Mordhau

Think on buying game, worried about idle player/lute player.

19 9
  • 10 May '19
 Gterry180

Buy the game. Trust me and probably 1 million people here soon.

4 2
  • 10 May '19
 SerpentDrago

Seriously ?

So you want the devs to take action against a harmless fun part of the game ?

You could always run your own "lute players banned " server , make your own rules !

148 229
  • 10 May '19
 elToroGuapo

Fucking tryhard nerds, i hope the devs put bagpipes too.

Knight 58 78
  • 10 May '19
 男の娘

you can still topscore as a luteplayer, if you carry 2 medpacks with you

1 1
  • 10 May '19
 KheJerry

I think you all forgoten that this game was created for fun, not for only win, this class of people ussualy be toxic players...
U can use your lute, u can use your bow, you can dance in the fkn game so, stop crying and go, do what you want, but dont make the other people do what you want.

2 10
  • 10 May '19
 Jesus_Of_IRL

As a Lute player I find this absolutely laughable. Yes I play Lute, but it raises my mens morale! Proven! When I come around rocking some Breaking Benjamin I see them fight multitudes better. On top of that I don't only carry a Lute lol. I have my longsword for when those thirsty players run through everyone to target Bards. I carry a med pack to continue to aid my team. I also play music on the point! So where's this non objective non productive bard you're talking about? What about in actual wars when they used drummers for cadence? You think they complained about the one guys not helping fight? lol

4 3
  • 10 May '19
 Rawrzor

Specially opened my account on the forums just to comment on this thread. I consider myself a pretty competitive player and will always try my hardest to win games (read tryhard). That said i never kill lute players aslong as they don't get in my way opponents or mates.

It's mostly 2 to 4 players that play "troll builds" divided over both teams and to be honest i don't mind people doing this. If we loose i can hardly imagine the one guy in our team thats playing the lute is actually the reason we are loosing. Well unless he is a pro veteran chivalry player and even then the rest of the 31 players in your team should be able to do something.

To not get the game souly because of these few lute players is laughable. Also on another note frontline is NOT competitive in the slightest. Any serious player can be found in skirmishes or duel server and lute players are sofar not found in skirmishes/not a problem in duel servers.

Oh well do whatever you want matey but your reasons for not getting the game are the wrong ones.

111 54
  • 10 May '19
 yvesgomes

Short answer is that there aren't very many of the, so they aren't a big factor in the big modes. They're more fun than a balance concern. And I'm normally very bitchy about balance.

172 85
  • 10 May '19
 Mackintoke

@Sephiroth87xz said:

Not understand why talking of a potentially distruptive feature of the gameplay is trolling but if this is an example of the playerbase i do the right choice to not buy the game, bye.

There is a way to delete the account or moderator can do it, not need anymore.

... Wow... I mean... just... wow. Like are you for real? That's your problem with this game? lmao. You sir need to chill out and pour yourself a nice alcoholic beverage. I was shredding some Pantera on my Lute and my one and only team mate was WRECKING 3 OTHER GUYS ALL BY HIMSELF, all thanks to LuteBot's magical ability to bring in Dimebag Darrel's legendary guitar riffs.

If you want serious games pick the serious servers, that's all mate, the Lute is the least of your concerns. Out of 10 matches or so last night, there was only one where there was one try hard guy complaining "come on team play serious we're getting wrecked" even though we were in the lead by 200 points and still won the match lol. That guy was anal retentive.

172 85
  • 10 May '19
 Mackintoke

@elToroGuapo said:
Fucking tryhard nerds, i hope the devs put bagpipes too.

FUCK YAH BAG PIPES MOTHERFUCEKR DOOO EEEEEEET

3 2
  • 10 May '19
 ΛCypheir

Really get sick of the "just have fun argument." Also get very frustrated with lute players. Seems 20% of lute players are pros who could whoop your ass with it, the rest are people who use it because the other team is trying, raping, and your team is now giving up...

Would be fine with lutes if there's no penalty for you or your team if you kill friendly lute players. Most of the time they're just spamming hyper annoying NES midis.

Also would be much happier if I had the option to mute a players lute. This is for the same reason that on most all game servers with VOIP built in, you get banned or kicked for streaming music. Some of us don't want to deal with it, and it's really only fun for the troll.

777 1031
  • 11 May '19
 smellycathawk

@ΛCypheir said:
Some of us don't want to deal with it, and it's really only fun for the troll.

A bunch of people in the comments above you literally just said how it's fun for them. Are they all troll lute players?

530 281
  • 11 May '19
 Christian2222

This could all be solved if lutes just gave a slight buff, slight health or slight stamina regen =/

777 1031
  • 11 May '19
 smellycathawk

@Christian2222 said:
This could all be solved if lutes just gave a slight buff, slight health or slight stamina regen =/

I already fight better with a lutist around

20 28
  • 11 May '19
 AjaxTheLesser

This thread is actually worthless

777 1031
201 402
  • 11 May '19
 serbish

tactically speaking, an idle lute player does serve as excellent form of bait

10 4

Protector of the Realm and Bards. Ours and enemies.

2 10
  • 11 May '19
 Jesus_Of_IRL

@SherbershLemel said:
tactically speaking, an idle lute player does serve as excellent form of bait

This! lmao. I don't know how many times I stood somewhere playing to have a bunch of thirsters charge me down just to have my team ambush them from around the wall lol

5 7
  • 11 May '19
 Darth_Rancid

I played Skirmish earlier today, my team had a Lute Player, the other team did not. We won.
Our Lute Dude mainly ran about the field playing music, but on more than one occation he lured greedy enemy players to chase after him for an easy kill, (he was a shirtless lute player), and on more than one occation the enemies became so target fixated that they did not see the maul comming towards their faces. He was both fun and helpful to the team. Someone from the opposing team named him our Most Valuable Player in the text chat...