Mordhau

is there a way to purchase gold with real money?

210 197
  • 15 May
 recurf

@Trey said:
With XP progression being one-directional and with no requirement of any demonstrable skill to get XP (You can be dead last every match and still be awarded XP and gold), I don't necessarily put as much stock into cosmetics as "status symbols" as you seem to. If there were skill-locked cosmetics, that would be another thing entirely, and frankly I would love the shit out of something like that. As it stands, however, the only thing having a 60k helmet does for you currently as a status symbol is tell everyone else you spend way too much time on a game.

What is sadder, spending 10hours to unlock a virtual item (while enjoying the game). Or spending $20 to unlock a virtual item.

Pretty obvious

942 292

PLEASE NO GOLD MICROTRANSACTIONS now cosmetics im fine with

777 1029

@Trey said:
As it stands, however, the only thing having a 60k helmet does for you currently as a status symbol is tell everyone else you spend way too much time on a game.

What is the point of having anything unlockable through gameplay only? You can use your argument for ruining every fucking game, so where does it end?

"I want all the mordhau achievements cause i don't have the time to unlock them the proper way and i want them and i'm rich. As it stands currently they only show you who plays the game too much anyway."

"I don't have the time to grind out all the levels in Diablo to get to Hell, just let me pay for max level, as it stands this is merely a symbol that you spend too much time playing the game."

"I don't have the time to search for and meet the requirements for all the armor in dark souls, just let me pay to get it all in my inventory from the start of the game. Finding it legit is for losers who play too much."

I'm not surprised someone who actually wants microtransactions in games has so little respect for games as an art, or the people who invest the time to experience said art as intended...

10 3
  • 15 May
 HoneyBadger

are you actually mental?

9 18
  • 15 May
 Trey

@smellycathawk said:

@Trey said:
As it stands, however, the only thing having a 60k helmet does for you currently as a status symbol is tell everyone else you spend way too much time on a game.

What is the point of having anything unlockable through gameplay only? You can use your argument for ruining every fucking game, so where does it end?

"I want all the mordhau achievements cause i don't have the time to unlock them the proper way and i want them and i'm rich. As it stands currently they only show you who plays the game too much anyway."

"I don't have the time to grind out all the levels in Diablo to get to Hell, just let me pay for max level, as it stands this is merely a symbol that you spend too much time playing the game."

"I don't have the time to search for and meet the requirements for all the armor in dark souls, just let me pay to get it all in my inventory from the start of the game. Finding it legit is for losers who play too much."

I'm not surprised someone who actually wants microtransactions in games has so little respect for games as an art, or the people who invest the time to experience said art as intended...

You're kinda cute when you're angry.

104 70
  • 15 May
 urm

@Trey said:

@smellycathawk said:

@Trey said:

You're kinda cute when you're angry.

If you wanted people to take you seriously, trust me, this is not the way you do it...

367 340
  • 15 May
 Peacerer

I can buy it easy. You pay for my gold with your blood.

gold3.JPG

Conscript 10 11

I swear to god 2 days after release i saw a post on leddit saying "devs add microtransactions if you need to, i wanna support community!" Look guy. Your wife's boyfriend works hard for that money, and if your REALLY wanna spend it go get some sweet merch. Also the gold progression system helps new players. If you just buy the game, and you see a dude in full gothic plate mail, with a longsword that looks like it belongs in an mmorpg, wrecking the battlefield this might be an indicator to low skills that they should not press this assault and find another avenue of attack. However if EVERYONE has that stuff on then its just gonna be. So many salty "CoMmUnIty iS CaNcER TrYhArds. GaMe Is BrOkEn." Steam reviews that i can actually taste the soy when i read them. No microtransactions now, not ever. Thank you mordhau that you didnt include that in this game, and thank god good games are still being made.

91 104
  • 15 May
 takemura

@Antoniokontos said:

NOTHING microtransactions, fuck off.

26 31
  • 15 May
 Cro

The game doesn't have a lot of progression besides XP, gold and improving your skill as a player.
By buying the gold you take away a fun part of the game.
I actually wish some things would be more expensive so it feels more rewarding to unlock them.

367 340
  • 15 May
 Peacerer

Keep the blood flooding...

gold4.JPG

777 1029

@Peacerer said:

gold3.JPG

this guy looks seriously disappointed

367 340
  • 16 May
 Peacerer

@smellycathawk said:

@Peacerer said:

gold3.JPG

this guy looks seriously disappointed

Indeed he probably is, looking at developers implemented nothing but the trash along their glorified 2h weapons.

942 292

@takemura said:

@Antoniokontos said:

NOTHING microtransactions, fuck off.

jesus, calm down I was just saying if they are going to something like a background or something like that something cosmetic to the user not something that makes it pay to win

Baron 495 1379

Ah! Now here's a solution; make transactions between players only. "Buy/Trade/Sell" No gold created out of nothing.
But if the OP for example to wants to pay Peacerer $40 real bucks for his 60k Gold and a Peacerer's sword skin, that, I might be okay with...

Talking about those who "spend too much time in the game" can make real money from it. ;)

Some real Landsknechts up in it.

942 292

@•҉Ɓaron voŋ Moorland said:
Ah! Now here's a solution; make transactions between players only. "Buy/Trade/Sell" No gold created out of nothing.
But if the OP for example to wants to pay Peacerer $40 real bucks for his 60k Gold and a Peacerer's sword skin, that, I might be okay with...

Talking about those who "spend too much time in the game" can make real money from it. ;)

now that I can get behind

Mercenary 1076 1997

Imagine unironically asking for ingame currency microtransactions lul

Mercenary 2185 3899

Seems like even worse idea tbh. Players shouldn't be profitting from M'Devs hardwork.

942 292

@EruTheTeapot said:

Seems like even worse idea tbh. Players shouldn't be profitting from M'Devs hardwork.

55% goes to devs rest to player who sold

Knight 7579 13875
  • 16 May
 ToLazy4Name

@EruTheTeapot said:

Why?