Mordhau

Frontline is inconsistent af compared to dueling, doesn't even feel like the same game

Knight 1269 3810
  • 9 May '19
 Frise

I'm sure you're right despite being objectively wrong.

777 1031
  • 9 May '19
 smellycathawk

Do you know what objective means?

223 202
  • 10 May '19
 recurf

@Peacerer said:
What bothers me mostly (performance wise) is that in full FL server even with like 80+ frames and ~45 ms latency game feels like playing with 30 frames. Often everything (characters, fire on the ground, effects etc) seems kinda floaty.

I agree, I have around 60-70fps but it feels like 20fps. very strange

95 102
  • 10 May '19
 Xanith

@Crumly said:
My computer is from 2011, cost me 2k canadian dollars...I've played chivalry 3500 hours, mordhau 40 hours, split between TDM, DM, and FL

Mordhau feels same in full front line or 1v1 on a duel server.

This thread is full of shit opinions

Same. No idea what all of these people are talking about. 1k hours in Chiv, 30 in Mordhau, PC was built in 2014. Have to turn my settings down to get a decent fps but my rig is getting old. Game still feels flawless and I've had no issues with ping or desyncs or anything which were very common in Chiv even with good ping and fps.

367 341
  • 10 May '19
 Peacerer

@Crumly said:
My computer is from 2011, cost me 2k canadian dollars...I've played chivalry 3500 hours, mordhau 40 hours, split between TDM, DM, and FL

Mordhau feels same in full front line or 1v1 on a duel server.

This thread is full of shit opinions

Even with the best GPUs of 2011 for example HD 6990 or GTX 690 you couldn't run Mordhau. :P

Sure you can run it with 2nd Gen SB CPUs for example i7 2600 and newer GTX 1060. Basically a setup for 250 € can run Mordhau. It will struggle in full FL although.

The point however is full FL server runs like crap compared to other modes. All the time during alpha we had no problems playing DM, TDM, duels etc. FL we only played twice in two rather short occasions, and both times didn't go that well for many players. Basically FL wasn't even sufficiently tested.

1756 1814
  • 10 May '19
 SWSeriousMike

Got your f'ing facts out of here, Peacerer. Let this sorry registered lo- i mean user brag about his wealth!

13 6
  • 10 May '19
 Bɑbɑг

@Peacerer said:
Even with the best GPUs of 2011 for example HD 6990 or GTX 690 you couldn't run Mordhau. :P

This is wrong, I'm running it with a GTX 670OC (and a i5 3570k, so pretty old stuff).
OK it is not perfect and I had to tweak the settings to get a correct experience.
But it is doable

367 341
  • 10 May '19
 Peacerer

@Bɑbɑг said:
But it is doable

Sure, if you enjoy slideshow.

37 49
  • 10 May '19
 Deckard112

@Pariah said:

@Marcus said:

@smellycathawk said:
The game is exactly the same either way.

Then why don't we have 128 player servers? 256 player servers? Answer that and you'll prove your original statement 100% wrong

He's not wrong. The game is the same. The experience is not.

People are playing whatever game modes they feel are the most fun. If they want to get better, which I'd imagine a fair few would, they'll find their way to the duel servers, same as they did with Chiv.

The live release is still young, give it a few months for the playerbase to figure things out.

Exactly. Can we stop making huge deals over everything.

14 35
  • 10 May '19
 hAron

Honestly no difference for me between duels and frontline in terms of stability except the frames. All the mechanics work well, no big packet losses. Having a hard time thinking of last time I've experienced anything you discuss here.

Frontline is fine

13 6
  • 10 May '19
 Bɑbɑг

@Peacerer said:

@Bɑbɑг said:
But it is doable

As I said it's not perfect, but I get something between 60-90 FPS most of the time, so quite far from a slideshow

367 341
  • 10 May '19
 Peacerer

@Bɑbɑг said:

@Peacerer said:

@Bɑbɑг said:
But it is doable

As I said it's not perfect, but I get something between 60-90 FPS most of the time, so quite far from a slideshow

100% you don't get 60-90 frames FHD playing FL unless there are no characters online and/or on screen. Not even with all settings on low. You don't have even near 60-90 fps. Maybe on 640x480. :P You did realize we talk about game/servers behavior with FL here, right?

Play some FL with 64 slots taken, for example go fight near river Camp and come back honestly telling us how your frames are. There are several (free) tools you can use to monitor frames. Besides, it's not the average value but lowest fps drops which makes the impact on user experience. Staying at spawn looking up in the air while being the only one on the server doesn't make performance doable.

I have several different machines, uncluding one with CPU 3570k and GPU 1060 6GB and that PC doesn't have steady 60+ on FHD, low settings in FL mode.

1060 is like double performance of 670 https://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/1769?vs=1777

777 1031
  • 10 May '19
 smellycathawk

With i7 1060 it runs fine. I don't push it and just sit at 75, which is steady in all modes with infrequent drops.

I have had times where there is periodic hitching, but resetting the game seems to iron that out.

Joining a server from matchmaking seems to always give me a worse ping than if i use the server list, but sometimes the server list is false advertising, or has ping spikes. I just find a new server.

Aside from that, FL just needs to be completely rebalanced, and made more interesting so it isn't the same fight in the same spot on every map every time. Seriously.

13 6
  • 10 May '19
 Bɑbɑг

@Peacerer said:

@Bɑbɑг said:

@Peacerer said:

@Bɑbɑг said:
But it is doable

100% you don't get 60-90 frames FHD playing FL unless there are no characters online and/or on screen. Not even with all settings on low. You don't have even near 60-90 fps. Maybe on 640x480. :P You did realize we talk about game/servers behavior with FL here, right?

Play some FL with 64 slots taken, for example go fight near river Camp and come back honestly telling us how your frames are. There are several (free) tools you can use to monitor frames. Besides, it's not the average value but lowest fps drops which makes the impact on user experience. Staying at spawn looking up in the air while being the only one on the server doesn't make performance doable.

I have several different machines, uncluding one with CPU 3570k and GPU 1060 6GB and that PC doesn't have steady 60+ on FHD, low settings in FL mode.

1060 is like double performance of 670 https://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/1769?vs=1777

Man I'm just saying that your statement : "Even with the best GPUs of 2011 for example HD 6990 or GTX 690 you couldn't run Mordhau. :P" is wrong because I play it with such old stuff and it works for me, not in a slideshow manner...

Now just to clarify a few points :

• I was talking about FL.
  • I play FHD with almost everything on low and no clothes physics.
  • I said "most of the time", so yeah I experienced some huge FPS drop once in a while, especially on 64 slots server and on horde mode. But I don't understand completely yet how it is triggered (sometimes it happens at spawn...)
  • I have activated the steam FPS counter ingame so I can keep an eye on it
  • Also my CPU and GPU are overclocked, which might help a little
2406 4883
  • 10 May '19
 Maci

@recurf said:

@Peacerer said:
What bothers me mostly (performance wise) is that in full FL server even with like 80+ frames and ~45 ms latency game feels like playing with 30 frames. Often everything (characters, fire on the ground, effects etc) seems kinda floaty.

I agree, I have around 60-70fps but it feels like 20fps. very strange

This my dude, I thought I was going crazy or that I got used too much to 144hz but fuck me I swear that the 60ish FPS I get in 64p Frontline feel like 25-30

67 40
  • 10 May '19
 Kuro1n

I feel very little difference between dueling servers and FL and no FPS issues. I got decent specs and high-medium settings landing me between 140-200 fps most of the times (occasionally drops lower from smokes (I think)).

Specs:
i7 8700 4.6ghz
16gb ddr4 3200mhz cl 14
GTX 980 ti