Mordhau

Nakeds with 3 Firepots Needs a Nerf

414 418
 nohbdy

What does or doesn't "have [a] place" or belong in this game in not for you to decide, nor is there any good reason to think that with regard to fire bombs.

10 4

"Archers are fine" ~ Archers main

@LordCommanderJonSnow said:
blah i was mainly bitching about taiga on blue, and getting wrecked by firepots on that map yesterday

map is hard enough

i basically need to go on a massive streak with messer and bloodlust to have any chance of winning for my team

i guess i can make a build with light armor legs and fireproof just for this situation hahaha

thanks guys, flame on

You sound like someone that just lost a game while dying couple of times to firepot then came crying on forums. You do know that winning and losing literally doesn't mean shit you still get the same amount of gold and exp. There isn't even a stat tracking your wins that you could care for. Besides it's a completely meme build that has huge drawbacks.

Knight 7636 14014

I like firepots

1081 1716

@Pariah said:

@Lionheart Chevalier said:
Fire grenades have no place in Mordhau. What's next, black powder grenades and fire arms?

Slippery slope argument won't help you here.
Pots play a big role in zone control, always have and always will.
I can't see them being removed at any point in the game's lifespan.

You ignored the actual argument and seized on an opening rhetorical question pointing out the absurdity of fire grenades in a melee slasher.

Zone control is the problem. Swords, shields, archers are supposed to be zoning not fire grenades. Why should the two sides have to have a stare off because 1 guy keeps throwing grenades between us. WE WANT TO FIGHT but someone has taken it upon them self to determine when we fight and where. Archers don't get to make those decisions for melee boys, why should fire mages have that much power? Not even engineers, whom spend how many points to set up barricades have that much power in "zone control."

We already know fire mages are cancer to melee boys on the enemy team as well as their own team but they're just as much a scourge to archers. They camp the ammo crates and use max perks to wreak havoc on dedicated archers behind enemy lines and then use the high point to spam fire pots on friend and foe alike. They also instantly poof away engineer's builds, though would rather troll actual players.

Fire pots do not flow well with the rest of the game and should not be a load out option.

1081 1716

@ToLazy4Name said:
I like firepots

Ah Lazy, I remember the cancer you reaped with fire pots during alpha and how you were pretty much banned on every server.

One day these noobs will be just as cancer with fire as you are.

23 15
  • 9 May
 Radix

I never felt that range units are overpowered in this game, getting hit by them is nuisance but nothing more and I havent been shot in the head for past 20 games or so..... also due to projectile speed and movement model it is very easy to side step arrows. Same thing when I play ranged, occasional headshot here and there, some dmg hits that dont seem to influence anything much, honestly whenever I play ranged unit I just go back to melee because I feel that its a waste of player spot to play ranged.

Fire bombs seem more effective to me, but also not overpowered, and I personally like them, they encourage tactical thinking a lot

42 17

yo yo chill

all i am suggesting is that you should only be able to equip 2 firepots, not 3

that way they are actually tempted to equip a melee weapon and play the game

instead of running in and dying to get more firepots haha

Knight 7636 14014

@Lionheart Chevalier said:
One day these noobs will be just as cancer with fire as you are.

is that a challenge

666 silver knight.jpg

42 17

@Onebananatoofar said:
"Archers are fine" ~ Archers main

blah i was mainly bitching about taiga on blue, and getting wrecked by firepots on that map yesterday

map is hard enough

i basically need to go on a massive streak with messer and bloodlust to have any chance of winning for my team

i guess i can make a build with light armor legs and fireproof just for this situation hahaha

thanks guys, flame on

You sound like someone that just lost a game while dying couple of times to firepot then came crying on forums. You do know that winning and losing literally doesn't mean shit you still get the same amount of gold and exp. There isn't even a stat tracking your wins that you could care for. Besides it's a completely meme build that has huge drawbacks.

I like to play the game to win. That's the whole point of a "game".

Yes I was playing blue on Taiga, which is already super unbalanced. Every time I even made it to the camp, same dude was waiting by the ammo chest naked, he then throws 6 firepots on to the circle, and turns it into an inferno.

Every time I chased after him, he just ran away, or ran around in circles around a tent or something while his whole team killed me.

I'm not the only one. My friends have been talking about groups of players going all firepot and ruining games.

42 17

it's all good guys, I just made a "fireproof" build of all 25 of my classes haha

things are neat and tidy now, thanks

Count 131 218
  • 9 May
 Pariah

it's all good guys, I just made a "fireproof" build of all 25 of my classes haha

things are neat and tidy now, thanks

This whole threads come about to be an absolute shitfest, but I'm glad you've found a solution that works for the time being.