Mordhau

Can we just delete Taiga from the rotation all together?

42 17

I know there are only 4 maps, but this map is so heavily balanced towards red, it's just not fun.

The devs have to have the win percentage for Red on this map. Has to be close to 99%.

map is virtually unplayable.

Duke 341 973

Taiga is biased towards red, no doubt - I haven't even seen what the objective is for blue once they've captured the points. That said, I still enjoy playing on the map. I kind of enjoy the challenge of playing on the blue side. Of course I do think it's crucial this map get changes to balance the two sides.

529 278

Guess what the objective is? You go in to their camp, you take torches that are sitting around, and you burn their wood piles! Thats the big objective :P

Knight 334 777
  • 7 May
 AngelEyes

That hasn’t been my experience so far, to me it’s Camp that is terrible as red always gets river right of the bat then most of the time it’s a steam roll from there

777 1029

@Ruby Rhoderick said:
Taiga is biased towards red, no doubt - I haven't even seen what the objective is for blue once they've captured the points. That said, I still enjoy playing on the map. I kind of enjoy the challenge of playing on the blue side. Of course I do think it's crucial this map get changes to balance the two sides.

See this is what i did in chiv, pick the side that was more challenging. But in chiv that usually meant defending/attacking in different locations, accomplishing different goals, and at any of which either side could win the game on at any point.

In mordhau it means blue attacks camp for like half an hour... or red attacks the stables or red attacks the stables.

Out of all my hours played on frontline 50% of the time the same above objectives have been active and it is getting tiring. There is no real back and forth most of the time.

87 184
 Dekkers

The spawn for the blue team on Taiga, for the second point that is, is just too far away from the camp in the center of the map. Fixing this should take care of the lack of balance on that map. It's frankly quite frustrating to be on blue, given that you'll spawn there a lot.

As for camp, I feel like the catapult that only one team gets doesn't exactly help in terms of balance either. The spawns are fairly close on that one, although it does seem that team Red has more cover on their approach to the river.

The point made by the topic creator is definetly valid, but minor edits should be able to fix both maps and I hope the devs will do this as soon as they've found time to do so.

Love the game, so I hope they do.

42 17

@smellycathawk said:

@Ruby Rhoderick said:

See this is what i did in chiv, pick the side that was more challenging. But in chiv that usually meant defending/attacking in different locations, accomplishing different goals, and at any of which either side could win the game on at any point.

In mordhau it means blue attacks camp for like half an hour... or red attacks the stables or red attacks the stables.

Out of all my hours played on frontline 50% of the time the same above objectives have been active and it is getting tiring. There is no real back and forth most of the time.

Right ya I get this. In Chivalry we had Coldfront as the super impossible one sided map. Since we could vote out maps, it usually got voted out. This was fine because we had quite a bit of maps to choose from in Chivalry. Coldfront, although unbalanced, was still pretty fun to play out. Their was an epic Normandy style assault, that lead to an epic castle siege. Who ever was top player on Agatha got to spawn in as King, and had to make a daring escape THROUGH the enemy team, to some boats. It was super fun, and very challenging. My whole goal at first was to 1) Escape with the King, 2) Escape as the King.

After 2.2k hours in Chivalry, I accomplished both, but I only escaped as king maybe once or twice, which was entirely epic when it happened.

I love the look and woodsy feel of Taiga, it just seems very unbalanced. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for a challenge, and always play Blue when it comes up. I've tried so many different builds to help my team win. From engineer, to bloodlust knight. I'm still fine tuning.

Maybe it's just that the game is so new people don't understand how to get to the camp circle as blue, or know to rush it. I feel like I can get there before red, but I'm typically fighting 5-6 guys by myself at least. From that point, it is extremely difficult to take it back, and hold it. I have won it as blue maybe 3 times since release.

I know there are 2 more maps in development. It's just hard when there are only 5 maps, and 1 of them is so 1 sided. Makes 20% of Frontline sort of unplayable.

1391 1457

Second blue spawn in Taiga is actually further away from the camp in the mid than the first spawn. Blue has to take the camp and hold it for 2 or so respawn waves. If they can't, they lose. If they can, they have a very high chance of winning.

Either way it's boring because the first two minutes decide who will win and the rest is just dragging on forever because fire bombs can shut down most ways.

Reduce tickets to 250 and it might be an interesting map in competitive games. For 64 players it's getting boring real quick.

8 10
  • 7 May
 SFJake

Spawn point isn't the only issue, the camp is ridiculously hard to take unorganized, the chokes are stupid as fuck and I genuinly don't even want to get in the camp when I play blue.

42 17

i mean it's just so awfully bad

red has super easy routes to the middle, with built in spiked ramps for defense

blue has logs you can glitch into the river on, a jump you get kicked off, and a bridge covered by archers

seems legit

777 1029

@SWSeriousMike said:

Either way it's boring because the first two minutes decide who will win and the rest is just dragging on forever because fire bombs can shut down most ways.

This should be the tagline for frontline tbh

1391 1457

I've seen comebacks and back and forth play on the other maps. Never on Taiga. Just yesterday Camp was decided by a 6 ticket difference.

Knight 2593 6884

Its a shame really, I love the choke clusterfuck near the red final point

5 3
  • 8 May
 Loopios7

It looks nice and all but red is clearly favoured I agree. So far only once the blue team has managed to win in all the times I played on taiga

7 9

I love Taiga, playing on blue is always a blast. My blue teammates tend to be retarded though and feed kills to red team.

42 17

ya i mean i've won a few times, but usually it's 5v1 for blue

red actually gets to the middle faster, did they not time it takes for both sides to get to middle? seems like a very basic test of map creation

chivalry had far superior maps, and more of them 100%

hopefully with $15 million gross we can get some better maps in time.....