Mordhau

How good is Rapier - Is it broken/overpowered?

3 0
  • 5 May
 xMatic

Rapier is fun

This game is sooo god damn fun :D I need to take more breaks :D

Everything is so polished and fun. And when you die it isn't because of some stupid weapon or something. You know that someone just outskilled you really. Some weapons are just stronger in some situation.

I was a short spear and shield user until I found out about Rapier speed and range, and how fun fire bombs are. I know...no honor. Rapier is really kinda overpowered xD.

Only shields, ranged weapons and chambers from weapons with similar speed can counter your stab spam :D or maybe if you get outranged by longer weapons. But once you come close, well you win :D

This game really is about skill and counters. Every weapon has counters in this game. One just needs to adopt.

8 4
  • 5 May
 cjwalker28

Three threads within an hour where you say the same exact thing.

Knight 917 2521
  • 5 May
 Pred

Rapier and some other fast weapons are zero-effort hit feeds symptomatic of poor ideas for balance and how the combat should work around first hit flinch.

Devs decided that weapon timings pushing on human reaction time are manageable from defensive standpoint in laboratory environment between dedicated players who play Mordhau every day for hours and can be defeated via stamina warfare, so they should be entirely fine for general population.

Well, they are not.

Noobs quickly caught on that having a faster weapon lets you just go bot-mode and attack at all times, which has additional pros that you will rarely have to parry, which is that hard thing that often gets you killed.

Rapier or Bastard Sword are simply asymmetrical, they take very little skill to use and a lot of skill to defend against.

529 278

It's OP as fuck, 2 stabs to kill med armor? I am unlocking this damn thing today. If you can't beat em, join em. And if people call me a faggot for using rapier I will just say, "Yeah, you are kind of right, I turned into a rapier fggt."

529 278

@Pred said:
Rapier and some other fast weapons are zero-effort hit feeds symptomatic of poor ideas for balance and how the combat should work around first hit flinch.

Devs decided that weapon timings pushing on human reaction time are manageable from defensive standpoint in laboratory environment between dedicated players who play Mordhau every day for hours and can be defeated via stamina warfare, so they should be entirely fine for general population.

Well, they are not.

Noobs quickly caught on that having a faster weapon lets you just go bot-mode and attack at all times, which has additional pros that you will rarely have to parry, which is that hard thing that often gets you killed.

Rapier or Bastard Sword are simply asymmetrical, they take very little skill to use and a lot of skill to defend against.

I wonder if making it so dinky little weapons like that didn't make you flinch so much depending on your animation position might be a solution..... hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Knight 253 682
  • 5 May
 Iodine

got 30-0 in a duelyard with rapier today

its alright

(i had thrown my rapier once i saw victory screen)

20190505185056_1.jpg

Knight 1269 3804
  • 5 May
 Frise

A furry going 30 - 0 with a weapon must mean that something is wrong with said weapon.

101 171
  • 5 May
 Sektor

Rapier is a piece of shit weapon and you should feel bad for using it.

251 859
 Cswic

It is fine.

What isn't fine is seemingly every new player ignoring the part in the tutorial about ripostes and chambers.

Couple that with the fact that new players panic parry after being struck half the time and you have your explanation for why rapier, or any relatively fast weapon, is going to abuse them.

101 171
  • 5 May
 Sektor

@Cswic said:
It is fine.

What isn't fine is seemingly every new player ignoring the part in the tutorial about ripostes and chambers.

Couple that with the fact that new players panic parry after being struck half the time and you have your explanation for why rapier, or any relatively fast weapon, is going to abuse them.

Literally pissing me self reading your post. Rapier is overtuned, same as shields and archery (which might be initially the limit and not archery itself in the end). And it's not that the people ignore ripostes and chambers. Is because they are overtuned. Simple as that.

2 2

Were are the devs on this? EVERYONE in game is crapping on how broken the faster thrust weapons are.... you literally cannot attack if you are using the maul.... another thing i think needs to be addressed is getting ganked by multiple people with no way to defend yourself.... i think if you parry someones blow you should auto deflect other hits until you are able to deflect again at the very least. I think i will start another thread for this subject...

529 278

@GAYFISH said:
link text

Was this a troll link? its error 404. Or I just didn't get the joke?

529 278

@Sektor said:

@Cswic said:
It is fine.

Literally pissing me self reading your post. Rapier is overtuned, same as shields and archery (which might be initially the limit and not archery itself in the end). And it's not that the people ignore ripostes and chambers. Is because they are overtuned. Simple as that.

The sad part is he has 800 likes to 200 posts =/ I hate when people can't even admit when a weapon is OP. They are a huge part of the problem when trying to balance games. But seeing how the rest of this community is, I guess it's easy to see why he is popular.

301 875
  • 5 May
 Naleaus

@Christian2222 said:

@Sektor said:

@Cswic said:
It is fine.

The sad part is he has 800 likes to 200 posts =/ I hate when people can't even admit when a weapon is OP. They are a huge part of the problem when trying to balance games. But seeing how the rest of this community is, I guess it's easy to see why he is popular.

It's more likely because he has 1k+ hours and it's not OP to him. It's hard to differentiate between what are new players killers and what's actually OP. In this case, I agree that it's not OP. But it's pretty low skill to use for it's effectiveness against newer players. I know devs will probably adjust stabs, just don't know how yet. (Also shields, probably, since they're complained about a lot.)

Knight 334 777
  • 5 May
 AngelEyes

Well said Nal. It's not OP it's just dick cancer.

14 8

Shields are breakible via kicking and Rapierthrustspammers can easily be counterd via dodging the first thrust or blocking it and feinting a bit.

Knight 1269 3804
  • 6 May
 Frise

@VincentvanGrow said:
Rapierthrustspammers counterd via feinting a bit.

ye clearly you haven't experienced what rapier spam is

3 4
  • 6 May
 Seoge

yes it is broken, overpowered, and it brake my immersion every time when I saw the wearing heavy Helmet and Kite shield with naked rapier guys.

JUST DELETE RAPIER ALREADY

251 859
 Cswic

No point.