Mordhau

Suggestions so far: Stamina & Bloodlust Rework

7 0
  • 9 May '19
 Kilaen

Sprinting should cost a very, very, very small stamina drain over time.
Yes, I know it already prevents regen, but this would tighten up a lot of encounters. You would have to decide on whether or not to run away from a fight at low hp/stamina or keep fighting. Even jumping costs stamina, so it would make sense.

Parrying should cost more stamina.
Just see below..

Making contact should still cost stamina, but only very little.
You still had to swing your weapon. As it is now, the game promotes being overly aggressive and maniacal. Swinging a big weapon should definitely cost you, but for the sake of balance not too much more than vice versa.

Bloodlust should not instantly heal you to full.
Instead, it should instantly engage the faster regen similar to Tenacious. It can even be 120% regen speed or whatever! With certain builds, this is a very very cheesy perk. I love the concept, but it's kinda silly at times. This would open the opportunity to interrupt a Bloodluster's regen by getting hit or sprinting too soon.

46 42
  • 9 May '19
 123mop

@Kilaen said:
Parrying should always cost stamina.
The tradeoff variable should be weapon speed. More speed=higher stamina cost to parry. This sounds backwards, I know, but it might confront the spear/rapier cheeseball complaints simultaneously. Now I'm not saying it should be much more at all, but you should also be able to tire out your target similar to shield users. A small weapon blocking a large weapon should definitely cost you, but for the sake of balance not too much more than vice versa.

You make it very hard to listen to your suggestions when you demonstrate that you don't understand how the mechanics work. This exact functionality is already in the game.

7 0
  • 9 May '19
 Kilaen

I do understand how the mechanics work. I'm suggesting an alteration to how the cost is determined.

7 0
  • 9 May '19
 Kilaen

The Parry Drain Negation should be calculated against the blocked weapon's Stamina Drain, instead of a hard value. So, parrying a bigger weapon with a small weapon could cost more to parry.

Knight 697 1611
  • 9 May '19
 das

Parrying should always cost stamina.

I do understand how the mechanics work. I'm suggesting an alteration to how the cost is determined.

The Parry Drain Negation should be calculated against the blocked weapon's Stamina Drain, instead of a hard value. So, parrying a bigger weapon with a small weapon could cost more to parry.

???

7 0
  • 9 May '19
 Kilaen

You all are very constructive. (sarcasm)

Example:
Instead of a rapier costing 10 stamina to parry any weapon from dagger to zweihander, it should be variable.

As is: Parry Drain Negation: 10
Idea: Parry Drain Negation: (blockedWepStamDrain * .5 Inertia) + 10 Base PDN

This example assumes a constant of 50% of the incoming swing's inertia being transferred to the blocking person's parry cost, plus the base 10. This could be anything, but I'm using 50% arbitrarily.

So, Rapier (10 Parry Drain Negation) blocks a Zweihander (20 Stamina Drain): (20 SD * .5 Inertia) + 10 Base PDN = 20 Total PDN for the rapier wielder when blocking a Zweihander swing, instead of just 10.

I believe this a nice balance because the rapier wielder is still fast enough to jab and dance around a Zwei wielder very quickly. When he does need to parry that monstrous attack, it's gonna suck. It creates a consequence for quick moving players taking on hefty guys.

On the flip side, if a Zwei blocks a rapier: (15 SD * .5 Inertia) + 13 PDN = 21.5 Total PDN instead of just 13.

It's an increased cost for both sides, but makes faster guys have to compensate for their amazing speed.

1756 1814
  • 10 May '19
 SWSeriousMike

That's hilarious. In your example a rapier would parry a zweihander without stamina cost. You don't know how the mechanics work. You really don't. There are tooltips in the loadout. Read them.

7 0
  • 10 May '19
 Kilaen

Okay.. you all are literally inept or trolls. I pulled values directly from the Advanced Stats in the loadout screen.

1 0
  • 10 May '19
 Badgerlicious

That's already how stamina drain works. Weapons have a stamina drain value and a stamina drain negation on parry.

(Attacking stamina weapon's drain) - (parrying weapon's stamina drain negation) = (total stamina drained from whoever's parrying)

That's why people aren't taking you seriously. Also you equation ends up as 0 cost to parry for the rapier user, and -6.5 for the zwei.

7 0
  • 10 May '19
 Kilaen

So my suggestion is cast aside because a formula already exists?

Also, how does..

X = (20 * .5) + 10
X = 10 + 10
X = 20

..actually equal 0?

As is, SD - PDN just isn't enough cost in my opinion. My suggestion is that the PDN should be ADDED TO, not SUBTRACTED FROM, the incoming weapon's SD in some fashion. It would no longer be Parry Drain Negation, but simply an added Parry Drain.

A very warm and collaborative community thus far. I'll no longer be giving my input. Well done.

My Bloodlust rework suggestion also still stands.

Thank you

1756 1814
  • 10 May '19
 SWSeriousMike

Finally. Thank you!

7 0
  • 10 May '19
 Kilaen

@SWSeriousMike said:
Finally. Thank you!

Go troll elsewhere and read about PEMDAS.

162 125
1756 1814
  • 10 May '19
 SWSeriousMike

@Kilaen said:
Go troll elsewhere and read about PEMDAS.

You haven't even checked your equation, genius. You should rather apologize for wasting everybodies' time instead of blaming others.