Mordhau
Mordhau Merch
Check out our merch shop!

Need help with Settings.

8 2
  • 8 May '19
 JackHinson

Hi all and hello Mordhau folks.

First, let me congratulate you all on a job well done - this game is FUN! Really. And I've been gaming since the Atari 2600 was a "new thing" and PONG was popular... so, just goes to show you don't have to have a giant conglomerate in order to create a first-rate game.

Second - my problem.

I was doing the tutorial earlier today and I noticed the motion blur. I do not like motion blur. So, after the tutorial ended, I went into "Settings" and turned motion blur OFF.

Apparently, something in the game did not like that, because now I cannot access half the controls for the game itself. All the button "hit boxes" have been moved around and I cannot access settings in order to set everything back to "default".

Yes, I know this sounds like a resolution issue, but trust me - I did not fool with anything other than "motion blur" and turning it OFF.

I don't want to uninstall/reinstall the game in order to gain access to the Settings control panel. I did notice that the ~ button brings up the command line. And that means there is likely a command I can type in that will reset the graphics to Default.

So... anyone with any knowledge of what that command might be, I would much appreciate your help. Thank you.

Oh, and there was an invisible Pikeman slaughtering me repeatedly in Horde mode - and I also noticed the Horde ignored me when this happened. I also noticed I could not attack the Horde I could actually see - could not interact with them. So... just saying.

Appreciate the help,

Jack.

20 30

I had this issue occur when I first got the game open— its a result of tabbing out in the base resolution, your mouse is registering in an incorrect location, right? The only thing you really can do is once accessing settings, reset your resolution, the base settings is part of the issue here. I don’t know exactly how to use the console to help out with that,

But just know that your mouse is likely a couple inches down and to the left of its actual image, and the only way to really solve it is to change resolution, try messing with it on windows settings perhaps.

20 30

Found a possible fix for you! Credit to --Locke for hunting it down first though.

%LocalAppData%\Mordhau\Saved\Config\WindowsClient\GameUserSettings.ini
you can fiddle with video settings here to try and fix it.

If it isn’t there, also try checking Steamapp commons,

8 2
  • 8 May '19
 JackHinson

@Squire_Lurac_of_Case said:
I had this issue occur when I first got the game open— its a result of tabbing out in the base resolution, your mouse is registering in an incorrect location, right? The only thing you really can do is once accessing settings, reset your resolution, the base settings is part of the issue here. I don’t know exactly how to use the console to help out with that,

But just know that your mouse is likely a couple inches down and to the left of its actual image, and the only way to really solve it is to change resolution, try messing with it on windows settings perhaps.

Much appreciated. Truly.

The "hitboxes" (for me) for the buttons are high right - which puts the "settings" button out of reach. The settings hitbox is literally off the screen. Which means I can't get at it.

Which brings us to --Locke and his solution. I will try this and see if I can get everything back to normal.

The command line thing - I brought that up and (through trial and error) found a command that set all the audio settings back to default. In my mind, if there is a command that can reset audio to default, then there is a command that can reset graphics to default. It's just a matter of finding out what it is and typing it in. Which would be a right handy thing to know.

Will update and let you guys know how this worked out.

Thanks again.

Jack

8 2
  • 9 May '19
 JackHinson

Update:

After much fiddling, as a last resort, I followed --Locke's trail of bread crumbs until I found the file. I tried changing the resolution, but no dice. Finally, I saw a setting that said "FULL SCREEN BORDERLESS" and it was set to "0". Which I figured meant 'Yes'...

So I set FULL SCREEN BORDERLESS to "1" which I figured meant "No".

As I remember, there were three lines that said "FULL SCREEN BORDERLESS" - all set to zero. I set them all to 1 and pulled the trigger.

BOOM! Instantly all the hitboxes were back where they were supposed to be and I was up and running. However, hitting "default" puts it once again - you guessed it - back on "FULL SCREEN BORDERLESS" and we're back in the same boat we were in before...

Hope nobody else has trouble with this, but if you're out of options, follow the trail and give it a try.

Much thanks to you, --Locke and the rest of the Mordhau bunch...

Peace.

Jack

Knight 830 1764
  • 9 May '19
 Ulkenstride

I'm glad you figured it out Jack! I have a comment as to your issue on Horde mode earlier. You experienced the ghost bug, which sometimes occurs when you take too long to load into a server. An easy fix is to open the console ~ and type reconnect. The quickest way to find out if you're ghosted is to hit and kick a nearby wall. If both attacks go through the wall without bouncing off, you're ghosted.

Here's something I wrote explaining the ghost bug in better detail https://mordhau.com/forum/topic/10084/bug-reporting-thread/?page=39#c780

8 2
  • 11 May '19
 JackHinson

Thanks Ulken... appreciated.

I was actually using the bug as a feature. I ghosted during the 64-man Tug O War and couldn't interact with anyone. But I could see everyone.

So I decided to play Scout, ran behind enemy lines, and gave my team updates as to where the enemy was and what he was up to. grin It's not a bug, it's a feature. Well, until someone greased me anyways.

Be well,

Jack

1 0

i need help with the resolution thing please

1 0
  • 27 Nov '19
 Ahopalo

I set the FullscreenMode to 1 from the GameUserSettings and it worked (AppData\Local\Mordhau\Saved\Config\WindowsClient\GameUserSettings)

THANKS!

Knight 1836 2232
  • 28 Nov '19
 Void

@Josh9deda32260534750 said:
i need help with the resolution thing please

Try pressing Alt + Enter