Mordhau

Players Skipping Recovery

Mercenary 51 50
  • 10 May
 Uktuli

Has anyone else run into a player comboing with a weapon that can't combo? I was playing Frontline earlier and a player missed a right swing with the maul, and immediately transitioned to a left swing. He absolutely did not have a 900ms recovery period, or any recovery period for that matter. I wasn't expecting the second swing and took one to the head.

Mercenary 1855 6980
  • 10 May
 ThunderDuck

Must've been a sledgehammer

Mercenary 51 50
  • 10 May
 Uktuli

@ThunderDuck said:

It was definitely a maul. It had a maul skin, and the kill reported it as a maul.

3 1
  • 11 May
 Arkavyn

Yep, that's definitely an issue I've experienced myself. I play on a 1v1 duel server and some guy with a maul destroys everyone due to the lack of any real downtime between swings, and most notably stabs. 25 fucking damage for a stab from a blunt weapon that weighs a crap ton, how does any human being get enough force into a stab with something that heavy and cumbersome to do that much damage?

Knight 223 514
  • 11 May
 Duckalot

If you suspect a guy is cheating, please provide a moderator with evidence and link the the suspects steam profile.
Havnt heard of this happening before, might be a bug, might be cheating.

Knight 44 55
  • 11 May
 Josh

Weapons without combo do seem to be able to "combo" when they clash, so unless it happened constantly and without clashes then that might've been it?

523 566
  • 12 May
 Deadmode

Or it was a late-windup feint to opposite swing? Common technique for maul as it throws people off A LOT.

3 9

It was most likely what Deadmode stated, a late/windup feint, as a maul-only player, I get a lot of people who believe I somehow ignore the downtime too, because of certain drags/feints.

Mercenary 1855 6980
  • 13 May
 ThunderDuck

@ThunderDuck said:

ok turns out they can't combo either, couldn't remember

1 0
  • 13 May
 Igniz.

For me, the devs need to nerf the "parry after combo" , when you land an attack, you can simply skip the recovery phase by combo+parry, doing this make the fight unpunished for misses, you have to be punished for having missed an attack.

Mercenary 1855 6980
  • 13 May
 ThunderDuck

@Igniz. said:
For me, the devs need to nerf the "parry after combo" , when you land an attack, you can simply skip the recovery phase by combo+parry, doing this make the fight unpunished for misses, you have to be punished for having missed an attack.

The stamina cost to do this is punishment enough imo. Cftp is really important for the flow of the game