Mordhau

(Stay on Topic)So the game obviously has bad netcode/shitty servers if......

39 38
  • 10 Jul
 sneakers

Yep 10th of July. Servers are still dog shit for me and many others.
100ms constantly and if it goes down to around 70ms it still says "high ping" constantly.
No response from the devs about these serious core issues and out right denying from the fan boys.
Now the game has 10k average players compared to the intial 60k it got on release.
Well done you've fucking killed your game.
And you want this to become esports. Rofl.

359 144

@sneakers said:
Yep 10th of July. Servers are still dog shit for me and many others.
100ms constantly and if it goes down to around 70ms it still says "high ping" constantly.
No response from the devs about these serious core issues and out right denying from the fan boys.
Now the game has 10k average players compared to the intial 60k it got on release.
Well done you've fucking killed your game.
And you want this to become esports. Rofl.

I'm not surprised by the decline of players, but if you think they're lost forever and the game is dead, well you're dead wrong.
Most people are probably gonna check back in a few months time, see what new weapons and maps have been added for example.
It's normal for hype games to have higher player counts early and then gradually losing over time.
I'm having 20-40 ping in EU,. 100-120 on US servers and I'll get highping warnings there. But guess what, I found an easy fix, I just set my region to europe and done.
For you it might be a bit harder, maybe you need to open specific ports or use LAN instead of WIFI / WLAN.

138 218
  • 10 Jul
 DylanS_98

I constantly have packet loss on most servers and a buddy of mine consistently lags on Mordhau. May have a video to follow up with just to demonstrate how bad it gets for him sometimes.

18 9

Yay for dead servers.

957 306

i play on wifi and i know damn well that if i was wired id not have much lag if any but i cant install wired in my apartment damn contract says i cant

39 38
  • 8 Aug
 sneakers

Has nothing to do with our internet. The networking/servers in this game are fucking utter garbage.

Knight 479 925
  • 9 Aug
 wierHL

Is this a regional issue?
My internet isn't anything special but most of the time I'm on servers between 30 and 50ms latency. Never had to play on anything above 70.

181 165
  • 9 Aug
 Unlikely

@sneakers said:

Has nothing to do with our internet. The networking/servers in this game are fucking utter garbage.

Evidence, please.

403 601
  • 9 Aug
 smug

Pretty sure I'm experiencing phantom strikes/attacks, no idea what caused it, will probably record and post if it happens again.

359 144

@sneakers said:

That doesn't make sense because it only affects 5-10% of players if not less. So why don't any of you give detailed information on your
1) location
2) modem / router brand and model

That might actually help.

39 38
  • 11 Aug
 sneakers

LK50BZk

This doesn't happen in any other game.
The excuse of "It's a UE engine thing" is fucking horse shit. I do the same test in Killing Floor and I got less latency in game than the cmd ping.
Taking my PC over to my mates place with 100mbps down internet that's the best you can possibly get in my area and it's actually worse ping.
Whether or not you agree, the servers and networking are fucking dog shit. More and more people are starting to notice and it actually effects those with low ping in game without them realizing it.
300 hours no in the game never have I ever experienced low latency where everything seemed normal.
I don't really give a fuck anymore it's clear this community is a bunch of ignorant cunts with high ego. You just enjoy putting people down and feeling like your better. Fuck this game, fuck these devs and fuck you, you shit hole blind sheep like community. You're worse than the EfT community when it comes to problems with the game and updates + commmunication from the dev.

Enjoy your neckbeard duel game. Cause that's all it's good for.

Chiv 2 is going to shit on this game for casual play, it will probably have modding available before this game does at this rate and it will 100% have better map, level and sound design. I'm just going to play WoW Classic til that comes out, was a good run but just simple things like horses and servers being dog shit all the time is enough alone for me to stop playing. Not to mention the other 100+ serious issues with this game like votekicking and animation abuse.

957 306

i play in Ethiopia and have very few lag issues (100 ping is alot) but then again i have to go either NA or EU servers to even play so its not that bad

Knight 479 925
  • 11 Aug
 wierHL

Servers and the mechanics of wireless communication aren't my forte, so I might be getting this completely wrong.
If I understand this correctly there's always a discrepancy between the ping you measure and the latency you get in game. Game packets having longer loading intervals before being sent out or something like that.
Logically the difference in time would increase with increasing distance right?
The examples you post are from servers in Sidney, Australia. The top section of your image shows one that's supposedly 15199 km away from your device. Unless that's a smaller number but I don't see a decimal sign or whitespace anyware.
I figured "ok that's weird but they're probably West Coast or SEA, those places lack servers" but then I realized the Earth has a circumference of about 40000 km.
I don't get it, why are you connecting to a server on almost the other side of the world? Why is it weird you're getting 88ms latency on such a server? Where the fuck are you even connecting from? Pic for reference, according to that distance your device should be anywhere on this circle's edge. The entire blue zone is closer to Sidney. Is there a decimal sign in your pic I'm not seeing?
server.PNG
It's not like I'm trying to deny there are server issues. I've heard South America and LA aren't exactly great and West-Aus and SEA are straight up lacking. I see a few people with yellow ping in your pic and even one with red so there may well be problems with the Sidney servers. That distance on your pic is just confusing the fuck out of me.

1572 1628
Knight 479 925
  • 11 Aug
 wierHL

@SWSeriousMike said:
https://mordhau.com/forum/topic/18463/there-is-a-serious-problem-with-the-labelling-of-s/

You can ignore the name of the server. It has no meaning whatsoever.

never mind what I said then, might also explain why 4 servers have the same name in that browser
So the distance listed is incorrect too then?

978 704
  • 11 Aug
 esturias

I have pretty much zero clue about the technical side, so I can just report what I notice:
My internet connects via radio, which isn't the best thing for gaming, but until the end of the year, it is the only fast and reliable internet available in my area.
I can't complain much, since most multiplayergames still work fine, with a few connection drops here and there causing lags and delays and maybe one complete cut a month. Annoying, but I can live with that since gaming is just a minor hobby of mine.

But in this game it's WAY worse, making melee completely unplayable for the most part, due to hits not getting registered and parries not working. Went over playing archer right at the start, but there is no way learning how to intuitively aim and lead a shot, because they go everywhere (that's also due to the glitchy movement though).
Now went over to play medic to have a tiny bit of melee every now and then at least. When it works, it's awesome. But most of the time it doesn't.
Besides that, all servers I join have lots of yellow and red players and every now and then, half the server turns those colors. So I guess that it's not 100% the fault of the players' connections...

Knight 479 925
  • 11 Aug
 wierHL

@esturias said:

But in this game it's WAY worse, making melee completely unplayable for the most part, due to hits not getting registered and parries not working. Went over playing archer right at the start, but there is no way learning how to intuitively aim and lead a shot, because they go everywhere (that's also due to the glitchy movement though).
Besides that, all servers I join have lots of yellow and red players and every now and then, half the server turns those colors. So I guess that it's not 100% the fault of the players' connections...

Haven't noticed that many on the West-EU servers. Where are you from? Could be the servers they rented over there are bad.

957 306

hey idk how it works its just my reality when it comes to the game

1572 1628

@wierHL said:
never mind what I said then, might also explain why 4 servers have the same name in that browser
So the distance listed is incorrect too then?

I don't know where that distance is from. So I can't answer that question. What tool are you using to get the distance listed?

181 165
  • 11 Aug
 Unlikely

So based on that screenshot,

• You're connected to an official server in Sydney,
  • Using the ping utility (presumably 103.126.137.194 is Umbriel 13), you see a round trip to for ICMP packets of 74 ms,
  • "Ping" in the game, which is the round trip time for UDP packets plus processing time by the server, is 88 ms.

So your client request takes 36 ms to arrive at the server, is getting handled by the server in 14 ms, and takes another 36 ms to get back to you. And you'd like us to be outraged at the server?