Mordhau

[Developer Request] Final HUD options removal

2 10
  • 11 May '19
 benson

Hi,

If any devs read this (not sure how else to get in touch) can I make a request please? The hud options in this game are fantastic, but there are elements of the hud that there are no options to remove (as shown in attached screenshot)

Would it be possible to get options to remove these final hud elements? I love playing my games with absolutely no hud and I feel this game lends itself particularly well to this kind of playstyle.

I understand that these might have been left on purposely, as to not let players forget about their teams progress, but as someone that likes to play with the hud off, it really has to be all elements removed in order for complete "immersion" (especially those that track with the players camera control)

Hope this message finds you well, thanks for taking the time to craft a great game.

last_bits_of_hud.png

14 5
  • 11 May '19
 NICKALTMAN

I support this. Maybe a toggle off and on button. Like H for markes. So you can check the objectives for a second and then turn them off again.

Especial those hammers are anoying. They should be optiomal to see and have a tick box in options too turn off.

2 10
  • 13 May '19
 benson

Really don't want this thread to get lost to the aether, can I count on the support of my bannermen??

Knight 2289 4135
  • 13 May '19
 Runagate

Agreed that all of these elements should have separate toggles. Another very nice addition would be a separate ranged/melee crosshair, or at least a crosshair toggle bind.

14 5
  • 14 May '19
 NICKALTMAN

@benson said:
Really don't want this thread to get lost to the aether, can I count on the support of my bannermen??

I support this. It should get an answer from developers. All we ask is options to turn it on and off.

Knight 8 9
  • 16 May '19
 Pooper

Yea i like the idea to chose precisely what we want to be on screen. I would also like to get an option to turn off the kill and headshots sounds, they don't bring anything special to the gameplay.

Knight 8 9
  • 18 May '19
 Pooper

Btw, i've found a console command to toggle off the HUD. You have to type in "m.hidehud 1". But sadly you can't select what features you want to be on or off.