Mordhau

Maul stamina drain

53 8
 janat08

I think they should buff it. Like at least for it to drain more stamina against blockers, so that people don't kite you as much and instead go for it before they have to block one too many attacks. This way it somewhat negates your inability to combo, or rather both compensates for it and mitigates it.

Knight 614 1111
  • 8 May
 Uncy

You're completely wrong

1405 1475

There are weapons that allow you to combo. You can always pick one of those.

53 8
  • 8 May
 janat08

The time that you take to swing that, you can basically swing one armed weapon like 3 times, and a bunch of those kill in 2 hits to the head. They might have a bigger or similar range, besides costing less.

53 8
  • 8 May
 janat08

You have to be a moron to get hit with that.

53 8
  • 8 May
 janat08

A messer will basically drain the same amount of stamina per hit, ignoring the astronomical difference in reach and speed.

Knight 614 1111
 Uncy

@janat08 said:
A messer will basically drain the same amount of stamina per hit, ignoring the astronomical difference in reach and speed.

A messer cant one one hit a fucking t3 helmet dude

And about the swing time, it just shows that youve played this game for like 10 hours, learn about ripostes, drags, accels and get back to us

53 8
  • 8 May
 janat08

I have 4k kills. By in large messer and maul will do the same damage per second. Ur mom drags when I accel and riposte you.

34 19

It's not really effective: putting your serious idea and than ending by talking like a baby.

The fact is.. hour ago i saw GIRU who made a 100+ kills on maul with no problem. So.... maul is fine

53 8
  • 9 May
 janat08

Maul is too big to penetrate unless it's a facial, so maul is a lot like the penis. Did you see him use any other weapon?

Sellsword 203 244
  • 9 May
 Redeaux

What the sus is going on

53 8
  • 11 May
 janat08

We're refining our manners, it's the second renaissance. I was merely arguing that a high damage weapon or a low attack time one should have at least proportionate stamina drain, ignoring lack of combo.

34 19
  • 12 May
 Anachoretes

@janat08 said:
We're refining our manners, it's the second renaissance. I was merely arguing that a high damage weapon or a low attack time one should have at least proportionate stamina drain, ignoring lack of combo.

If you ask me if a turtle, trembling under his shield, should lose it from two blows of a two-handed hammer, a mace, or a maul.. then I will say yes. Thus, we will get not only a good balance, but also a contribution to the role-playing combat system, when the maulman will go in the first line against the shieldman. But im not shure how many "shots" you can absorb right now.

53 8
  • 14 May
 janat08

4, they nerfed it from 3. a one-handed sword is 5.

90 78
  • 14 May
 SushiFish

@janat08 said:

Messer stamina drain on strikes > 19
Messer stamina drain on thrusts > 17
Same values for alt-mode(one-handed)

Maul stamina drain on strikes > 24
Maul stamina drain on thrusts > 19

For every strike, that's 5 more stamina drained, then 10, then 15...It adds up and will drain the opponent much faster.
Maul wins almost every stamina duel, which it should since its a very difficult weapon to use compared to the Messer.

30 55
  • 14 May
 Mojique

In my opinion blocking stamina consumption needs a rework, possibly involving a new stat for weapons that impacts how much stamina it takes to block.

There is no stat on the stat page that shows how much stamina a weapon eats when it hits a shield, only the standard amount of stamina reduction received upon blocking any hit, so unless the stat page is incomplete, there's no reason to use a maul for busting open shields over a dagger or a carving knife. Aside from the possibility of jumping over the head and busting the shielduser's skull instead, of course, but that's not beating the shield but beating your opponent's ability to use it, and it's entirely his fault if he lets that happen.

The maul itself is fine as is, it takes skill to get the oneshots it can do to everybody and it's slow and short to boot.

53 8
  • 16 May
 janat08

@SushiFish said:

@janat08 said:

you're ignoring the speed difference, and the range, and the point costs. More importantly it costing significantly more, and more arbitrarily it not having combo, or shield.

53 8
  • 16 May
 janat08

It's basically 5 hits against 6, now look at the difference in speed.