Mordhau

Vote Kick

141 222
  • 9 May '19
 DylanS_98

Alright. I really didn't want to resort to this but at this point I'm honestly getting fed up with the amount of biased, skewed vote kicks that I keep being the target of in almost every game I end up in. Just to provide a few scenarios.

A.) I'm killing the other team and one guy on the other side is upset about. So he spams vote kick until it goes through.
B.) Guy on my team gets mad at me for 'reason' and starts trying to TK me, when I go to defend my self and end up killing him he vote kicks me claiming 'This guy is TK'ing us!!! Vote kick him quick!!'
C.) I get vote kicked because I said something someone didn't like, or took offense to it.

If all you're going to say is 'well thats just how democracy works!!' then please move along, cause at this point I get kicked out of at least 1 out of 4 games because petty ass people getting infuriated with something I did or said in a video game of all things. Please for the love of god modify the amount of people required to vote or provide some team damage indicator to the vote to provide MORE info to the kick or have it be an overwhelming sweep in terms of Yes .vs. No.

I know a lot of you will probably say this doesn't happen to you, or you're probably deserving of it; but the plain truth of the matter is - I just have terrible luck and I find this kind of stuff happens non-stop. I get stuck a lot in the game, team killed, etc. Does it upset me sometimes? Sure, but I continue to play and get over it in a matter of seconds. But when I get vote kicked for something as stupid as 'well you used the catapult and tk'd me and i came back and tried to kill you and failed so YOU NEED TO BE KICKED!!!' It really just gets out of hand. It's like I'm expected to NEVER TK with an AoE weapon.

TL;DR

Vote kick is a skewed, biased system. It keeps screwing me out of my rewards (experience and gold) due to shitty, petty players. Change it for the love of god.

141 222
  • 9 May '19
 DylanS_98

If anything. Disable it on Official servers and add a threshold for team damage to kick a player out. Can't even play with my friends half of the time because someone gets upset with me every other game.

Count 131 220
  • 10 May '19
 Pariah

@DylanS_98 said:
If anything. Disable it on Official servers and add a threshold for team damage to kick a player out. Can't even play with my friends half of the time because someone gets upset with me every other game.

There needs to be more than just a TD threshold though unfortunately.
If someone's being toxic, racist, homophobic etc in chat, then the kick needs to be available. There isn't a metric in-game that can measure that, so having thresholds that need to be met sort of removes this as an option.

If it's the same people doing it to you, get some evidence that you're being targeted and take it to the mods.

Also, best strat for dealing with salty team mates is to just parry them whenever they swing at you while hammering your "No" voice command. Chances are, your teammates will probably intervene and either kill them for you, or VK them. Not everyone on this game is an asshole, and most of us are willing to help a brother out if someone's being a dick.

Knight 61 42
  • 10 May '19
 Optimates

@Pariah said:

@DylanS_98 said:

There needs to be more than just a TD threshold though unfortunately.
If someone's being toxic, racist, homophobic etc in chat, then the kick needs to be available. There isn't a metric in-game that can measure that, so having thresholds that need to be met sort of removes this as an option.

If it's the same people doing it to you, get some evidence that you're being targeted and take it to the mods.

Also, best strat for dealing with salty team mates is to just parry them whenever they swing at you while hammering your "No" voice command. Chances are, your teammates will probably intervene and either kill them for you, or VK them. Not everyone on this game is an asshole, and most of us are willing to help a brother out if someone's being a dick.

Votekicking is an important thing, most servers are run as a service to the community and the community should have a democratic voice in how they are run. The function does need some improvement though.

Displaying a reason within the votekick interface, so everyone can see why they should be kicked, and then also displaying the percent of their damage that is team damage, so if they are simply TKing they can be more swiftly brought to unanimous justice.

Yes it would be better also to have something like community moderators comprised of regular, mature players who would be able to kick and ban players for these sorts of things, but that just isn't viable for a lot of servers.

141 222
  • 13 May '19
 DylanS_98

Yeah I'm standing firm in the idea that vote kick is an abusable system that mostly imbeciles resort to using when losing, upset, etc.

Just today been vote kicked three times for 'doing too good'. Whether it be me on foot, or on a siege weapon. Just seems like I can't play the game. But not ONLY can I not play when kicked, I lose my gold and experience too. If I got compensation when being kicked I'd be fine but I don't - system needs an overhaul or just removed.

Democracy in a salty cunt-filled game isn't a good idea. Let people vote on maps, not on who can and can't play.

Knight 61 42
  • 17 May '19
 Optimates

@DylanS_98 said:
Yeah I'm standing firm in the idea that vote kick is an abusable system that mostly imbeciles resort to using when losing, upset, etc.

Just today been vote kicked three times for 'doing too good'. Whether it be me on foot, or on a siege weapon. Just seems like I can't play the game. But not ONLY can I not play when kicked, I lose my gold and experience too. If I got compensation when being kicked I'd be fine but I don't - system needs an overhaul or just removed.

Democracy in a salty cunt-filled game isn't a good idea. Let people vote on maps, not on who can and can't play.

As it sort of always ends up in these kinds of discussions, the onus is on you to come up with a system that works better than votekicking.

Although it has the undesired side effect of kicking people simply for being disliked rather than actually doing anything wrong, there isn't really any better way to remove players who abuse the freedom the game provides to ruin the experience for everyone else.

Also, I do want to add that being rude/distasteful in chat and generally irritating to other players in ways that borderline votekickable offenses, that you shouldn't be surprised if other players unanimously agree they would rather play without you. To avoid that, just modify your behaviour even a tad. It's not a big ask.

Knight 61 42
  • 17 May '19
 Optimates

Also, should note that enemies can't votekick you anymore since the last patch which might go towards removing some discretions you mentioned in your first post.

32 14
  • 17 May '19
 As5Hat

yeah man its a brutal problem. happened to me a few times but mainly in dueling server. someone doesnt like me or is mad i keep killing them then they hit me from behind and i defend myself. i end up killing them and then all of a sudden im an rdmer and i get kicked because he spans the chat to kick me. It's honestly ruining the game