Mordhau

Nerf Cavalry!

2 8
  • 10 May
 Lorps

I originally liked this game but something is completely ruining my games. CAVALRY! Horses are the most overpowered thing in this game right now. They are nearly impossible to counter in this game and it sucks! I have tried using spears to counter then, ranged weapons to counter them, and other long reaching weapons to counter them. Nothing works well! They are stupidly unfair in this game and it ruins everything because you have this ridiculous horse rider going around picking off people and escaping because horses for some stupid reason can easily run through people without issues.

FIX THIS! Make the horses stagger if they run into too many people, make it so that riders fall off if they get hit by a spear! Why is the exact real life counter to cavalry not able to counter horse riders in this game? Almost every game is ruined by a good cavalry person. Once this is balanced out, I will be so happy.

Count 87 113
  • 10 May
 Pariah

There needs to be a perk that gives Spears like a 3 second bleed kill on moving horses. Sit that around the 2-3 point mark and then people can run legit anti-cav mercs.

Duke 326 908

Horses are quite a pain to deal with - I agree with you. Though if they really annoy you that much, you can equip the billhook which on a successful hit to the rider will yank them off their horse.

254 386

Horses would be balanced if the guy on the ground got the same speed damage bonus. When i nail a horse moving at full speed in the head with a maul while hiding in the bushes for them to go by cause they are killing my whole team repeatedly, the fucking horse should obviously die.

Or if i am using a longsword and i hit the rider going full speed he survives but if he hits me with same weapon i die.

Why give the horseman, who's already got the advantage, even more of an unfair advantage? Is it so the billhook seems less useless?

413 410
  • 10 May
 nohbdy

I just wish you didn't get knocked down and lose like 20 hp when you parry the horse rider's attack, realism be damned. I gave up on trying to hit an oncoming horse rider since the horse just kept flinching me.

5 3

Nah, don't nerf them. Just remove cavalry from the game altogether because they're cancer.

254 386

@Zedb0a587635ff04bdd said:
Nah, don't nerf them. Just remove cavalry from the game altogether because they're cancer.

Just remove the game from the game cause i don't like it

5 3

@smellycathawk said:

Do you think cavalry is fun? Does anyone think cavalry is fun?

254 386

@smellycathawk said:

I think its not fun and so not fun that not only is balancing it out of the question but i insist it is deleted no my position is not to extreme and there is no compromise to cavalry the mechanic that is objectively not fun for anyone ever being deleted period

87 58

I think if a archer lands a headshot on the horserider, the rider should fall of the horse. If they would take the random spread away from the bows, which turns many legit headshots into bodyshots and maybe made the arrows fly just a little bit faster then good archer player had a higer chance of shooting the rider from the horse, especially if they implement the rider falling from the horse on headshot or spearthrow.

But the way it is now horses are just super save and braindead to play. I wrote a lengthy post about class balance suggestions for horserider, archer and engineers:

https://mordhau.com/forum/topic/15396/horse-archer-and-engineer-class-balance-suggestion/#c5

268 354

I think cavalry can be fun. It's little bit too risk-free at the moment for my tastes. But the concept of strong flanking potential is good and important for frontline.

Empress 293 706
  • 10 May
 Soulcatcher

What

If they hit something and stagger the horse they are fucked

Use bilhook to unhorse them

Nobody uses horses smartley in Frontline atm, you just get retards with really bad weapons that can't be couched jumping on them

A player with a coucheable weapon can be a really good assest to the team

They aren't overpowered considering a flock of idiots with long weapons or bows will eventually mow them down

Slowing down hitting a crowd of enemys? bah, should ragdoll the cunts

horses are fine

4 1

@Soulcatcher said:
What

If they hit something and stagger the horse they are fucked

Use bilhook to unhorse them

Nobody uses horses smartley in Frontline atm, you just get retards with really bad weapons that can't be couched jumping on them

A player with a coucheable weapon can be a really good assest to the team

They aren't overpowered considering a flock of idiots with long weapons or bows will eventually mow them down

Slowing down hitting a crowd of enemys? bah, should ragdoll the cunts

horses are fine

Arguable you don't need a couchable weapon. Executioner sword with good timing and movement is best. I can fight at slow speeds much more effectively than with most couchable weapons.

229 225
  • 10 May
 Peacerer

Remove cavalry, remove archery, remove shields, remove firepots, remove throwables, remove catapult, remove ballista etc. Leave a couple of 2h weapons.

I say, make cavalry stronger, give them laser beams.

4 1

@Peacerer said:
Remove cavalry, remove archery, remove shields, remove firepots, remove throwables, remove catapult, remove ballista etc. Leave a couple of 2h weapons.

I say, make cavalry stronger, give them laser beams.

And gun shields, dont forget gun shields

19 39
  • 10 May
 Dekkers

Giving others a bonus when hitting cavalry makes sense. In Warband both cavalry and infantry get a hit bonus, so in that regard it is more fair.

At the moment, if you are somewhat competent, you can hardly be stopped: https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/790856429804703164/2A3BD37EDE67BD04D16CFA6CA2E0048D51799719/

A perk against cavalry could work too. Most perks at the moment are just a joke. The perks can really use some work in my opinion.

6 2
  • 12 May
 Faith

I will spend my entire game mounted if I could, it's about my favorite thing and easily countered.... certain aspects need to be buffed.

I think it should be a viable way to play the game and needs more love if anything. I would like to see more horses available, perks and decent mounted weapons.

Most people using horses a utter retards.... I have an actual horse riding character specifically for that and if I play hard I can get a crazy good KD.

If you got a rider problem get on the ballista, easy win.

I would like to horse spawns increased as there is nothing worse than sitting in spawns waiting on a horse watching someone with a rapier or arming sword ride off....

The clipping in the maps is in pretty poor condition as I will jammed up loads and my horse will rear in a situation it really shouldn't have.

I want a perk so I can heal my horse or something similar.

If someone decides to move onto me left side to avoid my spear / lance and stands directly in front of the horse they should be knocked down as well as damaged (galloping horse and all).

Not each map has Lances and the spear EATS points from my build.

I agree if I am riding at you and you hit me you should gain a bonus to damage as well for sure...

Conscript 98 420

Hahahahahah how the fuck is cavalry OP real just step away from the horse nigga hahahahaha like use the billhook nigga

Conscript 98 420

@smellycathawk said:

Yes. Also Billhook you DUMMY

268 354

Holy shit. You guys really think you are successful on the horses because you are good players.