Mordhau

To block or not to block.

34 19

Hi. What you think is that? Desync\Ping problem? Wrong timings or directions? I'm using buckler for a long time, and 2H sword sometimes just isnt react for blocking. And it looks doubtful when the timings didn't match the animation.

24 2
  • 8 May
 Lit_red

Он попал в самый конец анимации блока, еле-еле не успел заблокировать. И да, выбрось баклер, от тебе помогает как рыбе зонтик.

Knight 7633 14008

Looks like you simply parried too early.

34 19

@Lit_red said:
Он попал в самый конец анимации блока, еле-еле не успел заблокировать. И да, выбрось баклер, от тебе помогает как рыбе зонтик.

Да не, с баклером пери получше заходят. Углы блока побольше.

Knight 7633 14008

cyka kurwa blyat dasvidaniya snayperskya

Knight 1269 3804
  • 8 May
 Frise

You can see the start of the animation of the buckler going down, meaning your parry window ended before you got hit.

34 19

@ToLazy4Name said:
Looks like you simply parried too early.

So, my next question is - why it is early?
Аннотация 2019-05-08 035848.png

It was just before the sword reach my hitbox. And this timings works with any other weapons. Maybe, a network issue.

Knight 7633 14008

It's possible that latency played a part, but you can see the buckler begin to come down before the strike hits you.

34 19

@Frise said:
You can see the start of the animation of the buckler going down, meaning your parry window ended before you got hit.

Yes, when the sword was in my body already. HEMA suggest to parry before that)

Knight 1269 3804
  • 8 May
 Frise

You asked for an explanation, you got one. This is a game. The parry window starts and ends instantly, there is no middle ground, unless you want the animation to instantly snap back down. You can use the shield that appears on your crosshair as a visual indication of your parry window.

56 136
  • 8 May
 k0dlak

He manipulated his swing in a matter of dragging it slightly away from you during the release phase in order for you to parry too early. It's not a latency issue, he simply outplayed you.

34 19

@k0dlak said:
He manipulated his swing in a matter of dragging it slightly away from you during the release phase in order for you to parry too early. It's not a latency issue, he simply outplayed you.

Usually, drags are obvious - awkward footwork. Like this time. And my reaction wasnt for a release. A did it many times and succefully. When i'm missing a drags or accels - i see it and i dont have any questions. So, maybe, sword hitbox was slightly away from his geodata and it's impossible to react. Or, network prediction have peoblem with drags or accels. As i said, it's happen not every time with same timings.

Offtopic. Maybe, there is a conflict in between offense and defense sides. Because of drags and accels - offense become a pretty dynamic, defense is not. Offense is "physicalized", defense is not. This is not surprising, because the first one, so to speak, is a pleasant system mistake. Not a bug, but a feature.

And the main difficulty of this mechanics is that it is not in the tutorial.

Knight 2237 4025
  • 8 May
 Runagate

It is, but they don't call it dragging in it and the instructor only does it to you like 2 times. Tutorial doesn't make you do it though, which is a problem