Mordhau

What's the point?

7 3

What's the point of these specific key bindings for strikes if they don't work as it should ( I guess ) and like the 'hint' is saying.
So normal strike is based on the marker on your crosshair in the middle of your screen, but if I bind a key to specific left or right strike it still act as a normal strike bind.
So for example I bind left strike to a key, but when I push it when the arrow on the crosshair is to the left I still make a right swing.
So what's the point????????????????????????????????????

Mercenary 51 50
 Uktuli

Turn off "Mouse X-Axis Flips Attack Side" in the controls section of settings.

It should be changed to be off by default.

96 128
  • 9 May
 Reapy

Yeah I had an issue where I had rebound a button to thrust, but it was also bound to something else and I didn't notice, so the button was acting weird for a long while and I didn't realize it. The game warns you when you rebind things but it's not going to clean up everything for you when juggling the controls around so you have to go through every bind and make sure you haven't doubled up on anything.

111 53
  • 9 May
 yvesgomes

I'm having the impression that my morphs aren't keeping the direction of the attack. So, I do a left thrust and my swing of its morph comes form the right (pretty sure). I wonder if I messed up the control options, or if I am misinterpreting my morphs.

7 3

@Uktuli said:
Turn off "Mouse X-Axis Flips Attack Side" in the controls section of settings.

It should be changed to be off by default.

Ok, thnx will try that out asap

96 128
  • 9 May
 Reapy

@yvesgomes said:
I'm having the impression that my morphs aren't keeping the direction of the attack. So, I do a left thrust and my swing of its morph comes form the right (pretty sure). I wonder if I messed up the control options, or if I am misinterpreting my morphs.

I'm fairly certain morphs have to stay to the same side if it's a morph, so if you thrust left then slash you can only morph to left swings and visa versa. The timing is pretty quick, so you have so hit them one after the other to get it and can't delay. If you are swapping it up you might be feinting out of the swing and attacking rather than doing the morph.

111 53
  • 9 May
 yvesgomes

@Reapy said:

@yvesgomes said:

I'm fairly certain morphs have to stay to the same side if it's a morph, so if you thrust left then slash you can only morph to left swings and visa versa. The timing is pretty quick, so you have so hit them one after the other to get it and can't delay. If you are swapping it up you might be feinting out of the swing and attacking rather than doing the morph.

Thanks. I'm quite sure I'm not feinting. But I must be doing something wrong, maybe pressing the buttons quickly enough so that the stab doesn't register or gets overridden by the swing. It's even possible I'm doing the stab when I'm on some sort of recovery, though that is unlikely, because I tend to use morphs when I'm sprinting towards people, not right after recoveries.