Mordhau

Active Parry?

96 128
  • 9 May
 Reapy

Just wanted to get some clarity on this mechanic, I saw some people mention it. This gives you blocking while you are in windup on a ripost? Does it work with every weapon, or it's just part of the buckler and targe? I've had a lot of success in groups just blocking once then riposting and sweeping through incoming attacks. Looking at it in slow motion sometimes it seems I sometimes accidently chamber, so not sure if it's active parry or just luck and/or me interrupting.

Not 100% sure on it and just wanted to know if anybody could clarify it?

24 20

This mechanic is no longer in-game as far as I know.
P.S. your warband videos really helped me back in the day, thanks for producing them

104 70
  • 9 May
 urm

I'm pretty sure the only unique quality of the ripostes is being unflinchable. Otherwise they are just like a normal attack.
What you are referring to sounds like usual chambering and/or clashing.

96 128
  • 9 May
 Reapy

Thanks crusher! Doing some ones for mordhau, though trix seems to have it done better than I could, I still want to make one for fun even though I'm still learning! Honestly trying to explain the mechanics keeps leading me to questions so it's helping me a lot too.

With the active parry it was in the patch just before release a lot of the players said it was back in a small capacity, maybe it's just on the buckler. That unflinchable makes a lot of sense explaining it, I'll have to try to play around tonight and see if that's it, it's hard to set up in regular games to test.

162 124

active parry is in but with a small frame

96 128
  • 9 May
 Reapy

So it's on all weapons?

96 128
  • 9 May
 Reapy

Thank you very much!

24 20

Oh that's nice

109 165
  • 9 May
 Speak

@urm said:
I'm pretty sure the only unique quality of the ripostes is being unflinchable.

Huh, I thought that was removed, but I really have no idea (I'm not an Alpha player).

We really need an official, up-to-date list of advanced mechanics like these.

24 20

Uhh, @Schwarzchild it's not in the game. I've tested with some buddies

162 124

Its a really small brief moment/ frame, its hard to pull off for some reason but its in

985 6954
  • 10 May
 marox — Project Lead

It's only around 150ms, so super brief, but enough to be helpful in some edge cases.

109 165
  • 10 May
 Speak

@marox said:
It's only around 150ms, so super brief, but enough to be helpful in some edge cases.

full advanced mechanics list when

(one "advanced mechanic": the damage stats of the lute.)

(but also other stuff like this and riposte's no-flinch armor. stuff that isn't explained and isn't obvious.)