Mordhau
Mordhau Merch
Check out our merch shop!

Cloth animation/simulation not working - GeForce NVIDIA GTX 1070

37 49
  • 10 May '19
 Deckard112

No matter what option I choose in the settings, it will only work on my characters.

I find that absolutely annoying af. I saw it multiple times in gameplay videos and I find it so epic. Very unfortunate I can’t enjoy it.

Is there some way to get this marked as “investigated” bc otherwise I will probably make a post like this once a week bc anytime I play the game & see someone’s Tabards glued to their legs I’m gettin micro agressions.

988 6974
  • 11 May '19
 marox — Project Lead

Check p.clothphysics in console, if that is 0 then cloth will be disabled, so make sure it is 1. Similarly, check r.skeletalmeshlodbias in console and make sure its 0.

Knight 60 70
  • 11 May '19
 Bear264

Same GPU, and I am having this issue too. The weird thing is cloth physics sometimes work when teammates spawn by me, but are otherwise not working. I'll try out the console commands.

Knight 60 70
  • 11 May '19
 Bear264

I made sure all of the console stuff was in order, and tested this with a friend (he also has a 1070). and here is what we found

the cloth physics only turn on when you get close and then look away
then when you back away the physics turn off

It looks to me like the only thing that isn't working as intended is the looking away part. It's worth noting not all cloth items do this.
It seems "crude plate skirt" is working as intended but "longskirt divided" is not.

EDIT: this test was done in deathmatch. Playing in frontline it looks like all cloth physics are off except for my own regardless of looking away or not, and cloth items.

EDIT 2: playing a bit more in frontline and paying closer attention, I was able to get some of the cloth items physics working with the look away method, some of the cloth items flat out didn't work, and only the "crude plate skirt" seemed to be working.

37 49
  • 16 May '19
 Deckard112

@Bear264 said:
I made sure all of the console stuff was in order, and tested this with a friend (he also has a 1070). and here is what we found

the cloth physics only turn on when you get close and then look away
then when you back away the physics turn off

It looks to me like the only thing that isn't working as intended is the looking away part. It's worth noting not all cloth items do this.
It seems "crude plate skirt" is working as intended but "longskirt divided" is not.

EDIT: this test was done in deathmatch. Playing in frontline it looks like all cloth physics are off except for my own regardless of looking away or not, and cloth items.

EDIT 2: playing a bit more in frontline and paying closer attention, I was able to get some of the cloth items physics working with the look away method, some of the cloth items flat out didn't work, and only the "crude plate skirt" seemed to be working.

Thank you so much for that information.

I hope this gets fixed. Can we someone report this in a more serious matter? I have a feeling this will not be fixed in the near future. If ever.

37 49
  • 16 May '19
 Deckard112

Didn’t work... do you know if this bug is recognized and being worked on? I know it’s nothing serious but Im sure there are many more people who suffer from the same bug - but don’t come all the way to the forum to file it.

Knight 60 70
  • 16 May '19
 Bear264

@Deckard112 said:
I hope this gets fixed. Can we someone report this in a more serious matter? I have a feeling this will not be fixed in the near future. If ever.

We are already have video of the bug, are bumping this thread, AND Marox himself posted here. I think the only thing left we could realistically do is more testing.

37 49
  • 17 May '19
 Deckard112

@marox said:
Check p.clothphysics in console, if that is 0 then cloth will be disabled, so make sure it is 1. Similarly, check r.skeletalmeshlodbias in console and make sure its 0.

Have you read what bear264 posted? The video is very good material for you guys to work on that bug.

Just trying to make sure it gets thru big man! :)

37 49
  • 20 May '19
 Deckard112

@Bear264 said:

@Deckard112 said:

We are already have video of the bug, are bumping this thread, AND Marox himself posted here. I think the only thing left we could realistically do is more testing.

Could you give me a link to the video so I can post it on Reddit?

37 49
  • 2 Jun '19
 Deckard112

@marox said:

Sorry sir, but did thou watch the video?