Mordhau

Retardhau or Target Votekick

34 19
  • 11 May
 Anachoretes

This game is a popular and cheap. It's good but every day i see more and more retards in this game.
Like this guy, for instance. e27817d27d.png

I don't want to play with retards especially when he is a pure griefer.

And don't suggest me a VOTEKICK.. it just doesn't always work.

1. Because ppl dont care.
  2. You need to open fk console and typing... Console that doesn't work sometimes even after manually being binded in INI config. Console in 2019 where ppl are spoiled and need at least a primitive UI. Your Target Mute is working fine. Make at least a Target Votekick. It's simple as fuck.

And probably...penalty system for continuous team killing.

Knight 652 995
  • 11 May
 VampireDuck

How exactly would you combat this other than vote kick?

20 28

This would matter if you completely ignored the fact that you can break down those little barricades with some attacks.

You should try focusing on the positives of things and ignore people like this which are in my 82 hours as of this post are few and far between.

34 19
  • 11 May
 Anachoretes

@VampireDuck said:

As i said - make vote kick more accessible.

21 11

And how I'm supposed to kick a guy with a nick like "¾¿ÀÁÂÃÄÅRΞΦper₪₪₪"?

Count 34 43
  • 11 May
 Random428

@Mordhau_moments said:

It takes longer, but you can votekick by Steam ID if the name is too hard to copy or type - so you can open the player list in the Steam overlay and find their profile first. If they have a vanity URL (so their Steam ID doesn't show in the URL), you also have to put their profile link into a website like steamid.eu to finally get the number needed for a votekick.

After all that, they won't get voted out anyway in my experience. We couldn't get rid of a player who did nothing but attack his own team for 3 games.

34 19
  • 11 May
 Anachoretes

@Random428 said:

@Mordhau_moments said:

It takes longer, but you can votekick by Steam ID if the name is too hard to copy or type - so you can open the player list in the Steam overlay and find their profile first. If they have a vanity URL (so their Steam ID doesn't show in the URL), you also have to put their profile link into a website like steamid.eu to finally get the number needed for a votekick.

After all that, they won't get voted out anyway in my experience. We couldn't get rid of a player who did nothing but attack his own team for 3 games.

Yes, sounds pretty easy for any player. Or you can find him on linkedin and report him. Write to his mom on a facebook...
or
Аннотация 2019-05-11 151928.png

Count 34 43
  • 11 May
 Random428

@Anachoretes said:

@Random428 said:

@Mordhau_moments said:

Yes, sounds pretty easy for any player. Or you can find him on linkedin and report him. Write to his mom on a facebook...
or
Аннотация 2019-05-11 151928.png

I'm not defending the system, just explaining what I've worked out so far.

That last option is what happened to the troll on my server. Everyone beat him up when leaving spawn after a while and he eventually left. We definitely need a better way to deal with people who only play to grief - and at the very least we need info with the kick message which gives people some understanding that the player deserves to go.

With the long list of players in Frontline, the teamkillers don't even show up on the board so you can't see they have -300 points.

15 19
  • 11 May
 Unseul

You can bring up the playerlist in the console (or is that admin only), comes with some numbers, as well as names, I presume the numbers could be steamIDs? Can you use those to kick people?

42 130
  • 11 May
 KingOfSow

@Random428 said:

@Mordhau_moments said:

Or you can just type "playerlist" in console and use the one or two digit number to kick.

42 25
  • 28 May
 Wilkham

Got votekicked for trying to votekick team killer.
It work for me but not for them for X reason.

777 1029

@VampireDuck said:

The devs could grow a brain and make it so any teammate can move engineer emplacements, like in Chiv horde. Usually actually good engineers walk away from their shit and sometimes it needs to be moved, why the fuck can't anybody on their team just pick up and move a barricade into a better spot when they are the ones actually fighting and using them anyway?

If any teammate could move these barriers they would be more effective in all situations AND they could never be used to effectively grief again.

EZ ffs

fact that this is still a fucking problem a month after release is truly Retardhau

1 1
  • 28 May
 Tichy

Guy above me has the only reasonable suggestion. Because destroying the obstacles doesn't really work when the engineer who is griefing just sits there and repairs his walls, especially awful if the griefer has a second friend to repair a second wall. The griefer having a friend also makes votekicks very difficult. Many players don't pay attention to the chat, and even if they do it's hard to tell who is in the wrong if you're not standing in spawn watching it happen. This leads to the griefers often times successfully kicking the people who are pointing them out.
This issue can pretty quickly kill any desire to play the game. On three separate occasions I've encountered the SAME two players griefing blue by locking them in their spawn. By the time they were kicked they had lost Blue two maps and kicked at least 5 players starting votes against them. As mentioned by other posters it's not the easiest problem to solve, but it's a damn big one.

777 1029

I was thinking about it more and my solution could cause problems too. Like moving a spike trap can't just be 'instant' placement cause you could put it in front of people as they're moving and shit, which would be funny at first but should prob try to avoid that.

If it's ethereal for a few seconds after it's replaced, or if it just starts as a pile of sticks again that'd be fine I guess.

Conscript 151 274
  • 28 May
 Kaiowa

@smellycathawk said:
If any teammate could move these barriers they would be more effective in all situations AND they could never be used to effectively grief again.

If all your teammates were taking the game seriously then the ability to move objects would be pretty interesting for strategy purposes, but in the real world it would just greatly increase the number of potential griefers.

Knight 685 1852

@smellycathawk said:

@VampireDuck said:

The devs could grow a brain and make it so any teammate can move engineer emplacements, like in Chiv horde. Usually actually good engineers walk away from their shit and sometimes it needs to be moved, why the fuck can't anybody on their team just pick up and move a barricade into a better spot when they are the ones actually fighting and using them anyway?

EZ ffs

fact that this is still a fucking problem a month after release is truly Retardhau

What a horrible suggestion. Engineer would be unplayable due to teammates stealing your shit for fun.

1475 1562

You forgot to put "fun" in quotes. ;)

110 97
  • 28 May
 BOBOLOJOE

didn't read the whole post but here are my usual answers to dealing with greifers.

1. TK them to death, best part of Mordhau is handing out justice with a blade

2. go a different way. (come up behind them and TK them)

3. play a different server... there are millions of them full to the brim.

4. if you are angered by them, they win. don't get angry, go builder and build them in? have fun with it

777 1029

@ÐMontyleGueux said:

@smellycathawk said:

@VampireDuck said:

EZ ffs

What a horrible suggestion. Engineer would be unplayable due to teammates stealing your shit for fun.

Or they would actually be more useful due to team mates actually being able to use the useless shit retarded engineers build. Could go either way. At least nobody is getting trapped in spawn ever again guaranteed.