Mordhau

CPU to Play the game - a deal breaker?

2 0
  • 11 May '19
 clintcalaway

The game looks like fun mindless blood lust, and I'm awful at combat games so I'll make good ballista bolt fodder.

That being said, I have a concern that my cpu will cause problems but my other parts in my computer are higher. My specs

CPU - I5 3570K @ 3.4 mhz
GPU - Nvidia GTX 960 memory 4GB
RAM 16 gb
Windows 7 64
Directx 12
Broadband internet

Here is the minimum
Processor: Intel Core i5 - 4670 or AMD equivalent
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 680 or AMD equivalent
DirectX: Version 11
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Storage: 20 GB available space

It's the CPU is close, but not quite. Is that a deal breaker? or are there setting I can adjust to compensate as my RAM and Graphics are higher than the minimum.

Can this work or is deal Breaker?

An honest, straight forward opinion is greatly appreciated.

1757 1413
  • 11 May '19
 Rergato

I looked up some spec discussions for the game and came across this comment on reddit.

I run an i5-4350 and a GTX 670 and get 90-130 fps with most settings except textures on low. Very impressed with the performance given my aging setup. With your cpu, you may have to lower some of the more cpu intensive settings, but the 1070 will have no issues whatsoever.

This was in response to someone (the op) that has the same cpu as you.

I got a good feeling you’ll be fine, if not, you can refund the game within 2 hours. Doesn’t sound like a deal breaker to me. Mordhau was made with low specs in mind, I remember back in ‘15 the developers were talking about how they were making the game with shit specs themselves.

2 0
  • 11 May '19
 clintcalaway

@Rergato:

Thanks for the info. When I built my system 6 years ago I will say I am surprised that it has kept up so long with only buying a new GPU. I know I'm overdue for a major rebuild on the system (CPU, motherboard, Operating System (screw you, Microsoft) but have other financial needs right now.

13 6
  • 14 May '19
 Bɑbɑг

The game is quite heavy on the CPU.
I have the i5 3570k OC @ 4,2Ghz
It works, but you can feel it is stuttering at times.