Mordhau

New Companies?

8 12

I like the whole companies idea that Mordhau presents but the whole "red" and "blue" teams are really bland to me and it seems like people TK too much on accident because they think they are the other team because of blood. Maybe adding a Yellow Company with a unique name or White Company. Basically different colours with unique names and the teams could be randomized. Sometimes when you are playing, you always get hit by your teammates and they say "Sorry you look like you was an Iron Company!" and I get it. I've accidentally killed people because I thought they were a different team. I know this has been a feature ever since the Alpha but wouldn't it be cool to see new companies with unique colours? Thanks for listening and I would really like to hear you guys and give your take on my idea. Do you agree?

Mercenary 2189 3903

I mean TKing is part of the genre imo, it happens.

Since they are mercenary companies, I feel like couple more companies could join the roster.

Randomly match companies with each other on maps aaaand boom, variety goes over the roof. Secretly tag them based on cold/hot color ranges (blue-cold/red-hot) and avoid matching companies with same color range say; Golden Boiz(Yellow) vs Noble Orange Dudes(You guessed it, orange) don't get put vs each other on a map.

8 12

I agree with if the colours are very similar they shouldn't be put against eachother. I just really think if they added new companies it would make some people less frustrated with the Red Vs Blue thing. Red Vs Blue has been a staple in gaming and I think people are just tired of it, I like Red Vs Blue don't get me wrong.

63 43
  • 20 Jul
 Cadiz

Honestly I think it would be more useful to scrap the Red vs Blue idea and have another way of distinguishing between allies and enemies so that the fashion meta could stand out more. I know that if you center your crosshairs on a player you can see if they're an ally or enemy but it's impractical in a frey.

957 306

honestly i think the game should just have better team markers above the head that shows the teams emblem above them instead of the gold arrow we have now (which gets hidden in Taiga and Crossroads due to the sun), i feel it would make people at least notice more team members and that it should be on by Default instead of needing to have h pressed

Mercenary 2189 3903

Nah, its a visual clutter imho and shouldn't be on default BUT it should be easier for new people to see that there is such an option.

957 306

@EruTheTeapot said:
Nah, its a visual clutter imho and shouldn't be on default BUT it should be easier for new people to see that there is such an option.

well i use it because i like using No team colors so a option to have that ugly orange color be able to be changed would be nice

8 12

I agree with some of the things that you guys are bringing up and I do acknowledge that they now added a bind so you can see the team you are on. This still bothers me though as I really want to see more companies/teams. I just feel like it would be better then "Red Vs Blue" every time you get on. Having a "No Team Colors" could horribly go wrong with accidentally killing your teammates but if it could be toggled it would be really fun as the new teammate bar is up now so it isn't a bad idea imo.

9 7
  • 6 Sep
 jakkre

It happens so often to me that I accidentally kill or get killed by a team mate because all the blood makes players look like they are from the red team. Especially when fighting on a horse I find it often difficult to figure out if the players is friendly or hostile.