Mordhau
Mordhau Merch
Check out our merch shop!

Patch 04: ERROR - Failed to reserve slots (local match and online)

9 0
  • 8 May '19
 horrorshow1984

i can start local matches most of the time (the error still occurs, i'd say about a third of the time) but haven't been able to join any servers since the patch. please fix! thank you!

56 8

Same issues here

6 0
  • 8 May '19
 Methados

Same with me aswell. Happy to see I'm not the only one.

Saw on Steam forums that some people there are also getting it.

Hope Devs fix soon

6 1
  • 8 May '19
 D.I.EDaggert

Just paid for a server and connected to it once, only to be booted after map change with said error. Now IF/WHEN the server browser works i can see 6 people playing on my server. Fun Fun.

7 0
  • 8 May '19
 Its_Spin

@D.I.EDaggert said:
Just paid for a server and connected to it once, only to be booted after map change with said error. Now IF/WHEN the server browser works i can see 6 people playing on my server. Fun Fun.

I've been having issues with my server for the past 24 hours - failed to reserve spots, usually crashing when changing map. Not sure whats going on. hopefully devs fix issue soon..

6 1
  • 9 May '19
 D.I.EDaggert

Same soup reheated. Found that a restart will allow me to play one or two rounds before I get the boot.

7 0
  • 9 May '19
 Its_Spin

Seems to be just a linux issue, I purchased another server from a different host that seems to work without issue.

6 1
  • 9 May '19
 D.I.EDaggert

Man, this is getting to be a headache. The reason I paid for a server instead of using a dedicated box is because that was broken yesterday. I don't really want to give the devs grief over this, since they are working on fixes and such, but damn I just wanna play.

6 0
  • 9 May '19
 Methados

I hope the devs at least acknowledge this problem.

I really wanted to play with my friends in this game. But can't even play local against bots now

1 0
  • 9 May '19
 fleky

Had the same issue with my server, they added a new port with the hotfix. Open port 15000 and it will fix if it's server sided.

6 0
  • 9 May '19
 Methados

@fleky said:
Had the same issue with my server, they added a new port with the hotfix. Open port 15000 and it will fix if it's server sided.

No idea of a fix for people affected by this who are just trying to join servers?

Or should we wait and hope the devs give us some kinda answer about whats happening.

slot error.png

I also am going to post this screen shot of my error. Incase anyone needs to see it.

Man I'm really bummed out. I was really enjoying this game too

7 0
  • 10 May '19
 Its_Spin

It seems just to be an issue with linux based servers -- my windows server is running great @ pingperfect, the infravider one is linux server and not currently working. I really hope this is fixed soon.

9 0
  • 10 May '19
 horrorshow1984

it's not related to linux servers as this also happens on a windows machine in a local match with bots. it also has nothing to do with port 15000 since a local match won't even try connecting through my firewall. i understand that both issues with linux servers and missing port-forwarding on servers might result in the same error but it seems to be a general bug.

56 8

Yes it is a general bug which happened from Patch #3 to Patch #4.

The bug does exist on Linux & Windows. Even if all ports are open, unique. If there is enough hardware etc. it still bugs out. We also tried to emulate Windows Server package on Linux with WINE, same issues.

988 6974
  • 10 May '19
 marox — Project Lead

@horrorshow1984 said:
it's not related to linux servers as this also happens on a windows machine in a local match with bots. it also has nothing to do with port 15000 since a local match won't even try connecting through my firewall. i understand that both issues with linux servers and missing port-forwarding on servers might result in the same error but it seems to be a general bug.

By local do you mean singleplayer/local play from the menu, or a server?

6 22
  • 10 May '19
 COONSWARM

Thought it may not help the conversation, opening port 15000 (and 15001 for my other server with -BeaconPort-15001) fixed my two Windows servers that were having issues.

9 0
  • 10 May '19
 horrorshow1984

@marox said:

@horrorshow1984 said:

By local do you mean singleplayer/local play from the menu, or a server?

Singleplayer/local from the menu. it doesn't happen every single time but most of the times now.

As for online play (server), i couldn't join a single time since Patch #4. I really hope they fix this soon, I really enjoy the game.

1 0
  • 11 May '19
 Pwnacles.exe

Linux server host here (Ubuntu 18.04). I managed to get past this error same as COONSWARM, by forwarding 15000/15001 TCP/UDP in my router and firewalld. Hopefully that helps someone out there.

9 0
  • 11 May '19
 horrorshow1984

So, i tried a few things yesterday. Joining an online match doesn’t work 100%. I managed to get around the error in local matches.
I started a deathmatch with bots (fight -> local match), it loads and I get the „ERROR - failed to reserve slots“ message. However, the map loads and i get stuck in the join screen without a mouse cursor and can neither join nor spectate. Bringing up the console and running „restartlevel“ lets me join after the restart. It’s not great since I still can’t play with my friends but at least I can now practice offline against bots. I’ll try to do a full reinstall of the game too see if that helps. Are there any debug options to help pinpoint the bug? I don’t mind going on a bug hunt but without detailed console logs one’s very limited at that.

9 0
  • 11 May '19
 horrorshow1984

ah just one other thing: the error occurring due to wrong firewall settings and missing port forwarding on servers is NOT a bug. it's stated in the patch's release notes that port forwarding has to be enabled. the bug i'm talking about is a client side issue as there is no port forwarding needed in a local match. if any of you have problems setting up your firewall and port forwarding on your server, feel free to send me a DM, i can help you with that.