.

957 311
  • 22 May '19
 Antoniokontos

@Evan_ said:
Another GTX 1060 6 GB user here, having crashes. I'm troubleshooting for a while, as one has to play a lot of Mordhau in the process.

I started (the second day of troubleshooting) with a clean W10 install, with only the bare minimum to run Mordhau. Updates, drivers, Steam, direct-x, the game, the only vcredists it needs. When I mention Nvidia drivers later, I always mean clean installs, after removal of the previous with DDU in safe mode. Only the driver, no GeForce Experience or other additions (except of course when troubleshooting the HD audio driver and PhysX).

So far I have ruled out:

• Performance issues Game runs fine on max, random crashes also happen on the most potato ingame settings too.

• Sound-related issues. Game runs fine with all audio-devices disabled (and all drivers meticulously removed, ingame sounds muted), random crashes still happen.

• PhysX related issues. Game runs fine without PhysX installed (and PhysX + CUDA calculations sent to the cpu by nvidia control panel). Turning off ragdolling, cloth animations, and every slightly relevant settings didn't help, random crashes still happen.

• Nvidia driver issues I tried various older drivers, starting from the days gtx1060 6gb was released, and from every quarter-year after that. No improvement (or visible performance decrease) with 'em.

• The GPU doing something visibly fishy I used TechPowerUp GPU-Z to monitor and log many readouts while playing. All values look normal, well within the expectable range. No spike or drop happens the second before the crash and the drop following it is also normal.

I'm running out of ideas where to look. My prime suspect is still the GPU, but which tiny little aspect of it? My next idea is digging into the the depths of 3D Mark, trying to reproduce the issue in the most sterile and monitored environment I can think of.

I'll post if I find something.

i gave up and factory restored my computer now i haven't had a crash idk how it fixed it but it did

20 4
  • 22 May '19
 Korvinatus

How you did it?

957 311
  • 22 May '19
 Antoniokontos

@Korvinatus said:
How you did it?

go to computer settings and look up restore should pop up and there 2 options i picked the more extreame one wich completely cleans all data off of it as if im getting rid of the computer now i only have steam discord Mordhau and world of warcraft on my computer and it no longer crashes

13 4
  • 22 May '19
 Evan_

3D Mark didn't help. I tortured my comp with hours of the most complex stress-testing, I didn't manage to force out a crash from it.

@Antoniokontos

Yes, I have seen your earlier comment, but that doesn't help me either - my PC don't have a factory default option, but I did make a system restore point after all Windows-components, drivers, Steam, Dirext-X and the vcredists that Mordhau needs was installed (and nothing else). I'm still having crashes at that point.

I believe you had some irrelevant software related issue that restore fixed. Or I'm deeply mistaken.

But I browsed trough dozens of crash-related threads on this forum. Those who get random infrequent ingame crashes - also often graphical artifacts that BOHWulfhelm described (and could bother to tell us their specs) seem to be having Geforce 10 series cards (GTX 1050-60-70-80). I sense a pattern here.

Maybe I should try my luck at the Nvidia forum. The geek feels strong in there.

957 311
  • 22 May '19
 Antoniokontos

@Evan_ said:
3D Mark didn't help. I tortured my comp with hours of the most complex stress-testing, I didn't manage to force out a crash from it.

@Antoniokontos

Yes, I have seen your earlier comment, but that doesn't help me either - my PC don't have a factory default option, but I did make a system restore point after all Windows-components, drivers, Steam, Dirext-X and the vcredists that Mordhau needs was installed (and nothing else). I'm still having crashes at that point.

I believe you had some irrelevant software related issue that restore fixed. Or I'm deeply mistaken.

But I browsed trough dozens of crash-related threads on this forum. Those who get random infrequent ingame crashes (and often artifacts that BOHWulfhelm described (and could bother to tell us their specs) seem to be having Geforce 10 series cards (GTX 1050-60-70-80). I sense a pattern here.

Maybe I should try my luck at the Nvidia forum. The geek feels strong in there.

that sucks that you cant fully restore your computer:
side note 100th Post woot

1 0
  • 24 May '19
 MaxDamage

I ended up lowering my FPS to 59, from the 120, and it seemed to ease the crashes. I wouldn't be able to finish a game at max fps, now it seems to have eased the issue, I can usually finish a game.