Mordhau

Understab animation is completely broken

Knight 462 446

It bugs out the hitbox of whatever weapon you are using giving it longer reach than what actually shows, I can't count the number of times ive been hit by a 100% miss understab that just somehow magically reaches me.

https://clips.twitch.tv/SparklyEnthusiasticSoybeanTinyFace
example

Image example:
d918ac5eed50e89a1f49cd6c1b512097.jpg

Duke 2266 4004
  • 10 May
 Huggles

FOV issue with the camera not being directly on your eyeballs. The stab is not broken and on his screen he very clearly hit you.

Knight 906 2495
  • 10 May
 Pred

@Huggles said:
FOV issue with the camera not being directly on your eyeballs. The stab is not broken and on his screen he very clearly hit you.

The animation is horrible on lower stabs though. The first guy who had figured it out a few months into alpha made a career on that.

That's why I wish we had it on bind stab, it's a big disadvantage as it only has mid stab lmao.

162 124

Looks like a clear hit

Knight 462 446

@Huggles said:

so the only way to predict hits is to lower your fov to 50 so you can actually see what your character sees? On my screen it looks like hes a whole meter off my face

Knight 75 158

That's not broken whatsoever. He's simply performing a right underhand thrust while looking up to mask the Distance and the look of his attack to hit you. I do these occasionally with 2h swords like the Estoc, which is suited for it perfectly.

Knight 462 446

@ArmedSpartan said:
That's not broken whatsoever. He's simply performing a right underhand thrust while looking up to mask the Distance and the look of his attack to hit you. I do these occasionally with 2h swords like the Estoc, which is suited for it perfectly.

he's not masking the distance, look at the clip and screenshot, on my screen i can very clearly see the tip of the blade NOT hit my character, its not even close, but like the other guy said its probably a camera issue

Duke 2266 4004
  • 10 May
 Huggles

@DOESNOTCOMPUTE said:

@Huggles said:

so the only way to predict hits is to lower your fov to 50 so you can actually see what your character sees? On my screen it looks like hes a whole meter off my face

no, you just get used to it and learn that it doesn't have to go through your camera to hit you.

Setting camera distance to 0 or forward can make it less egregious for minimum FOV cost

Knight 462 446

@Huggles said:

@DOESNOTCOMPUTE said:

@Huggles said:

no, you just get used to it and learn that it doesn't have to go through your camera to hit you.

Setting camera distance to 0 or forward can make it less egregious for minimum FOV cost

Is there still a camera distance option? I remember there being one in alpha but I can't seem to find it

777 1028

Yeahh can we get some view model options? I find it odd having a view of my hands designed for like 90fov when i am using 130.

162 124

Yeah usually I get motion sickness by the viewmodel

Count 130 216
  • 11 May
 Pariah

@DOESNOTCOMPUTE said:
It bugs out the hitbox of whatever weapon you are using giving it longer reach than what actually shows, I can't count the number of times ive been hit by a 100% miss understab that just somehow magically reaches me.

https://clips.twitch.tv/SparklyEnthusiasticSoybeanTinyFace
example

Image example:
d918ac5eed50e89a1f49cd6c1b512097.jpg

Yeah that looks like it's connecting as intended - I feel your pain 100% though.
I get clipped by these pretty regularly as I frequently try to matrix out of a stab if there's enough distance.

2 1
  • 11 May
 seansologo

It's just the camera that's broken :) Totally not important in a game where you're swinging large deadly weapons at each other and need to keep track of the length of their weapon. /s

101 169
  • 11 May
 Sektor

Set fov to 101 and try out r.upscale.panini.d 0.1